The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
COBL_04 said:

but that was disgraceful on the part of Vline. Disgraceful. There are no excuses. I hope they feel like crap now.

:

There was a serious safety concern for V-Line drivers. That is a good enough reason to go on strike....bravo.

Collingwood are scum, the Man Utd of AFL.

What was the concern? I heard they walked out because of a dispute with the union or sometthing.

And the Pies aren't that bad... there's a percentage that are really decent... :)

....Ok sure that might only be about 5/10% but still....

:lol:

I love watching Crows/Pies games... you watch these strapping young lads playing great football... and then the camera pans to the crowd... and you see 99% overweight blokes with pies and beers and guts hanging out and abuse being hurled and missing teeth...:wink:

Oh I'm having too much fun. No there are a few good Pies supporters.

I want to know about Judd - is it just an adductor tear or is the dreaded OP?

Probably OP, but even if he's 'alf fit, the Eagles will play him, he's that good and the Eagles are in all sorts.. He'll have surgery end of season.

I honestly doubt we'll play Judd this week, I think Woosha knows it's best to keep him on the sidelines for a little longer. Hopefully Cuz is returning against the Swannies. :up:

Angela Harlem said:
COBL, sounds like you had a rough weekend, mate!
:hug:

I had a great, vague but great, one.
:hmm:

...I think.

:wave:

:lol: Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. And thanks again Anna :hug: I'm over it now anyway, time to move, got the 17th bday on Wednseday so no time to be sad :dancing:

Footy Classified tonight... maybe they'll sneak in some recent football in amongst the constant he-will-he-won't bickering and who's gonna break the big story first. But I don't think so.

By the way did anyone just watch Desperate Housewives :ohmy: Yes I do watch it week in week out :reject: and the ending was pretty woah though not as big as I thought...

Whoa, I only just read that post of yours about your Saturday, COBL (Daniel, right?). Serious low. :(

Hope you have a really great week to make up for it. :up:

Thank you :hug: and yeah it's Daniel. What's your name by the way, if you dont mind??Well it's me and my younder sisters birthday tomorrow so that should make up for it. Can't wait till I'm 18 :drool: another year away though....

The Sad Punk said:
I honestly doubt we'll play Judd this week, I think Woosha knows it's best to keep him on the sidelines for a little longer. Hopefully Cuz is returning against the Swannies. :up:

I'm not just saying this because you're our enemy, but he should be permanently given the arse from playing premiership football again. I'm all for a zero tolerance policy in all leagues. He shouldn't be treated as a hero anymore. He blew that privilege.

COBL_04 said:
Thank you :hug: and yeah it's Daniel. What's your name by the way, if you dont mind??Well it's me and my younder sisters birthday tomorrow so that should make up for it. Can't wait till I'm 18 :drool: another year away though....

Is it hard you guys sharing a birthday? My 2 are born within 11 days of each other and right over Christmas, and I kinda fear they'll be cranky about that when they're older, lol. My sister and I are 5 days apart (a year and 5 days, I mean), so I'm familiar with it, but I'm still worried they will hate it!

Angela Harlem said:

I'm not just saying this because you're our enemy, but he should be permanently given the arse from playing premiership football again. I'm all for a zero tolerance policy in all leagues. He shouldn't be treated as a hero anymore. He blew that privilege.

I completey agree. Though he is a standout player, there is really no exception. Altough (just thought of this) he hasn't tested guilty yet has he? But still. You do realise that if he wasn't such a champion player he would have come a lot closer to being sacked.

I would much prefer a two strike system. If you screw up - yes you were an idiot - but it may have been a very pressured situation, other circumstances blah blah blah. You reoffend even once and I think that should be it.

Angela Harlem said:
Is it hard you guys sharing a birthday? My 2 are born within 11 days of each other and right over Christmas, and I kinda fear they'll be cranky about that when they're older, lol. My sister and I are 5 days apart (a year and 5 days, I mean), so I'm familiar with it, but I'm still worried they will hate it!

It is kinda tough on the family, as we aren't rich in any sense of the word and we have Mum's bday (June 26), mine and Amy's (July 18) and Dad's on the 31st of July all within a month or so, and then we have Christmas and my brother's bday is a few days after Christmas, so those to periods of the year we are pretty cash strapped.

But for just us it's not really hard at all. She's only 8, and when she was born she was the best birthday present evah (aaww :cute: :lol: ). But it has never minded me or Amy, in fact we love it, it makes it better in my opinion.

Good luck at any rate!

I would much rather see him get a second chance rather than be kicked out with an addiction that could be fuelled even more. Yes, he could be better at choosing friends, but as Daniel said - he still hasn't tested positively come game-time, and I think that's what matters. I would be defending any player from any club here, no matter we're talking about a legend of my club in this particular instance.

Thank you and yeah it's Daniel. What's your name by the way, if you dont mind??

Name's Bonnie. Have a top birthday! :hug:

Good on him. I was pretty happy to read about it actually. I've sorta changed my opinion on him a little bit... it'll be good to see him back.

Cats v Dogs.... I wouldn't break down and cry if we lost, put it that way.

I agree with Jen... we gotta make the competition a little less one-sided. ;)

Maybe I don't agree so much for the 'serious injuries' - a slap on the elbow to them all, that'll do good.:wink:

Anyway, go doggies!

:mad: Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

No injuries. If we lose, fine. I would rather lose than win and lose say Ablett, Mooney, Scarlett...

Oh and uh... why is Buckley not lining up this weekend? :wink:

B'boom!

Does it unfuriate anyone else when your team kicks like seven behinds in a row? I go so damn frustrated.

I'm betting Jen will be happy...

I'm really worried about Collingwood though. For instance, if we do finish on top, we have to play a home final at the MCG. And it also looks quite likely that the pies could finish fourth. So that would mean we play you guys at the MCG... :yikes:

Back
Top Bottom