The Official 2006 NBA Playoffs Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
namkcuR said:

Wait a minute...

You take every chance you can to point out how overrated and over-praised the Pistons are, how pathetic and disgusting they are....yet with the statement 'well the cavs completely blew their only chance to win this series', you sound like you think the Pistons are a powerhouse that can't be defeated at home.

Which one is it?

i've also stated a million times that the eastern conference is terrible...

i don't think the pistons are a powerhouse... i think the cavs, except of course for lebron, blow.

Detroit wins. Cleveland deserved to win this series.

Detroit vs Miami ECF. Last year I routed for Detroit. Now I'm bored of them...but Miami beat my Bulls...but I'm pulling for the Heat vs Mavs/Clippers final, so go Heat.

And GO MAVS AND CLIPPERS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

namkcuR said:
Detroit wins. Cleveland deserved to win this series.

Uh...how do you figure?

Detroit wasn't so hot for the last 5 games, but Cleveland played like crap, especially late in the games, in the two chances they had to clinch the series.

GO Phoenix. I can't get enought of the suns. I just hope Nash is well rested and ready to go for tommorow.

I really hope Dallas wins in San Antonio tomorrow, I'm so sick of the Ginobili flopping his way into the hearts of millions.

i hate the "they deserved to win" line... it's very rarely true.

cleveland had their chance to win the series and they blew it. detroit gave them the series on a silver platter at the end of game 6, and cleveland pissed it all away.

by the look of the final score, i'm very glad that i was in the parking lot at shea and not able to watch this game.

79-61... the nba... faaaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

if detroit wins the title again this year i may shoot myself.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i hate the "they deserved to win" line... it's very rarely true.

cleveland had their chance to win the series and they blew it. detroit gave them the series on a silver platter at the end of game 6, and cleveland pissed it all away.

by the look of the final score, i'm very glad that i was in the parking lot at shea and not able to watch this game.

79-61... the nba... faaaaaaaaaaaaantastic.

if detroit wins the title again this year i may shoot myself.

But then who would lead the crusade against Little Jimmy?

LemonMacPhisto said:
I really hope Dallas wins in San Antonio tomorrow, I'm so sick of the Ginobili flopping his way into the hearts of millions.

Just wait until Argentina wins the basketball World championships this year... :wink:

Go Spurs!

Just checked into the Mavs-Spurs game after Keith Foulke successfully saved an 8-run lead against the Yankees.

Dallas has approximately a 273-5 edge in free throws, and Dick Bavetta is officiating...can you imagine Mark Cuban's reaction if Dallas blows this game? I'm sure his blog will have somethign fascinating.

Congrats to the Mavs.

Make sure you write your check to the order of Dick Bavetta.

And make sure you have enough money to keep on buying your way into the Finals. More cash will be needed.

What a joke.

Go whomever is playing the Mavs!

U2@NYC said:
Congrats to the Mavs.

And make sure you have enough money to keep on buying your way into the Finals. More cash will be needed.

What a joke.

You are an incredibly sore loser. You've been whining and bitching all series long as if the Spurs are somehow owed the championship and anyone who stands in their way is doing so via illegitimate means because nobody could ever legitimately beat the Spurs.

You remind of all those 99-04 Lakers fans that I considered to be the most infuriating in the history of sports.

Hey - I'm a Laker fan! :madspit: :wink:

Mavs vs. Suns

I haven't seen the Mavs play, but I've seen the Suns beat my Lakers and beat the Clippers tonite... are they unstoppable with their MVP? :hmm:

U2@NYC said:
Congrats to the Mavs.

What a joke.

There were some iffy calls against the Spurs late in the game, but with the way Bruce Bowen was fondling and molesting Dirk all game, and the fouls that the Dallas bigs were piling up...I'd say things evened out.

Dick Bavetta still sucks though.

I just had a look at Dirk's final line: 50 min, 37 pts, 11-20 FG, 15 reb, 0 turns. That is amazing.

Last edited:
U2@NYC said:
Congrats to the Mavs.

What a joke.

Suck my balls. The Mavs outplayed the Spurs.

As much as I love Nash (hence the 13 in my name), I sincerely hope the Mavs beat the living shit out of the Suns.

U2@NYC said:
Congrats to the Mavs.

What a joke.

Give it a rest.
3 Mavericks were fouled out. 32 fouls called on Dallas to 25 called on San Antonio. Manu Ginobli flops like a fish whenever anyone gets in the same zip code as him.
The Spurs were beaten by a better, more balanced team.
Deal with it.

namkcuR said:

You are an incredibly sore loser. You've been whining and bitching all series long as if the Spurs are somehow owed the championship and anyone who stands in their way is doing so via illegitimate means because nobody could ever legitimately beat the Spurs.

You remind of all those 99-04 Lakers fans that I considered to be the most infuriating in the history of sports.

Shut up, dude.

Of course I do not like to lose... and even worse, I do not like to lose with the help of 3 additional "players" inside the field.

I never said the Mavs did not deserve the win. So shut up and read. What I said was that they got a lot of "help".

Now go back to bed,

inmyplace13 said:

Suck my balls.

Yes, and you are very mature.

All you need to make sure is that Bavetta officiates most of your games.

I am sure that Cuban's checkbook will take care of that.

U2@NYC said:

Shut up, dude.

Of course I do not like to lose... and even worse, I do not like to lose with the help of 3 additional "players" inside the field.

I never said the Mavs did not deserve the win. So shut up and read. What I said was that they got a lot of "help".

Now go back to bed,

The Spurs lost a SEVEN game series. Plenty of time to overcome bad calls and assert themselves as the better team. I don't like losing either and being upset is completely fine but stop acting like this was a screw job on the same level as the 1972 Gold Medal Game.

lets go colts...

please, the refs did not 'cause the mavericks to win this series in anyway. what advantage do the mavericks have over the spurs anyway that would make you believe that the David Stern, whom has such a great relationship with Mark Cuban, would tell his officials to give an edge to the Mavs?

heck, the mavs were even whistled for more fouls. if the spurs had pulled it out, i'm sure we'd here maverick fans and, uh, owners complaining about how the refs jobbed them... and that would be bullshit, too. the reason why the mavs had more fouls against them is because the spurs attack the rim, and dallas took more jumpshots. plain and simple, end of story. if you attack the rim you draw more fouls. if you shoot a lot of jumpers, you draw less. period.

and even if for some unknown reason you really believe that cuban payed off the refs (and even made them suspend their #2 scorer for game 6 just to not look suspicious), the spurs still had the ball with a chance to win the series at the end of regulation. they missed.

now back to reality... that really was a great, great series, capped off by an epic game 7 in which the two hall of fame players on the court were both at the top of their games. just think about that for a second...

Tim Duncan - 12 of 24 for 41 points, 15 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks
Dirk Nowitzki, 11 of 20 for 37 points, 15 rebounds, 3 assists, 15 of 16 from the line

that was an all time performance... an espn instant classic, so to speak... that we witnessed last night.

THAT was great basketball... and certainly made up for the eye-sore detroit/cleveland game 7, which even watching the highlights of made you want to pull a oedipus and stab yourself in the eyeballs.

The Mavs-Spurs series was one of the best set of basketball games I have seen in a long time.

Hell, the entire playoffs have been really enjoying to watch.

The Mamba sinking in Game 7 of the Suns/Lakers series
Mavs-Spurs.
Suns-Clippers
Nets-Heat
LeBron vs. Arenas
The Nuggets and Grizzlies being completely dismantled in the course of 4-7 games.
SmallBall
and the prospect of a Heat-Mavs or Heat-Suns finals

oh, and no more Ginobili flops this season :drool:

the NBA, it's FAAAAAAAAAAAAN-TASTIC.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
lets go colts...

please, the refs did not 'cause the mavericks to win this series in anyway. what advantage do the mavericks have over the spurs anyway that would make you believe that the David Stern, whom has such a great relationship with Mark Cuban, would tell his officials to give an edge to the Mavs?

heck, the mavs were even whistled for more fouls. if the spurs had pulled it out, i'm sure we'd here maverick fans and, uh, owners complaining about how the refs jobbed them... and that would be bullshit, too. the reason why the mavs had more fouls against them is because the spurs attack the rim, and dallas took more jumpshots. plain and simple, end of story. if you attack the rim you draw more fouls. if you shoot a lot of jumpers, you draw less. period.

and even if for some unknown reason you really believe that cuban payed off the refs (and even made them suspend their #2 scorer for game 6 just to not look suspicious), the spurs still had the ball with a chance to win the series at the end of regulation. they missed.

now back to reality... that really was a great, great series, capped off by an epic game 7 in which the two hall of fame players on the court were both at the top of their games. just think about that for a second...

Tim Duncan - 12 of 24 for 41 points, 15 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks
Dirk Nowitzki, 11 of 20 for 37 points, 15 rebounds, 3 assists, 15 of 16 from the line

that was an all time performance... an espn instant classic, so to speak... that we witnessed last night.

THAT was great basketball... and certainly made up for the eye-sore detroit/cleveland game 7, which even watching the highlights of made you want to pull a oedipus and stab yourself in the eyeballs.

I love how every one of Headaches basketball related posts involves eye gouging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom