The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good article COBL! And good luck with the job - I always had aspirations to be a journalist...but didn't get enough points to get into it at Uni :(
Anyway, alot of sports writers out there (well in adelaide at least) are pretty much SHITE - so new blood can only be a good thing :)
Good Luck, and I look forward to reading more

COBL_04 said:
Thanks everyone, I'm sending by application tomorrow, and I'll let you know if I get in!!! :hyper:

FOOTBALL is BACK this WEEKEND!!!!!!

I thought it ended? GO VICTORY! 6-NIL!

I like your article. I actually did WE with a footy journo in 2001, which was an amazing week. Got to interview coaches during the finals series and went to training and associated with all these other Journos. It's a sweet life, good luck if you can WE at the Herald Sun.....just keep trying....

FOOTBALL IS BACK TONIGHT!!!!

Go the Crows!!!!

315973an.jpg

intedomine said:

I thought it ended? GO VICTORY! 6-NIL!

I like your article. I actually did WE with a footy journo in 2001, which was an amazing week. Got to interview coaches during the finals series and went to training and associated with all these other Journos. It's a sweet life, good luck if you can WE at the Herald Sun.....just keep trying....

Wow thanks! That's great to hear! I think so far the only thing that may throw me off is it is not in my nature to get in people's faces... I mean if I saw Bomber Thompson running off to his car I would not want to chase him...

Anyway, the REAL FOOTBALL is back, and here are the results so far:

Port Adelaide 89 d Adelaide 86
Kangaroos 117 d Collingwood 66
Western Bulldogs 97 d Sydney 70
Carlton 83 d Essendon 79
St. Kilda 45 lt Brisbane 52
Geelong 139 d Richmond 96
PROGRESS SCORE: Melbourne 79 vs Hawthorn 73

Also, just for reference, if you are going to take part in this glorious thread, what teams do you all barrack for?

COBL_04 (or Daniel): Geelong

Oh and by the way, a relative of mine just told me the results of a public survey: the only job that journalism is considered to be better than is a used car salesman.

Ouch.

and you know, i was just saying 2 days ago that i am 1quite warming up to the bulldogs. since eade took over, they've gone from petty criminals to respectable players.
:grumpy:

anyway, my team, incase you have sigs turned off, is sydney. painfully, one-eyed'ly sydney. infact, if you dont all hate me for my revolting bias by the end of the season, then you're a saint!!

anna
:hyper:

have you guys joined this public tipping comp, by the way? the oztips one? of so, what's all your usernames. we can see how wonderful we all do!
:D

Well, incase you all didn't guess from previous posts, Im an Adelaide Crows fan - a VERY one eyed Crows fan!!!

Not at all happy with friday nights performance, but with half the side out injured, what did I expect:shrug:

I've joined up for the tipping comp - I'm crowgirl32

Should be fun...bring it on!!!

Well, I just joined that comp, interference, my name is Papatron. By the way, Angela Harlem, what is the password for that comp you posted on the first page?

I'm not sure the public one needs a password... :hmm: :huh: I can't recall how I originally joined it. I believe you just click through to it and log in with your own name and password.

That isn't working?

Oh, I just realised that. *How embarrasment!*

Haha, West Coast said they would not sack Daniel Kerr. I would bet eleventy million dollars that if it were a player of less quality, they would waste no time in giving him his marching orders.

So yeah... interest level in this Grand Final...

*snores*

Let's get a few more people joining the Interference comp now please! We've only got four so far.

People! This whole West Coast saga has been FREAKING HUGE! And not a word! Disappointing. :no:

West Coast are positively screwed. Eight players on drugs, including two of their best three. No wonder Judd hasn't signed a contract yet. Worsfold was superb on the Footy Show last week, by the way. :up: to his honesty and forthright answers. There aren't enough people of his ilk in footy these days, especially when you are being hounded by Garry Lyon, James Brayshaw, Sam Newman and Craig Hutchison.

I'm getting a little concerned for my beloved Crows.
The season hasn't even started and our injury list grows and grows.
Poor ROO - I don't like the thought of us having to cope for too long without Riccutio, he is just such a dominant force, both as a player and a leader.
Bring on this weekend...it can't come soon enough for me!

Don't forget to put your tips in - I've done mine :)

COBL_04 said:
People! This whole West Coast saga has been FREAKING HUGE! And not a word! Disappointing. :no:

West Coast are positively screwed. Eight players on drugs, including two of their best three. No wonder Judd hasn't signed a contract yet. Worsfold was superb on the Footy Show last week, by the way. :up: to his honesty and forthright answers. There aren't enough people of his ilk in footy these days, especially when you are being hounded by Garry Lyon, James Brayshaw, Sam Newman and Craig Hutchison.

I can't comment! Swans fan through and through.

Yours sincerely,
one-eyed anna

only one day to go, though! geez i've missed footy season. a friend rang me last night to ask if i wanted to do dinner on sat night. i hedged and said 'is lunch ok with you? i've got... plans on sat night...'

is it ok to turn friends down for a football game? :uhoh:

:lol: I believe it is.

That was a BULLSHITE round. I think I got like 1 tip right, the Colliwobbles, and they should not have even won.

We lost :scream:

I hate it when we lose. I also hate Brad Johnson. I also hate Adelaide and Freo. Both billed as top-four probables, both got beaten at home, which never happens. Freo's wasn't aaaaas bad, though they were like 30 in front at quarter time.

But Adelaide :no:

Who loses to Essendon? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom