The Official 2005 NFL Thread - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2005, 11:31 AM   #451
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mkdominatr

Yeah well the guy is an egotistical ass no doubt. And we philly fans realize that and we want him out now. Hes causing much more harm than good. Even though our season is going to shit. We are better off.
the whole TO thing baffles me... everything he does... all of his "distractions" are off the field incidents... locker room stuff... comments... etc.

no one can deny that when the man steps on the field he gives it everything he has. the super bowl is only one example of this. despite all the issues this season, all the backhanded comments... believe it or not, he is currently having the best statistical season of his career.

a philadelphia athlete who's a headache off the playing field yet is an absolute warrior come game time? seems to me like there's someone who fits that description to a T playing directly across the street from the Linc... who's beloved by the philly fans...

Old 11-07-2005, 12:05 PM   #452
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

a philadelphia athlete who's a headache off the playing field yet is an absolute warrior come game time? seems to me like there's someone who fits that description to a T playing directly across the street from the Linc... who's beloved by the philly fans...
Kyle Korver?

Old 11-07-2005, 12:20 PM   #453
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Kyle Korver?
of course
Old 11-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #454
Blue Crack Addict

TO is done for the year...

Old 11-07-2005, 04:44 PM   #455
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan
TO is done for the year...

Right move, everyone knew it was coming....now i just hope the team can get back to normal.

I wonder who would want to pick him up after this season..? whoever does i bet they wont give him that long term deal he wants..
Old 11-07-2005, 04:55 PM   #456
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
Cat fight
Panthers cheerleaders arrested in bar sex incident

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Two Carolina Panthers cheerleaders were arrested after a bar dispute that broke out early Sunday after patrons complained the women were having sex in a bathroom stall, a police arrest report said.

Police reports named the women, but The Tampa Tribune reported officials were checking into whether one of them gave a false identification. One woman was charged with battery, and the other with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Both women were released on bond later Sunday

The women were locked in a stall at about 2:10 a.m. Sunday when other patrons got angry they were taking so long in the bathroom, the police report said. The women left the stall, and one began arguing with another patron of Banana Joe's, eventually hitting that patron in the face with a closed fist, police said.

The incident happened 11 hours before the kickoff of the Panthers' NFL football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The cheerleaders traveled to Tampa on their own because members of the team's Top Cats squad are on the sidelines only at home games.

Panthers officials told The Charlotte Observer at Sunday's game that they were aware of the reported incident, but declined further comment.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eerleaders.ap/

Ah, goodtimes...goodtimes.

Why the hell are there no women like this in Halifax?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:11 PM   #457
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

the whole TO thing baffles me... everything he does... all of his "distractions" are off the field incidents... locker room stuff... comments... etc.

no one can deny that when the man steps on the field he gives it everything he has. the super bowl is only one example of this. despite all the issues this season, all the backhanded comments... believe it or not, he is currently having the best statistical season of his career.

Well, yeah. But Steve Smith and Santana Moss currently have better numbers than TO, and they've managed to do it without making asses of themselves.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:57 PM   #458
Blue Crack Distributor

anyone who thinks that philly's gonna get better now without TO is out of their minds.

thankfully for the rest of the NFC East donovan mcnabb cries like a little girl if someone makes fun of him.

don't get me wrong... TO's a little bitch in the locker room... but he flat out brings it on the field. and quite frankly, he was a douche in san francisco... everyone knew it... donovan mcnabb and andy reid knew it... and they petitioned to bring him in anyway. i don't wanna hear about how we're now supposed to feel sorry for them because TO did what we all knew he would do before he even got to Philly.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:27 PM   #459
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Philly isn't going to win the Super Bowl this season even with TO. This is a long-term move.

I was going to say that they could use the extra cap room to sign a good running back. But for some reason they decided that a third-down back was worth 5 years, $25 million.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:47 PM   #460
Blue Crack Addict

God, I can't wait to collect on this bet.

Seeing as the Eagles have about as much chance of making the playoffs as a snowflake in a volcano now, this is likely going to be the highlight of my season.

Except for when the Pats don't make the playoffs. Then I'll probably cry. Tears of joy.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:46 PM   #461
Blue Crack Distributor

cut that meat... cut that meat

even though it's a meaningless play because the pats are getting smacked and the game is baisicly over... throwing the challange flag when you're not challanging may not be a penalty... but it most certainly should be. as long as it's not a penalty, then i can't really fault bellichik for doing it... in fact, it's quite a good coaching move and will probably be copied in future games now. i'm guessing there will be a rule addition made in the off season.

it's a savy coaching tactic when done once... but last thing we need is for it to become a habit. it should be an automatic ejection starting next year.

and, uh, yea... barring injury, the colts just won the AFC title... and may just go undefeated.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:04 AM   #462
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

There has to be some other reason Belichick threw the flag, withdrew the challenge, then challenged again. If he really wanted to use this trick to stall a team, he'd save it for later in the season, in a game where the Patriots aren't down by 19 points.

And I blame this loss on Troy Brown. Specifically, the lack thereof in the secondary. He'd have done a better job than Duane Starks.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:13 AM   #463
Blue Crack Addict

I await the oratory with bated breath.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:17 AM   #464
Blue Crack Addict

looks like peyton is better than brady now
Old 11-08-2005, 12:18 AM   #465
Blue Crack Addict

Well, the better team one tonight, obviously. No excuses. Say what you want about injuries and the like, the bottom line is the Patriot's defense really stinks right now.

They'll still win the AFC East, but I don't know how far they'll get in the playoffs. If they get healthier, who knows.

I will say this though: I still don't think the Colts defense is as great as they are hyped to be. Brady pretty much had his way with them. The problem was he wasn't on the field enough to take advantage of it. And that of course is credited to how well the offense played.

The Colts should easily be the number one seed now, although I think Pittsburgh will beat them in the regular season still.