The Official 2006 NBA Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
tom brady also killed kennedy
Yeah but in this case its a good thing, Tom is too young to have killed JFK or RFK, but he took out that weird former MTV V-Jay Kennedy and made the world a better place.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Why hasn't Avery Johnson played Marquis Daniels at all recently?

Marquis Daniels is a garbage man. He got in during garbage minutes at the end of game 4.

I don't know. Van Horn looks like a bumbling idiot out there, so starting Quisy at center makes almost as much sense. Q has been pretty streaky during these playoffs, but a lot of folks speculate he's not one of "Avery's guys." That's a load of shit though. Q's minutes were up this year over any previous season.

He really hasn't been the same player since he came back from that neck injury in the middle of the season.

Arrgh. Rip costs the Pistons 4 points by arguing with an official (fast-break bucket + 1 by Wade, plus a technical).

I don't think Flip Saunders is the reason Detroit has been sucking in this series...but for crying out loud, can't he figure out some way to counter the trap off the pick and roll?

i don't wanna sound like u2@nyc... but i will say this.

whenever a big nba series looks to be a blow out, all of a sudden the losing team gets every single fucking call.

hey... the heat played like shit, the pistons had home court, and ever single call went the pistons way... and with 3 minutes to go, it was still anyone's game.

all i'm saying. it's going 6 games now, david stern is happy, and i have zero doubt in my mind that miami will wrap it all up at home.

whenever a big nba series looks to be a blow out, all of a sudden the losing team gets every single fucking call.

Finally you are making some sense.

You always knew I was da man.

:wink:

hey... the heat played like shit, the pistons had home court, and ever single call went the pistons way... and with 3 minutes to go, it was still anyone's game.

all i'm saying. it's going 6 games now, david stern is happy, and i have zero doubt in my mind that miami will wrap it all up at home.

25 fouls called against Miami, 19 called against Detroit. Detroit played way more aggressively this game than in any other game this series.

Detroit hit 23-26 foul shots. Miami hit 6-20. We don't need an officials' conspiracy to explain why Miami lost last night...

Last edited:

don't mind me... it was wing night :wink:

Mavs better win tonight....I really don't want them in a situation where they HAVE to win Game 6 in Phoenix or be done for the season.

namkcuR said:
Mavs better win tonight....I really don't want them in a situation where they HAVE to win Game 6 in Phoenix or be done for the season.

Me neither, they will win tonight.

Mavs win Game 5, taking the series lead 3-2.

The pressure is now all on the Suns for Game 6 in Phoenix. Mavs should try their damndest to close it out there, but if not, I really doubt Phoenix will win a Game 7 in Dallas.

My dream Dallas-Miami final is so close I can smell it.

BEAT THE PISTONS TOMORROW!!

BEAT THE SUNS ON SATURDAY!!

I've been to a ton of Mavs games in my day, including one playoff game. This was tied for the craziest I've ever seen the AAC get (the other being a game against the Cavs earlier this year where the Mavs erased a 17 point halftime deficit in the third quarter).

I also bought myself an Mbenga jersey-shirt. What can I say? I love the guy. Unfortunately, he served the first of his six game suspension tonight. :sigh:

I love Marv Albert yelling "DeSagna Diop!"

whoa, and was Dirky McDirkDirk on fire tonight. :combust:

he's making the state of Texas proud.

walkertitle3gc.jpg

inmyplace13 said:
I've been to a ton of Mavs games in my day, including one playoff game. This was tied for the craziest I've ever seen the AAC get (the other being a game against the Cavs earlier this year where the Mavs erased a 17 point halftime deficit in the third quarter).

I also bought myself an Mbenga jersey-shirt. What can I say? I love the guy. Unfortunately, he served the first of his six game suspension tonight. :sigh:

I'm routing for the Mavs to win the title, but they're not 'my team'(that would be the Bulls) - I say this so the first part of the next sentence doesn't sound like I'm against the Mavs...

Be thankful you have Dirk on your team - he's once-or-twice-in-a-generation calibre.

That said, next time you go to a Mavs game, and if by chance you can get the ear of Cuban, tell him that the Bulls are willing to trade the firstborn child of each of its players(that's 12 firstborn children) in exchange for Dirk. :wink:

namkcuR said:

This might actually be the worst program in the history of serial television.

you're probably right, but it's the best thing in the world to watch Chuck Norris fight someone.

Or the old guy :rockon:

aw man, I want to know how many calls Dallas got in their favor.

I guess I'll have to wait til morning. :(

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

We'll set the over/under at 15 1/2.

:lol: at the firstborn trade proposal. I've only met Cuban once and I didn't even talk hoops to him, we talked about HDTV. :nerd:

Well, hell. This is a U2 forum, so I might as well provide a partial screencap of ESPN.com's current front page...

dirkachtung2cz.jpg

LemonMacPhisto said:

For some reason, I sense some irony in this post.

In any event, my hats off to Nowitzki. Impressive game.

This also confirms that the US dominance in basketball, as shown in previous years, is in jeopardy.

Miami defeats Detroit, winning the Eastern Conference Championship 4-3, and advancing to the NBA Finals for the first time in franchise history.

They await the winners of the Dallas/Phoenix series.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

BEAT THE SUNS TOMORROW!!!!!

And Headache - eat your heart out man. You've been waiting for this for essentially two years. :wink:

Hey....Headache was right.

What I am talking about?

Earlier this season, Headache made comments about how Detroit would be stupid to give Big Ben another big contract, because it would handicap Detroit and lock them into medicority, because they would have no more flexibility to fix an aging team.

Ben just said 'no comment' when asked about his future.

It's looking more and more like he's done with Detroit, and that Detroit won't sign him again.

As much as I pulled for them, being my favorite team and all, part of me is glad the Pistons lost. I got sick of their fat-cat mentality months ago, and it's fitting that they paid for it in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom