The official 2005 World Series thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wouldn't it be funny/ironic (like raaaaiiiiin on your wedding day, a free riiiiiide when you've already paid) if we found out the Astros bullpen brethren all placed huge wagers on the Chisox and then cleverly threw the series.

Congrats to the White Sox and their fans, its been a long drought, enjoy the fruits of victory.

WildHoneyAlways said:

I'd like to know what part of sweeping boston, pitching 4 complete games to beat the angels and going up 3 games to none on the astros doesn't look dominant. :confused:

It amazes me that no one here wants to give the White Sox any credit.

They're like the 2002-2005 Patriots to me, not the 1996 Bulls. You know what I'm talking about.

And yet it's okay to root for teams like the yankees who have players who have used banned substances.....:hmm:

:rolleyes:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Since when did anyone ever say it was okay to root for the Yankees???

Last edited:
WildHoneyAlways said:

Does any other stat count in the end?

Anyway, it's cool. Be haters. :wink: It won't bother me if/when they win.

congrats to the city of CHITOWN, one of my favorite cities.
sweep the sox, pitch the Angels to the side, now they're about to homer their way past the Astros.
to quote the BOSS; its been a long time coming....

Time for a parade...........

No matter how many times the White Sox win, people will still hate them like crazy and say that they ruined baseball.

Hey...actually, that's pretty awesome.

I have never been so

It's just so incredible that a team I have been following and rooting for all my life has won something:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I will never forget this:wink:

It's too bad the series didn't last longer -- each game was close (4 wins by 6 runs total), and it would have been interesting to see what would have happened. ((Does Clemens pitch Game 5, or does Andy Pettitte have to go on short rest?)

Congratulations to Chicago; there can be no doubt that they were the best team this year. They won with the long ball, small ball, pitching and defense.

Although, I'm NOT a baseball fan ...
I congratulate the Chicago White Sox for a World Series Victory that they definitely deserved ...
as they played amazingly well enough to "sweep" the Houston Astros from winning even 1 game.

Does anyone else think that Brad Lidge may never be the same pitcher after this post-season? He had a real rough go of things after game 5 against the Cards and bad postseasons have derailed a lot of pitchers' careers - See Donnie Moore, Byung-Hyun Kim, Rick Ankiel.

Don't forget Calvin Schiraldi.

Lidge may well be damaged goods, we'll have to wait and see...he didn't pitch terribly last night, but in his role on a team ,you have no room for error.
Lets not forget that before Pujols nailed him in game 5, he had been shaky in closing out games 3 and 4 as well, so he was definitely less effective in the post season than the regular season. Is it the pressure, or just an ill timed slump...time will tell.

I still think the White Sox would have won in the end, but it would have been a more interesting series if the umps had been a little less...uh, biased.

Re: Clemens - he'll start if he wants to. He's not as good as he was when he was younger, but he's still one of the best pitchers in baseball. 13-8 and a sub-2.00 ERA can't be discounted.

kirst said:
I still think the White Sox would have won in the end, but it would have been a more interesting series if the umps had been a little less...uh, biased.

Re: Clemens - he'll start if he wants to. He's not as good as he was when he was younger, but he's still one of the best pitchers in baseball. 13-8 and a sub-2.00 ERA can't be discounted.

:eyebrow:

uhh... what exactly will clemens be starting, considering how the world series is over and all...

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:eyebrow:

uhh... what exactly will clemens be starting, considering how the world series is over and all...

Oh, sorry. I was referring to the person who said he/she can't see Clemens starting next season. I thought I quoted them, but I guess not.

war, terrorism, an abdundence of natural disasters... and now the red sox and white sox winnign the world series in back to back seasons...

is anyone else concearned?

This dude on a big white horse rode by me at lunch saying he needed help opening a scroll .....

What's that all about?:huh:

What's this about Houston fans wanting to sue the MLB because they weren't allowed to have the roof up? Sounds like something those Cubs fans would complain about. :wink: I kid, of course.

war, terrorism, an abdundence of natural disasters... and now the red sox and white sox winnign the world series in back to back seasons...

is anyone else concearned?
If the Cubs win next year, I'm on the first shuttle to Mars.

In fact, the world may only have survived thanks to the antics of Steve Bartman 2 years ago.

How does a World Series with two teams from the 3rd and 4th largest markets have the lowest ratings ever? Maybe the media should start focusing some of its attention on other teams besides just the Yankees ad Red Sox :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom