The Official 2005 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

will he be borrowing charlie weis for that game?
Well in January, ND will be done, Charlie will have a little free time on his hands before heavy spring recruiting, so he might be able to draw a few things on a napkin and slip it across the diner table to Tom over lunch somehwere halfway between Indianapolis and South Bend.

if chuckles can pull it off this weekend, he should be enshrined in the football hall of fame immediately... heck, put him in cooperstown, too, while we're at it.

he is the guy who the pats are really gonna miss down the stretch this year... more so than bruschi, law, harrison, crennel, etc.

and while we're talking about guys pulling shit off... if bill can pull of another super bowl, we should annointe him as our new god.

USC has shown a few chinks in the armor over the last few weeks. Over a 60 minute football game, they have been able to overcome them and prevail, but strange things have been known to happen in the shadow of Touchdown Jesus, so tomorrow's game could get very interesting. USC is obviously the better team, but Weis was by far the better Pats coach over Carroll. Charlie may have enough wrinkles to catch USC off guard and keep things close into the 4th, and then anything can happen.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if chuckles can pull it off this weekend, he should be enshrined in the football hall of fame immediately... heck, put him in cooperstown, too, while we're at it.

he is the guy who the pats are really gonna miss down the stretch this year... more so than bruschi, law, harrison, crennel, etc.

and while we're talking about guys pulling shit off... if bill can pull of another super bowl, we should annointe him as our new god.

Eh...the Patriots O is okay. Sure, the Pats aren't running the ball well. But Tom Brady's a big boy now, he can run the offense just fine. The problem is the Patriots just can't stop anybody.

dont they usually lose with the green shirts though?

i remember when ND was undefeated a few years ago and playing against a pretty poor Boston College team and Willingham decided to pull out the Green jerseys. BC pulled off a huge upset, it was great. I remember this beecause I was at the game. And the students said that they usually lose when they wear the green jerseys.

Chizip said:
dont they usually lose with the green shirts though?

i remember when ND was undefeated a few years ago and playing against a pretty poor Boston College team and Willingham decided to pull out the Green jerseys. BC pulled off a huge upset, it was great. I remember this beecause I was at the game. And the students said that they usually lose when they wear the green jerseys.
In recent years they have had no success with the green jerseys, however it was pointed out Saturday that they had won the last 3 times they wore them against USC.
Crazy finish to that game. 2 runs by Leinart that both could have (and maybe should have)resulted in the clock running out and USC losing when they could have tied with a FG, so pass into the end zone a couple, of times and then kick if you don't connect, they have the horses to win in OT. Strange play calling, but it worked. I think USC loses a game, probably to Cal.

The Pats just finished the most brutal 6 game stretch any NFL team has on its schedule, at 3-3, they're OK. The division is weak, they'll finish probably 10-6 or 11-5 and win the division easily. Probably no bye week though.

Probably not, but I think it works for them. They always use the "we've got something to prove" line, and you know that nobody will pick them against the Colts if they meet in Indianapolis, and I think they will relish the opportunity to show everyone that it doesn't matter where they play come January.

Lets see how the Colts revamped D does when they play some NFL offenses, not the Ravens, 49ers, Jags, Browns and Titans.

The Browns average 13.6 ppg
The Ravens average 12.6 ppg
The Niners average 15.8 ppg

Not exactly a stern test there.
It'll be interesting to see if they can hold the Rams, who are a mere shell of their once mighty offense to less than 24 points tonight. Even with Pick Bulger at the helm, I think the Rams will be able to show a national audience that the Colts' vaunted D is merely a byproduct of the league's softest schedule in 46 years.

tonight is, indeed, a good test for the colts D... the rams may blow, but they can still score points.

is the colts D as good as it's been playing? probably not... are they as bad as they've been in the past? deffinetly not... likely, they're somewhere in the middle. deffinetly better than in the past, but i don't think the 85 bears have anything to worry about.

but when you put freeney and simon on the same defensive line? that, at the very least, puts your D-Line up there with anyone's in the NFL.

Off topic...phanan, TM has released some decent clubs for the Dec Boston shows, singles in 145, pairs in 113 (saw a pair in 109, they have since disappeared).

The 145's appear to be end of aisle singles (seat #15 in all rows), so if you can have 2 browsers working (may need 2 computers) you might be able to piggy back 2 very good clubs.

Last edited:
I'd have to say that after watching parts of the game tonight, I'm still not convinced that the Colts defense is as good as some people think they might be. Imagine what would have happened if Bulger didn't get hurt.

Do not underestimate my power.

How can you deny this when we can spot a team 17 points and still wipe them out? We could have caved, but we took it to another level. Sure, we got turnovers, but so did they! Yeah Bolger got injured, but Martin actually played better and threw more accurately until our defense figured out their scheme and shut them down.

We are the most complete team, we have what it takes.

THE ROAD TO THE SUPER BOWL GOES THROUGH INDIANAPOLIS

Indy 6-0
NE 3-3

Of course, at this rate the Pats will probably end up a wildcard and fall before they ever get to our home.

You're comparing four turnovers to one? Please.

And Jamie Martin only completed 11 out of his first 12 passes because they were dinking and dunking. I can have a great accuracy rating throwing like that.

As for the road going through Indianapolis, I welcome it. Imagine how much more devastated the Colts will be when the Pats beat them in their own house come January.

game swung when the rams got screwed out of the fumble recovery. the first ref signaled rams ball 3 times. then for some reason they change it on "dual possession?" gimme a break.

Ever consider there were so many turnovers because our superior defense caused them? All the great teams win using lots of turnovers, look at Dallas in the 90's. You get the turnovers because of your excellent coverage and great defensive playing.

Talk about turnovers, that first fumble was very questionable, the Ram's knee was down at exactly the same time the ball came out, it could have gone either way. We were in a precarious situation but we never gave up.

Later, things turned for us. The Colts got the ball bounce their way because destiny is on our side. And after many years of suffering, who could deny us?

As far as the Pats coming to our home, I doubt it. They will likely go the wild card route, if they make the playoffs at all. But I hope they do come, I welcome them, to finally get the payback I've been saving for them.

Peyton Manning said:

Of course, at this rate the Pats will probably end up a wildcard and fall before they ever get to our home.
You funny, Pey-Pey. Who's gonna win the East then if the Pats are a wildcard?
You have 3 choices: Buffalo, Miami, the Jets...c'mon give me one, I need a good laugh.

Peyton Manning said:
Ever consider there were so many turnovers because our superior defense caused them?
How superior was your D while Bulger was in the game? Your defensive brethren were getting their asses handed to them.
The Colts got the ball bounce their way because destiny is on our side. And after many years of suffering, who could deny us?
Tom Brady :D

See its funny Pey-Pey, you just played the Rams and all you can talk about is the Patriots...you seem to have some kind of stigma there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom