The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah I see....

Well I'm a Cats fan you see. And I'm afraid the West Coast Druggos - sorry Eagles :wink: will be 6 and 1 after this week.

I hope :ohmy:

COBL_04 said:
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Let me just reiterate:

Geelong - 10.2 20.6 29.9 35.12 (222) defeated
Richmond - 1.1 2.7 5.9 9.11 (65)

15 goalkickers. That's just seven players who didn't kick a goal. Seven players kicked three or more. Four kicked four goals. It was the equal 11th highest score ever. Record third quarter score.

Get excited!

That is unreal. Unlike my tipping! I suck this year.

COBL_04 said:
Ah I see....

Well I'm a Cats fan you see. And I'm afraid the West Coast Druggos - sorry Eagles :wink: will be 6 and 1 after this week.

I hope :ohmy:

To be honest, I'm not expecting an easy fight. Though I don't quite think you'll be as blazing as you were against Richmond. ;)

I think most of the game will be pretty tight.

I also heard from a guy that used to go to school with Ben Cousins that the lad has been doing coke since year 12... if it's true, hmm.

The Sad Punk said:

To be honest, I'm not expecting an easy fight. Though I don't quite think you'll be as blazing as you were against Richmond. ;)

I think most of the game will be pretty tight.

I also heard from a guy that used to go to school with Ben Cousins that the lad has been doing coke since year 12... if it's true, hmm.

Yeah I don't see us kicking 35 goals again. Should be a close one.

Wow :ohmy: That's some different information. It really wouldn't surprise me very much. In fact I reckon that could be pretty true. Imagine if the media found out about that. It seems to be the culture down there. I've lost so much respect for him.

I also gotta say, no offense, but the reason you blokes keep winning is because you have a midfield that is head and shoulders above the rest. Your forward line leaves a fair bit to be desired I reckon, though you've got some solid backs. Milburn v Fletcher will be an interesting one.

Nah, I agree. We haven't been playing our best footy at all this year. I'm really surprised with the 6-0, I have a feeling the cats could give us a run for our money tomorrow.

Our forwardline really needs work. Wirrpanda has been a real surprise this year and I'd like to see him continue to step up. Lynch needs to work much harder in front of goal. He's a great player, but not good at what he should be.

Looks like the Tiges are headed for another thrashing...

yeeeessss!!!!!!! GO CATTERS!!!!!

Ah ha The Sad Punk!

:D Lol sorry just completey overjoyed. Cannot believe that. Terrific win fellars. Please continue over the year. Results for Rpund Seven:

Kangaroos 18.9 (117) d Essendon 13.17 (95)
Wells out for up to six weeks with a medial ligament strain, Leigh Brown booted four goals. Lucas kicked five, but the Bombers lost after a 2.9 first quarter.

Collingwood 17.17 (119) d Carlton 14.11 (95)
Big fights, here's hoping the AFL goes with all that "it's not what the fans want to see" bullshit. Carlton run out of legs after three-quarter time. Fevola gets smashed. Cloke kicks 0.4 in the first half, then redeems himself with three goals in the last.

Port Adelaide 16.19 (115) d Richmond 10.15 (75)
Richmond improve on last week, winning the second half, but still go down by 40 points. A 0.7 second quarter costs them any slim shot at victory. Lade continues his good form, winning the ruck easily.

Brisbane 9.15 (69) lt Adelaide 14.16 (100)
Adelaide knocks off the Lions with a convincing victory at the Gabba, despite it being Leigh Matthew's 200th game at the helm of the Lions. Scott Welsh played well for once.

St. Kilda 15.7 (97) d Sydney 11.5 (71)
A sensational victory by the undermanned Saints is marred by yet another injury, this time to the in-form Brendan Goddard. Swans coach Paul Roos admits his side is simply "playing badly". Gehrig kicked four, for 10 in two weeks.

Geelong 16.13 (109) d West Coast 10.10 (70)
YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahem.
Geelong, on the back of a thrashing over the Tigers, prove they are not going to capitulate to decent sides any longer, proving critics wrong with a terrific victory over the previously undefeated West Coast Eagles. The third quarter sets it up for the Cats. Mooney booted aonther four goals, with Nathan Ablett snagging three. Bartel was best on ground again. Let's back it up next week boys.

Western Bulldogs 16.16 (112) d Melbourne 16.10 (106)
It was heartbreak for the Demons who came incredibly cloese to victory. They kicked 6.1 to 4.4 in the last quarter, with a late goal from Brad Johnson giving the Dogs the win. He kicked four goals.

IN PROGRESS!: Fremantle 10.11 (71) behind Hawthorn 11.11 (77), with about twently minutes left in the final quarter.

Post 100 :rockon:

When will the AFL realise that the crowd loves melees? It's the only thing left in football (sorry, netball) from the good old days.

For shame :tsk:

The Sad Punk said:

I was just thinking about that... if it was true, wouldn't there be some pretty damn visible affects? Or mayeb he was just a recreational user, ie if it came out at a party he'd take a hit. :shrug:

Got to agree. I was talking to a mate on the bus, he also goes for Geelong, and he reckons we are by far the best team in the comp. He said we beat the Weagles, who were undefeated, and smashed Richmond. Now I'm super-passionate, but from last year I learnt not to get too confident about Geelong. West Coast were due for a loss, and had Cox and Embley out. Richmond were just inspid. It wouldn't have mattered who they'd played on the day. Personally I think both South Australian teams are doing better. The good word was Adelaide only 24 fit players to choose from and under 22 players who were 100% fit on game day, and they beat an in-form Lions at the Gabba.

The Adelaide teams are doing well this year, I'll admit - the crowbots are quite a scare with so many of their good players out and still doing so nicely. Port - well, let's just say I seriously wasn't expecting them to be doing so nicely.

Remember though, the season's still young, and though I'm impressed by the Cats, they have a history of running out of steam after good starts. ;) Though I feel your side is preserving the goods a lot better this time around. I hope we meet again in September.

Remember not to count out the Swans too, they will hit hard later on. And as I said before, I think the Eagles will only get better as the season goes.

Well here are this weekend's results:

Adelaide 14.15 (99) d Richmond 14.6 (90)
Richmond put in a terrific effort against the in-form Crows at AAMI Stadium, falling heartbreakingly short, coming close to stealing it with a five-goal-to-three last quarter. To make it worse Matthew Richardson was injured.

Essendon 18.19 (127) d Brisbane 8.15 (63)
Essendon defy more recent form and a turbulent off-field week to smash an in-form Brisbane Lions by 10 goals. Matthew Lloyd again proved his worth to the side, fuelling the "No Lloyd, no Dons" debate, while Hird had his best game of the year.

Geelong 14.10 (94) d Fremantle 10.9 (69)
CAAAAAARNA CATTTTERS!!!!
Geelong continues its good run, beating Fremantle, although the final score flattered the Dockers, who kicked half their score in the final term. The Anchors got within 20 points before Geelong resisted. Steve Johnson kicked four for the Cats with James Kelly enjoying his best game since breaking his leg.

Hawthorn 10.12 (72) d St. Kilda 6.8 (44)
Hawthorn managed to overcome St. Kilda in what was possibly one of the worst games in history. To three-quarter time only seven goals had been scored, wiht the half time score 2.6 to 2.4. Both teams have been savagely attacked by the media, with many believing there deserved to be no winner in a game which was so detrimental to the brand. And Lance 'Buddy' Franklin - two weeks ago being hailed as the next Dunstall, and even being thought of as better than Judd - has kicked 2.9 in the past two weeks.

Kangaroos 22.15 (147) d Carlton 20.10 (130)
Thankfullly, at another ground there was a magnificent display of football occuring between two sides that have struggled in recent years. 42 goals were kicked in an exciting game of footy in whihc the Roos could never quite shrug off a steely Carlton, whose win-loss record one week suggests where they're at, and another is an understatement.

Sydney 17.16 (118) d Port Adelaide 13.9 (87)
The up-and-down fortunes of all the clubs continued with a seemingly poor-form Sydney side knocking off perhaps the most in-form team in the comp in Port Adelaide. Peter Everitt played a half decent game to restore the faith shown in him by the Swans, while Michael O'Loughlin kicked four goals.

Western Bulldogs 20.15 (135) d Collingwood 14.18 (102)
Round Eight showcased the very best and the very worst football has to offer, with this game being a class example of the best. The Bulldogs reared back into form, completely running the Magpies off their legs in the second half with a pulsating 33-point win. Behinds again cost the Maggies, who have now kicked an incredible 54.78 (402) in the past four weeks, despite winning three of those.

West Coast 19.23 (137) d Melbourne 9.6 (60)
West Coast showed they had merely skipped a beat down at Geelong last week, atoning for the loss with a 77-point thrashing of the Demons. Quinten Lynch booted five goals for the winners as Wirrpanda and Judd continued their good form. The only concern for the Eagles was a report for Daniel Kerr for head-high contact. He was reported by two umpires and will almost certainly be suspended.

So what happened with Quarters?

All this stuff about a night or twilight grand final is an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE.

Reasons:
1. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
2. It's soley so Channel 10 can maximise their ratings. Fuck off. It's in the top 5 rating shows of the year anyway.
3. Tradition. 109 years.
4. Drinking. People will be smashed by 5 o'clock. The game won't mean anything. The roads will become a major hazard.
5. Tradition. It's get up. Have a coffee. Flick on the morning crap. Grand final breakfasts. Bacon and eggs. Go to a mates place. Barbeque. Beer. Game. Game over. Stand around a fire, get pissed.

AND THEY'RE GOING TO SCREW IT ALL UP FOR BLOODY RATINGS??? :censored:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[/rant]

:banghead:

EIGHT goals?! Just shithouse. God, I hope we don't keep this up. We really should have won...

COBL, I hope your Cats win tomorrow... just so we can stay on the top of the ladder. :wink:

16 behinds too....

Yeah I hope the Cats win as well :wink: :D

And sorry to say this but I hope Judd gets suspended :reject: because that will make Bartel second favourite for the Brownlow behind Chad Cornes.

I'm not a Bombers supporter, but how good was their win last night - James Hird is just inspirational. The Bombers are really gonna miss him when he retires.

As for my Crows...should've won by more yesterday, and they gave me a hell of a scare in the first and third quarters, but a win is a win I guess :)

Great round? I reckon this one was balls! Seems everyone had a hard time tipping, as well, this round. I've had the worst season ever though, so I'm not personally surprised for me :D Sydney are shocking. I'm beyond words with their form. They're playing the scrappiest football I've seen in many years.

Yes, but it's got them into two straight grand finals.

Looks as if the twlight GF talk has gone away.

You know what I find hilarious? That all of sudden the state of Victorian football is really really bad and we occupy three of the top four!

Last of all: State of Origin football. Yay or nay?

Big Yay, because AFL has been shite ever since it departed.

And it should be prioritised by players over club football, and there should be a proper mid-season carnival, and TAS, NSW and QLD should have representative teams.

Back
Top Bottom