The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well he's officially quit West Coast. They say he'll go to Carlton, just because of Dick Pratt, who could pay him for the next 30 seasons if he wanted to. Geelong and the Bulldogs are the only clubs to have said they aren't interested apparently. I think the Hawks would be the best fit, especially with Crawford nearing the end and Hodge not being the fastest runner in the world. According to him, he wants to go to a club which has a high chance of success so.. it's all very confusing. The deal's going to be quite complex.

It's strange, had this come up last year, I would have offered half our side for him, but now, I don't see who you could trade.. and we don't have a high enough draft pick to give to him. Not that I'm upset though. Personally I don't want him all that much :shrug:

And yes I'd heard Cousins is going back.

It's going to be an interesting off season.

All-Australian team named tonight.

COBL_04 said:
i thought buckley deserved a spot. :(

Sarcasm Detected :wink:

Well I have my ticket for the Pies V Cats game on Friday. I have a 100% Winning Ratio at all preliminary finals I've been too...(ok...so it was only one)...but we need all the help we need!

Oh God, I completely forgot it's friday.

My heart and head both say the Cats should win, but there would really be a sense of happiness in seeing Geelong kicked out, even if it's the Pies doing the damage.

I'm glad the game's close, at least.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE NO HAIR LEFT!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:combust:

fuck fuck fuck fuck

can a beanpole 17 y.o. have a heart attack??

Last edited:
Well what would you except with such an ugly and uninspiring list of players. That they were preliminary finalists, let alone non-wooden spooners is a massive surprise.

Right, I'm sure everybody's not feeling so bad about tipping them bottom 8 at the start of the season.

The Eagles or Hawks should have gotten through to the prelims instead, I mean really, North were just ... pitiful.

It's exactly why I'm sick of this "shinboner spirit" bullshit. It doesn't exist. They heralded it in all the papers after they beat the Hawks. "In seven days the Kangas have turned it all around with the help of the shinboner spirit." They even put it on the front of the sport yesterday.

Shut up!

VFL has been shit ever since it was no longer the VFA and the AFL took over what was a cool league.

Shinboner Spirit is piss weak and a media-made myth, as was Archer's skill. Just a handy player he was. If Shinboner Spirit was real, how come the club is always on the brink of re-location ,merger or extinction.

Back
Top Bottom