The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm off to the local deli to pick up the Sunday Adelaide rag. At the barbie we were at yesterday arvo, we were having bets on what today's front page headline would be. It's gonna be a real tear jerker... :wink:

(not a fan of either Adelaide team)

I do hope it's "We're A Sad Sack Of Losers Who Got Owned By A Team Who Actually Deserved To Be There".

well danny i couldnt have believed it if i didnt see it, not only did the bastards win they cleaned up completely ... i suppse its been a long time comming, well done to the cats, as for port :tsk: :tsk: shame shame.... that was fucking awful to watch.

Axver said:

Damn straight. I'm a Wellingtonian, and as a Wellingtonian, I will support anybody playing Auckland. I do not support the Warriors in league and I consider their name change to "New Zealand Warriors" to be complete bullshit. I did not support the "New Zealand" Kingz/Knights in the soccer (more of that Auckland team calling itself NZ bullshit) - hooray for the Wellington Phoenix. The Super 14 rugby hierarchy is a bit more difficult, but I either 1. support whoever's playing the Auckland Blues or 2. consider myself neutral and want both teams to somehow lose at the same time.

It's called having an arch-rival, people!

Frankly, I've never understood why there isn't a full-blown interstate tournament. VIC, SA, WA, and TAS could all field sides, and I'm sure you could cobble together an "East Coast" (QLD/NSW) side too. I've never been able to take the pre-season series seriously, so I say chuck it out and bring in a quickfire interstate series.

The Wellington Pheonix seem like a great club in the making, they could become huge, and are already averaging crowds of 13,000 in their first 3 or 4 home games.

State Of Origin is coming back next year, but it's only a one off at this stage....

Here I am.

Oh my God. So happy for them. Couldn't quite get so pumped up myself, which is really disappointing, and I got drunk Thursday night really bad, which has turned me off drinking for a while, so I didn't drink.

Sorry to disappoint everyone.

:)

We need a happy sigh and a happy cry. Thanks for all the support, be it pro and anti :D.

You know what I love the most? Mark fucking Williams was talking them up all fucking week and has been putting shit all over us for about a fucking month and we came and kicked the absolute shit out of them all. We WERE SO FUCKING GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the best bit - seeing Billy at the end. Made me feel real happy. Wanted to go down to Geelong, but I couldn't cos I had work.

:happysigh:

It still hasn't hit me, but I feel really satisified. Wow. Just bloody wow.

Cop fucking that to all the doubters!!!!! Cop THAT!!!!! We're gonna choke. We're gonna fall over. We're gonna stumble. We won't handle it. Too inexperienced. Overwhelmed. Not good enough. Coming off lucky escape. Fuck yas all!!!!!!!!

Sorry for all the swearing people. But I'm just happy.

I'll be back later to address all the other issues, but believe me Victorians jumping on board was fantastic. If any Victorian side other than Collingwood (cos they'da beaten us) had made the granny I would have gone for them. Buy it. It's real. We wanted it. I saw so many passionate Hawks/Dogs/Tigers/all the rest fans barracking hard for the Cats.

Oh my God.

COBL_04 said:
Here I am.

Oh my God. So happy for them. Couldn't quite get so pumped up myself, which is really disappointing, and I got drunk Thursday night really bad, which has turned me off drinking for a while, so I didn't drink.

Sorry to disappoint everyone.

We need a happy sigh and a happy cry. Thanks for all the support, be it pro and anti :D.

You know what I love the most? Mark fucking Williams was talking them up all fucking week and has been putting shit all over us for about a fucking month and we came and kicked the absolute shit out of them all. We WERE SO FUCKING GOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the best bit - seeing Billy at the end. Made me feel real happy. Wanted to go down to Geelong, but I couldn't cos I had work.

:happysigh:

It still hasn't hit me, but I feel really satisified. Wow. Just bloody wow.

Cop fucking that to all the doubters!!!!! Cop THAT!!!!! We're gonna choke. We're gonna fall over. We're gonna stumble. We won't handle it. Too inexperienced. Overwhelmed. Not good enough. Coming off lucky escape. Fuck yas all!!!!!!!!

Sorry for all the swearing people. But I'm just happy.

I'll be back later to address all the other issues, but believe me Victorians jumping on board was fantastic. If any Victorian side other than Collingwood (cos they'da beaten us) had made the granny I would have gone for them. Buy it. It's real. We wanted it. I saw so many passionate Hawks/Dogs/Tigers/all the rest fans barracking hard for the Cats.

Oh my God.

You guys have a lot to answer for. We swannies and eagles satisfy the neutrals by offering two absorbing hard-fought GF's to the death and that will be rememberd as a classic, and you pricks (Port and Geelong) come along and serve up what most neutrals are claiming to be one of the most boring Grand Finals in their living memory.

intedomine said:

You guys have a lot to answer for. We swannies and eagles satisfy the neutrals by offering two absorbing hard-fought GF's to the death and that will be rememberd as a classic, and you pricks (Port and Geelong) come along and serve up what most neutrals are claiming to be one of the most boring Grand Finals in their living memory.

I really couldn't give a shit about the neutrals. It's about Geelong, and what it means to every Geelong supporter who has struggled for 44 years with the pain of four grand final losses with a terrific team. I don't think many people reeeeally care about the margin, it's more the fact that Geelong deserved it.

I think it's more or less certain it was drugs, sadly. Sounds like he didn't kick the habits of his younger days.

But on the field he was a hard working genius, always tough, a real hero. :sad:

I was shocked and upset when I heard that. He was training for a boxing bout days before, was well loved, on the All Australian selection committee and the NAB Rising Star thingy (but he was the only one who didn't give Selwood five votes). Apparently his marraige had broken down, maybe that was it.

Mainwearing was gun, along with his West Coast Eagle midfield contemporaries Kemp, Matera and co. Best team I've ever seen.

Yes Chris Judd is going to Carlton. What I hear is West Coast could be offered Josh Kennedy and pick three. I was all like wtf I thought he was a dead cert for Collingwood.

Tiger fans will be hoping a deal can't be sorted out, because then they get him for free in the pre-season draft.

COBL_04 said:

Tiger fans will be hoping a deal can't be sorted out, because then they get him for free in the pre-season draft.

He deserves to go to Richmond, a nice club.

What I can't believe is that Melbourne were so heavily favoured. :huh: They backed so favourably that they actually took the market down. Why would he go there? Least supporter base, worst facilities.

Well, he's not a certainty to the Blues yet. The Eagles have to see about that first.

But I've been hoping he goes to the Blues for a while, just in the off chance we get Fev, maybe.

does west coast have a bigger drug problem than most teams or just a more public one ?

More public one. Apparently Cousins tested negative in the most recent test, so it seems the worst is out of the way. Both teams here in Adelaide seem to have a similar party atmosphere.

The Sad Punk said:
Both teams here in Adelaide seem to have a similar party atmosphere. [/B]

I don't know that I can agree with you on that one, I can't actually remember ANY Adelaide based players ever testing positive for drugs (well not that has been publicised anyway.) And I think the players are only noticed out and about more because it's such a small city and their faces are so well known.

Anyway...seeing as i haven't been around here in ages, let me just say that the only way I could possibly have been happier with Saturday's result was if it had been The Crows kicking Port's ass!!! I work with a whole heap of Port supporters and it has given me an evil sense of happiness seeing them shrink into their corners after being so damn overconfident the past few weeks!!:evil:

Well, that's the thing, they haven't been publicized. I've heard a few rumours and this and that about SA players and drugs. I doubt anything bad as ice and coke, though.

Heard that Cuz is particularly shaken over Mainy's death...

Well apparently they were pretty close mates, Mainwaring helped him in his time of need and was knocked by the club for it, told he couldn't be trusted anymore. Poor bloke.

And on the Judd front - Eagles want picks 1, 3, 20 and WA boy Josh Kennedy, which is just wishful thinking. I think they'll settle for 3, 20 and Kennedy, maybe another lowly player. At the moment Carlton hold all the cards, but they better work something out by Friday next week, otherwise Judd becomes a Tiger, and the Eagles get nothing for him, a la Nick Stevens to Carlton.

Yeah I just saw that. I had a real good laugh at first, then went 'damn'. I imagine all Eagles just wanna go "what the hell man?"

I'm a bit shattered about losing Gardiner, Callan, Playfair and King. Callan was shaping up to be a decent backman, could've been a replacement for Milburn, Scarlett when they retire. Playfair, not too shattered, had potential. Gardiner I liked, a few more years and maybe. But Kingy :( :( :( I always liked him. He's only 28. Play in a premiership with your best mates, 13 days later you're shown the door. :(

well, I guess Cousins has REALLY done it this time - can't see him being forgiven AGAIN!
Surely he HAD to know that the cops were surveying his every move - how silly can you get!!

On another note - I can't believe how many players Adelaide have let go - ok Perrie probably had it coming, but Bode and Torney?? Very dissapointing I think.I also can't believe how cheaply we let Hudson and Mattner go - I reckon I'd be a better trade negotiator than whoever it was doing the job for the Crows!!:huh:

Back
Top Bottom