The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not all that fussed about the bloods losing to the Eagles. In fact, I don't think I cared if we lost. All I wanted to see was the ridiculosly even rivalry between South and West Coast continue at it's nailbiting best, and it did....and I'm delighted.

Aside from that game, that round of footy was positively awful. Robertson's goal against the Saints was the only real highlight, and most of the winners won in either dull (Essendon, St Kilda, Brisbane) or ludicrously controversial (North Melbourne) fashion.

I cannot believe how close the past five or six games between the Swans and the Eagles have been... amazing! It's been about 12 points all up.

Good to see the Blues get up. Of course, they were miles behind in the third quarter, and so was the Wobbles, and they both win.

But not Geelong.

Oh no.

Please not again.

:sigh:

Stuck on dial up due to a change in house...and I"ve not been able to put in my tips.

Actually I don't really seem to care for Footy this year, 7 is doing a crappy job, at least 9 showed as a game live on Sunday arvo, that was good.

Nine pumped up Friday night football like you didn't want to miss it, Annnd apparently they have a director from overseas, WTF!

bono_man2002 said:

Nine pumped up Friday night football like you didn't want to miss it,

That was what made me cringe at 9's coverage. Pumping up dreary and irrelevant matches between two average on-field teams (usually Collingwood) is not what league football is all about. Just get on with the game. Friday Night Footy is just one match in a 176 game season. The only good thing about 9's coverage was Dermie.

I missed Bruce, glad he's back. But Dave Schwarz and Olerenshaw are shite. Bring back Sandy and Drew.

Footy will never be the same as exciting and as pure as it was pre-2000, let the AFL rot...

OH THE CATTERS!!!!!!!!! WHAT A WIN!!!!! NATH ABLETT BAGS FIVE!!!!! MOONEY BAGS FIVE!!!!!!! THE TOMAHAWK STARS!!!!! OHHHH!!!!

intedomine said:

I missed Bruce, glad he's back. But Dave Schwarz and Olerenshaw are shite. Bring back Sandy and Drew.

Footy will never be the same as exciting and as pure as it was pre-2000, let the AFL rot...

Originally posted by bono_man2002

Need to get Dipper Back too, I've listened to a little bit of 3AW's coverage....but I don't think he's on there anymore either :(

:up: :up: :up:

Agree with everything said/

:sad: Fremantle :sad:

We are a divided household and at this point I have one very happy mini West Coast Eagles fan, one reasonably happy mini Swans fan and two tragically unhappy Dockers fans. :cry:

Oh, and one who couldn't care less and won't watch a game and throws the paper in the bin in disgust at the amount of AFL reported on in this country non-fan :lmao:

Tania said:
...couldn't care less and won't watch a game and throws the paper in the bin in disgust at the amount of AFL reported on in this country...

:yes:

It is indeed ridiculous...

COBL_04 said:
I can't believe Selwood got off! I can understand Headland getting off, but how Selwood did I don't know.

It's an interesting call.

In defence of Selwood, how was he to know that the tattoo was of Headland's daughter. Maybe he did have sex with a sheila who looked similar to the one on Headland's shoulder? If so, Selwood's "sledge" was merely an act of honesty. Who knows, but I don't reckon there was any paedophlic intent there...

That said, Headland's aggressive reaction was understandable given the circumstances.

It almost seems too harsh to punish both players for the incident, while at the same too lenient to let them both escape scot free...

All still a bit disturbing nonetheless...

Wow. The Pies certainly ran out of gas in that last quarter yesterday.

From what I hear Port are really doing "unexpectedly well" ...which at this stage of the season, I'm not sure if most clubs should be expected to be in any certain form.

Cuz is a gun, one of the best midfielders in the league.

His drug problem is irrelevant to his on-field brilliance.

By all means, he should get over his drug problem, but that need not stop him from doing what he does best.

Yeah, exactly. Feel sorry for him, he just got into a bad crowd pretty early on in his career.

Anyway, as an Eagles fan, I'm really hoping he'll be able to get over it this year, just to get over the drugs would be grand, it'll be fantastic if he could actually return.

I'm pretty stoked with how we've been going as it is, though. Can't help but think that even with class acts like Judd and Embers we'd truly be the laughing stock of Australian sport if we weren't one of the top sides...

I have no idea. I don't think it's possible. This is where the doubt lies.

Although isn't it still a little vague whether or not he actually has/had an 'ice addiction' or not? I don't think it's clear that the drug he's on was even ice.

Anyway, good game today... tigers actually gave a bit of a scare.

fucking brisbane. damn shitheads. gone and fucked my tips. :angry:

at least we won. what a boring game. still. will be valuable points-wise!

The Sad Punk said:

Although isn't it still a little vague whether or not he actually has/had an 'ice addiction' or not? I don't think it's clear that the drug he's on was even ice.

Well that's the thing. Cousins himself has said very little, if anything to anyone. It was his father who admitted Ben had a "substance abuse problem". I'm not too sure if it was ice, the media just reported that he was blowing $3000 a week on his addicition. The other thing is if it was ice, there would be some pretty serious after-effects.

What I'm pissed off about is the AFL PAID for his rehab, or allowed salary cap concessions to the Weagles. What a joke. His addiction, pay for it yourself. The message that sends is "Go and get an addiction. No worries. Just admit yourself before your third strike, and we'll pay for your rehab. No worries."

He still hasn't even been tested yet!

The Sad Punk said:

Well that's the thing. Cousins himself has said very little, if anything to anyone. It was his father who admitted Ben had a "substance abuse problem". I'm not too sure if it was ice, the media just reported that he was blowing $3000 a week on his addicition. The other thing is if it was ice, there would be some pretty serious after-effects.

What I'm pissed off about is the AFL PAID for his rehab, or allowed salary cap concessions to the Weagles. What a joke. His addiction, pay for it yourself. The message that sends is "Go and get an addiction. No worries. Just admit yourself before your third strike, and we'll pay for your rehab. No worries."

He still hasn't even been tested yet!

And in other news, Geelong were 26 points down a while ago. I didn't want to listen to the end. After all we went thru last year, I thought maybe - just maybe - we might go a bit better. Obvioisuly not.

This season's boring.

Can we just have a West Coast/Sydney Grand Final 4 months early and be done with it?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Let me just reiterate:

Geelong - 10.2 20.6 29.9 35.12 (222) defeated
Richmond - 1.1 2.7 5.9 9.11 (65)

15 goalkickers. That's just seven players who didn't kick a goal. Seven players kicked three or more. Four kicked four goals. It was the equal 11th highest score ever. Record third quarter score.

Get excited!

This season's boring.

Can we just have a West Coast/Sydney Grand Final 4 months early and be done with it?

Doesn't seem any more boring than most recent seasons. There has been a lot of sloppy playing by all the teams, even the major ones, though.

I just noticed the Cats were kicking rather straight as well. Something I'm a little jealous of. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom