The Official 2007 AFL Season Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
COBL_04 said:
Anyone see Buckley got a vote today? He was in the bottom four for rankings, and sure he did a few nice things but he didn't deserve a vote surely.

I wouldn't mind seeing a backwards kick become play on though. [/B]

Pro-Buckley media bias still exists.

And yeah, backwards kicks must be play on, they will bring that in eventually, and hopefully it's next year.

Great to see the Dons lose in Sheeds and Hird's farwell yesterday, carn the tiges.

intedomine said:
Umpiring was horrendous at the 'G tonight. Scum had 28 free kicks, Bloods only had 11, and even the ones that we recieved were pretty ordinary decisons.

That hands in the back rule must be scrapped. It's killed the sport.

Goodes was BOG by far tonight, played a ripper of a match.

It was bloody horrendous umpiring, I agree.

From your president jen: "It'll be tough not to shed a tear when he (Bucks) leads the troops out on Friday."

Got to be kidding.

intedomine said:

Great to see the Dons lose in Sheeds and Hird's farwell yesterday, carn the tiges.

Is your name Alex by any chance? I was just talking to my mate, and he is an avid hater of Essendon and the Pies. I was really hoping Essendon would win. It would've been right.

There's a new conspiracy theory flying around that we 'rested' Ling, Selwood and King because we wanted to lose so that West Coast wouldn't finish second. That'd be awesome.

What about these new drugs claims?

And the horse flu?

Who's watching TV tonight? City Homicide, The King, Californication...

nice theory actually danny, :hmm: they all looked as up themselves as usual at recovery tonight at eastern beach ....
( i go with my personal trainer down there on monday arvos and it so happens there are usually a few half nekkid cats wandering around in the pool or the beach :combust: )

im sure they would have rested whoever they could have .

Where'd you get the name Alex from?

These new drugs claim are frustrating. It's a bore, heard it all before. No need to hear that stuff. Focus on the upcoming finals series.

Horse flu is glorious. It's a shame that horses have to go through an illness, but at least it could potentially put to halt the yearly carnival of animal exploitation and wacko capitalism. The only worthwhile thing about the Carnival is getting hammered at the races and potentially getting laid. 80% of the folk at the attendance don't give a rats about the "sport." Just there for the social event.

And I am supporting against my own side next week. Go Hawks! We've missed the four so our dreams of a premiership are blown (thank you, collingwood-bias umpires!). Doesn't matter if we finish 7th or 8th; doesn't matter who we play in the finals. As long as Hawks make the 4 at Collngscum and North miss out, I'm happy.

pie basher :giggle: i still rate the roos as an outside chance for the flag...

races- dont care about the horses but do enjoy the day off ! and the eventual brawl at the geelong cup is hillarious as well as the pissed slappers getting around with their high heels in their hands at 11 am .. :lol:

Alex was my mate.

I rate the Roos as well.

And I agree no one cares about the horses as well. Imagine how crap the industry would be if there was no betting!

The send off they gave them was amazing. Props to your fans.

Here's the finals:

Friday Arvo
Port v West Coast, AAMI

Saturday Arvo
Hawthorn v Adelaide, Telstra Dome

Saturday Night
Collingwood v Sydney, MCG

Sunday Arvo
Geelong v Kangaroos, MCG

It's ridiculous we're playing at the G. Hawks home ground is the G, therefore theyshould be playing there. Our second home is the Dome. WTF AFL. At least it's on a Sunday.

And Melbourne is up by 40-odd.

Fucking Swans. The one match I want them to lose, they go and win by 12-odd goals. Wanted Hawks to make the four, cause they are a cooler club than North. And it doesn't matter who we play in finals, cause we could beat anybody and we could lose to anybody.

At least Crows won. It meant that Collingscum missed out on the four and that Scum Kilda missed the eight.

If Bloods knock out Collingscum next week, it will be a sweet result.

mysterious_jen said:
roos / cats game should be a good one too... grand final preview anyone ?

:yes: I reckon they're gonna surprise everyone. I mean they won 14 games, without a key forward, and they were favourites for just five of the 22 rounds!

How are you feeling about the Pies/Swans game this weekend jen? Will you be getting down? Our jumping on the bandwagon of your home town? :wink:

geelong bandwagon my arse i would rather be run over by it than barrack for them.

i think the swans will get up over the pies unfortunately, ive given up on them already :sigh:

:lmao:

So you'll never turn? :flirt:

Never give up on the Pies. They've always got the mighty Buckley. Just brings a tear to my eye whenever his name is mentioned. Champion, hero, they all fit the bill.

get me a fookin bucket

Buckley was better than Hird, and both were ten times better than "shinboner" Archer.

The retiring Ricciuto and "R Harvey 3 votes" are both in another league to the aforementioned 3.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Can't agree with any of that I'm afraid. Hird was a far better player than Buckley (soz jen :D). Ahead in every way.

Archer was behind both, yes, but he has been an outstanding player with a terrific physical prescence. And yes the shinboner thing is overplayed, but he is.

Ricciuto and Harvey, magnificent as well, but Hird is the benchmark.

Now for my story!! :D

So today we were meant to go to this conference about nanotechnology. The first speaker was really good, and spoke on topic. However the next four or so speakers just banged on about their schools and all this other crap that was not related. So we got up and left and went to Crown for lunch. On a school excursion!! So we chilled at southbank for like two hours. Towards the end me, Wade, Tom, Luke n BOXY decided to go get ice creams at maccas in crown. As we're walking there Luke goes "that's Kevin Skeedy!" I'm like "shut up idiot." It is SHEEDS! He says "how ya goin boys?" We were like "g..g..g..good" and kept walking. Then we said, "nah, we have to go and get a photo! So we start running towards him! "Mr Sheedy, Mr Sheedy! Can we get a photo?" Wade asks. Sheedy says "I thought you boys would never ask!!" And we got photos. He was an awesome bloke. Made jokes. Crushed my hand. But then I started kicking myself cos in the heat of the moment I asked an aboslutey stupid question. I said "so do you hate the media or what?" and my brain is going "what the hell you idiot! who asks that?" but he said "don't worry about that. this is media." I was so bloody embarrarsed. I'll post pics when I get the photo. As he walked off he said "my next job might be a warden in a prison!" :lmao: We were on cloud NINE for like an hour. Best day ever.

:D

ZOMG :ohmy: sheeds ! that is so cool he had photos with you and crushed your little girly hand :giggle:

i once saw him in a bar having drinks but didnt dare go up to him , he is one awe inspiring dude .

Top stuff....

I participated in a media pack interview with him. He's a top fellow, never seemed stressed about the pressures of coaching...

Hope he goes to Richmond some day.

Back
Top Bottom