The official 2005 World Series thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

speedracer

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Homer: Please please please, I want to make the team. Clemens. did I make the team?
Roger: You sure did!
Homer: I did! Woo-hoo! Woo-hoo! In your face, Strawberry!
Roger: Wait a minute, are you Ken Griffey Jr.?
Homer: No.
Roger: Sorry. Didn't mean to get your hopes up.

That was one helluva bigass flag!!!

Clemens and Oswalt will determine this series, if they rock, Houston can win otherwise it looks good for Chicago.

One thing going for both teams, moreso Houston is the emotional motivation to win a World Series for their veterans like Biggio and Bagwell. White Sox has Frank Thomas too but I think the Killer B's are more connected to the Astros. This can push players to reach new heights in their performances. It worked for the Jays in 92' and 93' with Winfield and Molitor.

Last edited:
Hooray for a national anthem singer who doesn't suck (Josh Groban).

I kind of wondered about putting Jeff Bagwell in over Chris Burke -- this surely was done for sentimental reasons.

But Bagwell got hit with a pitch, so he's done something positive, I guess.

With Cantrera and Clemens pitching, the score is 3-3, top of the third. Whoda thunk it?

Great game so far! Clemens is hurting too.

Clemens is out. (As Fox left the top of the 3rd inning, a reliever was jogging out from the bullpen).

speedracer said:
Clemens is out. (As Fox left the top of the 3rd inning, a reliever was jogging out from the bullpen).

Good eye!

Anybody else think Chris Burke should have pinch-hit for Bagwell instead of pinch-running for Lance Berkman?

Bagwell was completely overmatched by Bobby Jenks; Chris Burke would have been slightly less overmatched.

And pulling out your best hitter for a pinch runner when down 1 run is pretty dumb -- if you tie the game, you're going to need him later on.

Top of the 8th for Houston was an embarrassment and could have set the tone for the series. You get first and third with none out and then have the side strike out. You don't deserve to win the World Series when you play like that. Give credit to the White Sox bullpen too but pretty sad performance for the bats.

So many haters here. :D
The weather is shit here today. Freeeezing. I was listening to the radio this morning and they said Oswalts' _______________ was bothering him. I wasn't thinking clearly at the time. Anyone know what's/has been bothering oswalt?

I can't believe Biggio dropped that ball. Someone's team doesn't want to win the World Series.:wink:

GO CHISOX

It seems like every single person at my school is from Houston. Being from the Dallas area, I'm a Rangers fan and let's just say we don't have as good of fortune as the Stros fans. That being said, I hate the city of Houston and their annoying fans (especially Rockets fans). I'm with Chicago all the way

Finally Houston gets a hit with runners in scoring postion. I thought they forgot how to do it.

trevster2k said:
Finally Houston gets a hit with runners in scoring postion. I thought they forgot how to do it.

Well if Crede gets that ball, Berkman doesn't get up. That's the 3B's ball all the way.

Chicago has the all the breaks going their way in the post season, not that they need it but they sure do take advantage of them. Blammo Grand Slam!!!

inmyplace13 said:
GO CHISOX

It seems like every single person at my school is from Houston. Being from the Dallas area, I'm a Rangers fan and let's just say we don't have as good of fortune as the Stros fans. That being said, I hate the city of Houston and their annoying fans (especially Rockets fans). I'm with Chicago all the way

you are my new best friend. :D

Not to say that Jermaine Dye wouldn't have gotten on base, and Phil Garner erred anyway by not having Brad Lidge in the game by then...but that was pretty clearly a bogus HBP (it hit the bat and was a foul ball). Why didn't the home plate ump check with the first base ump, who probably would have seen the play clearly?

Last edited:
I agree with Garner's managing so far, pretty weak, if they lose the series one could argue it was poor management as much as poor execution.

What a great slide by Burke!

What a great call by Garner to bring in the lefty batter!! Finally! :rolleyes:

I really could care less who wins! I just want to see a tight exciting dramatic 7 game series.

This game has been great tonight! I just want to see some extra innings too.

Wow.

Shows what I know -- I thought Garner should have brought in Lamb for Everett.

Back
Top Bottom