The official 2005 World Series thread - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2005, 03:37 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
giving it to a-rod, who's stats were better than ortiz's in almost every single category, is getting it wrong... because one could argue that david ortiz was more important to the red sox, completely ignoring those who would argue that manny ramirez is even more important to the red sox than ortiz...
It's not always about stats. Ortiz was certainly more valuable to the Red Sox than A-Rod was to the Yankees. Period.

The most important statistic is winning games. Ortiz blows him away in that category.

And with all the injuries the Cardinals had, Pujols was just as important to his team. That's why Pujols deserved it as well.

Old 11-15-2005, 03:39 PM   #197
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
a look at the stats...

a-rod played in more games, had more runs scored, had more hits, more homeruns, more steals, a higher batting average, on base percentage, slugging percentage, more total bases, won a gold glove, and his team won the division over ortiz's team.

A-Rod didn't win the Gold Glove at 3B, Eric Chavez did. His range factor was worst among qualifying AL 3Bs, and his zone rating wa second worst, though his fielding percentage was close to the top.

I know it's notoriously difficult to measure fielding performance with stats, and A-Rod deserves credit for fielding a difficult position, but I think Chavez, Brandon Inge, Adrian Beltre, Joe Crede and Bill Mueller all had better seasons in the field than A-Rod did.

Old 11-15-2005, 07:46 PM   #198
Blue Crack Distributor

alright fine eric chavez won the gold glove... whoopity doo... shows you how much i pay attention to the gold glove award.

yes you're right... ortiz's team won so many more games this year than a-rod's... disgraceful that they gave it to a-rod.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:19 PM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

yes you're right... ortiz's team won so many more games this year than a-rod's... disgraceful that they gave it to a-rod.
As I already stated, the point isn't how many games each of their teams won, but how many games their teams would have won WITHOUT them. And I think it's fair to say the Red Sox would not have won as many without Ortiz while the Yankees would have pretty much won the same amount without Rodriguez.