The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!! - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #421
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:04 AM
I'm off to the local deli to pick up the Sunday Adelaide rag. At the barbie we were at yesterday arvo, we were having bets on what today's front page headline would be. It's gonna be a real tear jerker...

(not a fan of either Adelaide team)

Old 09-29-2007, 08:22 PM   #422
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:34 AM
I do hope it's "We're A Sad Sack Of Losers Who Got Owned By A Team Who Actually Deserved To Be There".

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-30-2007, 12:01 AM   #423
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:04 AM
well danny i couldnt have believed it if i didnt see it, not only did the bastards win they cleaned up completely ... i suppse its been a long time comming, well done to the cats, as for port shame shame.... that was fucking awful to watch.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:59 AM   #424
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Damn straight. I'm a Wellingtonian, and as a Wellingtonian, I will support anybody playing Auckland. I do not support the Warriors in league and I consider their name change to "New Zealand Warriors" to be complete bullshit. I did not support the "New Zealand" Kingz/Knights in the soccer (more of that Auckland team calling itself NZ bullshit) - hooray for the Wellington Phoenix. The Super 14 rugby hierarchy is a bit more difficult, but I either 1. support whoever's playing the Auckland Blues or 2. consider myself neutral and want both teams to somehow lose at the same time.

It's called having an arch-rival, people!

Frankly, I've never understood why there isn't a full-blown interstate tournament. VIC, SA, WA, and TAS could all field sides, and I'm sure you could cobble together an "East Coast" (QLD/NSW) side too. I've never been able to take the pre-season series seriously, so I say chuck it out and bring in a quickfire interstate series.
The Wellington Pheonix seem like a great club in the making, they could become huge, and are already averaging crowds of 13,000 in their first 3 or 4 home games.

State Of Origin is coming back next year, but it's only a one off at this stage....
Old 09-30-2007, 04:55 AM   #425
45:33

Here I am.

Oh my God. So happy for them. Couldn't quite get so pumped up myself, which is really disappointing, and I got drunk Thursday night really bad, which has turned me off drinking for a while, so I didn't drink.

Sorry to disappoint everyone.

We need a happy sigh and a happy cry. Thanks for all the support, be it pro and anti .

You know what I love the most? Mark fucking Williams was talking them up all fucking week and has been putting shit all over us for about a fucking month and we came and kicked the absolute shit out of them all. We WERE SO FUCKING GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the best bit - seeing Billy at the end. Made me feel real happy. Wanted to go down to Geelong, but I couldn't cos I had work.

:happysigh:

It still hasn't hit me, but I feel really satisified. Wow. Just bloody wow.

Cop fucking that to all the doubters!!!!! Cop THAT!!!!! We're gonna choke. We're gonna fall over. We're gonna stumble. We won't handle it. Too inexperienced. Overwhelmed. Not good enough. Coming off lucky escape. Fuck yas all!!!!!!!!

Sorry for all the swearing people. But I'm just happy.

I'll be back later to address all the other issues, but believe me Victorians jumping on board was fantastic. If any Victorian side other than Collingwood (cos they'da beaten us) had made the granny I would have gone for them. Buy it. It's real. We wanted it. I saw so many passionate Hawks/Dogs/Tigers/all the rest fans barracking hard for the Cats.

Oh my God.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:38 AM   #426
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by COBL_04
Here I am.

Oh my God. So happy for them. Couldn't quite get so pumped up myself, which is really disappointing, and I got drunk Thursday night really bad, which has turned me off drinking for a while, so I didn't drink.

Sorry to disappoint everyone.

We need a happy sigh and a happy cry. Thanks for all the support, be it pro and anti .

You know what I love the most? Mark fucking Williams was talking them up all fucking week and has been putting shit all over us for about a fucking month and we came and kicked the absolute shit out of them all. We WERE SO FUCKING GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the best bit - seeing Billy at the end. Made me feel real happy. Wanted to go down to Geelong, but I couldn't cos I had work.

:happysigh:

It still hasn't hit me, but I feel really satisified. Wow. Just bloody wow.

Cop fucking that to all the doubters!!!!! Cop THAT!!!!! We're gonna choke. We're gonna fall over. We're gonna stumble. We won't handle it. Too inexperienced. Overwhelmed. Not good enough. Coming off lucky escape. Fuck yas all!!!!!!!!

Sorry for all the swearing people. But I'm just happy.

I'll be back later to address all the other issues, but believe me Victorians jumping on board was fantastic. If any Victorian side other than Collingwood (cos they'da beaten us) had made the granny I would have gone for them. Buy it. It's real. We wanted it. I saw so many passionate Hawks/Dogs/Tigers/all the rest fans barracking hard for the Cats.

Oh my God.

You guys have a lot to answer for. We swannies and eagles satisfy the neutrals by offering two absorbing hard-fought GF's to the death and that will be rememberd as a classic, and you pricks (Port and Geelong) come along and serve up what most neutrals are claiming to be one of the most boring Grand Finals in their living memory.
Old 09-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #427
Blue Crack Addict

Heh, Port only got a crowd of about 2000 at Alberton.

Had to watch the puddles down at West Lakes today.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:15 PM   #428

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

You guys have a lot to answer for. We swannies and eagles satisfy the neutrals by offering two absorbing hard-fought GF's to the death and that will be rememberd as a classic, and you pricks (Port and Geelong) come along and serve up what most neutrals are claiming to be one of the most boring Grand Finals in their living memory.
I really couldn't give a shit about the neutrals. It's about Geelong, and what it means to every Geelong supporter who has struggled for 44 years with the pain of four grand final losses with a terrific team. I don't think many people reeeeally care about the margin, it's more the fact that Geelong deserved it.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 AM   #429
Blue Crack Addict

Well, this is officially the worst year ever.

RIP Mainy... one of the first of my favourite players.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 AM   #430
Refugee

^ Yeah......wonder what happened and why.

So young
Old 10-01-2007, 08:50 AM   #431
Blue Crack Addict

I think it's more or less certain it was drugs, sadly. Sounds like he didn't kick the habits of his younger days.

But on the field he was a hard working genius, always tough, a real hero.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:43 AM   #432

I was shocked and upset when I heard that. He was training for a boxing bout days before, was well loved, on the All Australian selection committee and the NAB Rising Star thingy (but he was the only one who didn't give Selwood five votes). Apparently his marraige had broken down, maybe that was it.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:26 AM   #433
Blue Crack Addict

does west coast have a bigger drug problem than most teams or just a more public one ?

chris judd to carlton ? WTF ?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:38 AM   #434
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Mainwearing was gun, along with his West Coast Eagle midfield contemporaries Kemp, Matera and co. Best team I've ever seen.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:41 AM   #435

Yes Chris Judd is going to Carlton. What I hear is West Coast could be offered Josh Kennedy and pick three. I was all like wtf I thought he was a dead cert for Collingwood.

Tiger fans will be hoping a deal can't be sorted out, because then they get him for free in the pre-season draft.