The Official 2005 NFL Thread - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2005, 12:25 PM   #481
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Word is Brady gets pissed if he loses a locker room backgammon game.
Very competitive.
i respect that about him... i think i've proved in my arguments enough here that i have the utmost respect for tom brady and what he's already accomplished.

but as a team leader... it's not good to be seen with your head laying back on the team bench as the closing minutes of the first big game loss of your career tick off the clock.

probably minor insignificant stuff... but i notice these little things... can't help it... damn you sports psych class... damn you to hell! :shakesangryfist:

Old 11-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #482
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:55 AM
Quote:
Undefeated....you care to wager on that one?
They srtill have Cincy, Pitt, Jax, SD and Sea on the schedule, they're gonna lose, probably end up 14-2.

Clearly they are the class of the league...anything short of a Superbowl victory will be a failure. They'll have home field and an indoor Superbowl, so like the 2001 Rams, they are gonna be heavy favorites to win it all, and if they play at the top of their game, they shall. That will play out over the next 3 months.
Cincy could beat them. While Cincy's run D isn't all that great, they can give Peton some problems. The key is Carson Palmer. He has a great game, and he could pull the upset. Of course that's if he minimizes his bonehead throws.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #483
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Word is Brady gets pissed if he loses a locker room backgammon game.
Very competitive.
There are other names for guys like that:

"Spoiled sport"

"sore loser"

"asshole"
Old 11-08-2005, 10:28 PM   #484
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

There are other names for guys like that:

"Spoiled sport"

"sore loser"

"asshole"
oh friggin give it up. he didn't friggin walk off the field sobbing like a little baby.

the "asshole" comment is only making you sound like you have absolutely no friggin clue what you're talking about.

sore loser? asshole? when the pistons walked off the court, refusing to shake the hands of the chicago bulls after jordan finally beat them for the first time... THAT is being a sore loser... THAT is being an asshole.

tom brady did no such thing... he walked across the field and shook peyton's hand, then went to the locker room.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:42 PM   #485
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

sore loser? asshole? when the pistons walked off the court, refusing to shake the hands of the chicago bulls after jordan finally beat them for the first time... THAT is being a sore loser... THAT is being an asshole.
After the Pistons walked off the Palace floor, Joe Dumars and John Salley returned to properly congratulate the Bulls.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:20 AM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

oh friggin give it up. he didn't friggin walk off the field sobbing like a little baby.

the "asshole" comment is only making you sound like you have absolutely no friggin clue what you're talking about.
Actually I do because I've known people like that all my life.

Quote:
tom brady did no such thing... he walked across the field and shook peyton's hand, then went to the locker room.

I wasn't talking about that. It was because it was mentioned that he got upset every time he lost a game of backgammon. He sounds like the kind of guy who tosses the checker board when he sees he's losing or throws down the joystick when his last video game man is about to die, and then either has a fit or pouts. I don't see this as anything to admire in a person, or being 'competetive'- every guy in the league is 'competetive' or he wouldn't have made his team.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:54 AM   #487
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I wasn't talking about that. It was because it was mentioned that he got upset every time he lost a game of backgammon. He sounds like the kind of guy who tosses the checker board when he sees he's losing or throws down the joystick when his last video game man is about to die, and then either has a fit or pouts.
See you're just making asumptions here...I never said he tosses the checker board, only that he's competitive and hates to lose.
There was a local piece done on him a couple of years back and one of the things mentioned was his desire to win, not only on the field but also at everything he competes in including locker room backgammon games which were common place at the time in the Pats locker room.
Never was it mentioned that he is in any way a sore loser, or a "Spoiled sport" or "Asshole"...you just put that there.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:33 AM   #488
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
See you're just making asumptions here...I never said he tosses the checker board, only that he's competitive and hates to lose.
There was a local piece done on him a couple of years back and one of the things mentioned was his desire to win, not only on the field but also at everything he competes in including locker room backgammon games which were common place at the time in the Pats locker room.
Never was it mentioned that he is in any way a sore loser, or a "Spoiled sport" or "Asshole"...you just put that there.
No, you put it there by saying he gets upset when he loses. That reeks of everything I've said. And now that he's been spoiled by so many wins, I'm sure he's even worse and probably throws a tantrum like a little kid.

The silliest thing is that he is somehow special because of his desire to win. Who in the league doesn't have that?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:03 AM   #489
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yeah, what an asshole. 'Cause, you know, Peyton's never been caught looking upset or frustrated on camera when his team's lost.

[/dripping sarcasm]
Old 11-09-2005, 10:10 AM   #490
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

No, you put it there by saying he gets upset when he loses. That reeks of everything I've said. And now that he's been spoiled by so many wins, I'm sure he's even worse and probably throws a tantrum like a little kid.

The silliest thing is that he is somehow special because of his desire to win. Who in the league doesn't have that?
So, when anyone gets upset by losing, they are automatically a "spoiled sport" or an "asshole" or a "sore loser"?

Was Manning a "sore loser" or an "asshole" when his team was beaten in the playoffs the last two years and he was cleary frustrated and very unhappy about it?

Come on.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:11 AM   #491
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

So, when anyone gets upset by losing, they are automatically a "spoiled sport" or an "asshole" or a "sore loser"?

Was Manning a "sore loser" or an "asshole" when his team was beaten in the playoffs the last two years and he was cleary frustrated and very unhappy about it?

Come on.
Jinx! Now you can't talk 'till someone says your name Nyaah nyaah nyaah.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:18 AM   #492
Blue Crack Addict

Old 11-09-2005, 10:34 AM   #493
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Randy Moss for one.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:34 AM   #494
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Quote:
...comment is only making you sound like you have absolutely no friggin clue what you're talking about.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:35 AM   #495
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Saying he doesn't like to lose is a lot different than assuming (once again you are doing this) that he spent the time after the game "Throwing a tantrum like a little kid".
You're just grasping now. Brady has always been humble in defeat, faced the press, answered the questions admitted any of his own mistakes (the Miami game last year for instance) and vowed to work harder in the future. He's never gone on a tirade in the locker room, at a press conference or anything.

As for phase 2 of your post, Who doesn't have a desire to win...there are lots of guys who just care about getting their paycheck, not so much about improving themselves so they are better players and their team has a better chance to win.

There have been so many examples in sport of the guy who had that extra desire to win, work harder than the other guy being the one who does so.
Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Tim Duncan...something clearly sets these guys apart from a large portion of other NBA players.

Joe Montana, Jerry Rice( I'm sure if you're as big a football fan as you claim you know about his "running the hill" workouts), Walter Payton, Emmit Smith...do you think these guys didn't have just a little more desire to win than some others?
Even your boy Peyton, his study habits are beyond those of the Michael Vicks and Jake Plummers of the league...why...his desire to win may in fact be greater than theirs....we all hear about how when practice is over for the offense, manning and Harrison continue to work on their own...why...a great desire to win like Tom Brady also has...if you can't see that some players just have more than others in that department its time for new glasses.