The Official 2006 NBA Playoffs Thread - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2006, 04:26 AM   #331
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Throughout the 90's it sucked, especially when all your friends were rooting for MJ and the Bulls (as I'm sure you were, Ruck, but at least they're your actual local team).
Kudos on your loyalty. Bandwagoners suck

The Bulls are in Chicago...I live in Dayton, OH...that's not exactly local, is it?

But yeah, I've stuck with them for as long as I've known what the NBA was. It was easy during the 90s, but I was still had the red/black blood in my veins after everybody left in 98/99 and we suddenly were a lotto team. I was through throught dark - and I mean pitch black dark - days of the early 00s.

I mean, as a general rule, when your starting PG is Kahid El-Amin, you suck ass.

I stuck by the team even when Krause traded Elton Brand away for a cup of urine(also known as Tyson Chandler). That was the worst trade in franchise history and I still feel ill every time I see Brand putting up 30/10 on a consistant basis.

I stuck by the team even when Eddy 'I'm 7 feet tall but I can't grab a damn rebound to save my life' Curry failed, year after year, to realize his potential. Potential is a bad word in this league.

But we're finally back on track now, with Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni, Deng, a ton of cap space, and the Knicks' draft pick. I really hope we improve our frontcourt this offseason(seeing as Chandler/Sweetney/Malik Allen isn't going to cut it ever), and I really hope we get out of the first round next year.

Old 06-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #332
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR

Kudos on your loyalty. Bandwagoners suck

Which is a big reason I got into it with U2NYC.

Alright, well they're not local then, I don't know why I figured they were. But you seem to be a good fan, not just one who hopped aboard for the MJ Dynasty. Obviously, with the Bulls lack of success in past seasons, you know how being a 90's Mavericks fan was to a degree (because I don't think the Bulls ever went 11-71 )

And the future certainly does look bright for the Bulls. I absolutely love watching Hinrich play, and with guys like Gordon and Deng they could become a force in the next few years if the right moves are made. It reminds me of the Mavericks turnaround, and I can see the Bulls organization returning to the spotlight as soon as next season.

But then again, playing in the piss poor Eastern Conference won't hurt them.

Old 06-11-2006, 09:07 PM   #333
Blue Crack Distributor

seeing an nba finals game in texas with pat riley coaching and rolando blackman sitting on the bench, never to enter the game, gives me nightmares...
Old 06-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #334
Blue Crack Distributor

ok... unless kenny smith is playing, then there is no "jet" on no "runway"
Old 06-11-2006, 09:21 PM   #335
Blue Crack Distributor

dwyane wade needs to get the idea that he's the focal point of the heat offense out of his head... quick... or the heat are going to lose this series, probably badly.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #336
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
this has the makings of either a 4 game sweep or a 7 game thriller
looks like i got one of them right...

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
so i guess i have to go with miami in 6... with dirk being the X factor. he's finally shown that the's capable of putting a team on his back and carrying them to great things, and they'll need him to do that if dallas is to beat miami.
silly me... how could i forget that the eastern conference is awful.

dwyane wade... michael jordan-esque, let me tell ya
Old 06-12-2006, 10:27 AM   #337
Refugee

Local Time: 11:53 AM
Miami will bounce back. This is a 6 or 7 game series.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #338
Blue Crack Distributor

after games 1 and 2 this looks like a 4 game series

esp. if dwyane wade keeps being forced to settle for outside jumpers
Old 06-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #339
Blue Crack Addict

I think the crux of Miami's problem is easily explained thusly:

2 for 5 FG
1 for 7 FT

Game 3 they have to pound the ball into the Love Shaq, and he has to take advantage.
Plus he has to get on the phone with Ben Wallace to see if he can improve to Ben's 22.4% free throw accuracy, cause 2 for 16 (12.5%) isn't cutting it.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:59 PM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

Miami really looks pathetic thus far.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #341
Refugee

Local Time: 04:53 AM
How can a professional basketball player go 2-16 from the FT line? And actually it is 2-18 if you count the lane violation do-overs.

2-18???

Most people can go better than 2-18 with their eyes closed.
That is just baffling.

There is no way this will be a sweep. Too much money to be made on an extended series. Look for ref calls going Miami's way to try and even this baby out, and Dallas will take a 'day off'.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #342
Blue Crack Distributor

half a second.

that's it.

that's been the difference in this series. one simple half second.

avery johnson's defensive scheme is being executed to perfection. normaly when doubling down on the block, the player leaves as the post player is catching the ball. dallas has sped it up. they're anticipating the pass, to the point where the weak side diagonal defender, which more often than not ends up being 7 foot tall dirk nowitzki, is already cheating on the doubleteam beofre the ball even leaves the passers hands. by the time shaqs fingers touch the ball, before he's even brought it in, the double team is already upon him... he can't do anything with it at this point. he has two 7 footers hanging on him. even shaq in his prime would have trouble with this type of defense... but he never really had to face it in the past when zones were illegal. it would take too long for the double team to get there, and by the time it did, shaq would already be in his move, and baisicly would be unstoppable.

now shaq is doing the right thing... he's hitting his marks out of the double team, but guys aren't knocking down their open shots... on top of that the offense tends to stagnate when the ball enters the post. miami needs to get some basket cuts and some screen away action going to counter this zone action. i'm sure someone will be on pat riley's ear, if he doesn't already know it already. you would think that a coach of the esteem of pat riley would know how to beat zones, but ya never know... he's never really had to coach against a zone defense before (he retired the first time right as the zone was first being introduced to the nba) and hasn't played against the zone since his days at kentucky back in the mid 60's. so needless to say he might be a bit rusty. i dunno. just a thought.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:24 AM   #343
ONE
love, blood, life

Well, the watching party was great and the atmosphere was almost on par with an actual game.

The team's fourth quarter performance, however, was not.

Very disappointed imp13 tonight.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:32 AM   #344
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:53 AM
I thought they were gonna pull it out in the end. Nowitzki missing that second free throw, and then him inbounding... Should he have thrown that pass higher? Should he have been under the basket to receive the pass? Oh well... Game4 - bring it on!

yes, I'm rooting for the west... Dallas...

On the sports radio channel here in L.A., they were making predictions about Tuesday nights game. All pretty much picked game 3 going to Miami, but winning by 6-10+ points. One guy predicted tie and going into OT. Vic the Brick thinks Miami will win all 3 of their games. They had a face off with him & the callers. 15 callers call in to vote for Vic (for Miami sweeping these 3 home games) or the caller in, taking the opposite side. Vic lost, 13-2. No way is Miami gonna take all 3. They'll be lucky to get one more at home. Just my opinion...
Old 06-14-2006, 03:39 AM   #345
ONE
love, blood, life

Well, now I have to root against the Mavs for one of these games for a selfish reason. If they win Thursday and then finish the Heat off on Sunday, I'll be sitting in a hotel room in Austin watching the clinching game since I've got orientation early Monday morning.

So I'm sort of hoping the Mavericks take one of the next two and come back home to their amazing fans (read: me) to clinch. Selfish, I know, but I really want to be in Dallas or at least home in north Texas if and when it goes down.