The Official 2005 NFL Thread - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2005, 11:23 AM   #436
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:17 AM
It's not a good time to be the Saints' owner right now. First he threatens to move the team and now this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2212331

Updated: Nov. 3, 2005, 9:14 AM ET
Frustrated Benson: 'I will not return to Baton Rouge'

NEW ORLEANS -- New Orleans Saints owner Tom Benson says he will not return to Baton Rouge for his hurricane-displaced team's games for the rest of this season and next year, according to an e-mail obtained by a newspaper and a television station.

The e-mail was sent to NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue following the Saints' loss on Sunday in Baton Rouge, taunts from fans and an altercation with a TV camera crew.

In the e-mail, Benson called security at Tiger Stadium "inadequate to non-existent" and claimed that he and his family members "could have all been severely injured or killed."

"I will not return to Baton Rouge for any reason, including any games scheduled for the end of this season or a contemplated next season," Benson said in the e-mail. "No person, much less the owner of NFL team, should have either he, his family or his friends subjected to this form of danger, intimidation and abuse. I was advised not to go but wanted to support the league."

Old 11-04-2005, 11:06 AM   #437
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
As I mentioned before, Chunky Soup's hernia is definitely affecting his throwing, and I wouldn't be surprised if he finished the season on IR...eventually he's gonna really hurt himself, damage his rotator cuff or something because he's changing his throwing motion to avoid pain in his abdomen when he throws.
i've never liked mcnabb and have always considered him to be over-rated... well before rush limbaugh came out and ruined my argument by making anyone associated with whitey who criticized mcnabb an automatic racist... damn him to hell.

leading up to limbaugh's rediculous, assinine statements... it was pretty much open season on mcnabb... but then all of a sudden you couldn't touch the guy without fear of someone breaking out that R word.

now thanks to michael irvin and my boy T.O., we're free to criticize mcnabb once again.

and yes... i'm ready to be flamed.

Old 11-05-2005, 03:37 PM   #438
Blue Crack Distributor

Terrell Owens was suspended by the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday for conduct detrimental to the team, a catch-all sanction that team officials imposed after deliberating much of Friday over how to address the latest flap involving their loquacious wide receiver.

Owens, who blasted the organization on Thursday for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch two weeks ago, will miss the Eagles' key Sunday night game against the Washington Redskins.

It is uncertain when -- or if -- he will return to the team.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:46 PM   #439
Blue Crack Addict

Shocking...
Old 11-05-2005, 05:01 PM   #440
Blue Crack Distributor

good news for the giants... bad news for my fantasy team.

i'll take it.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:26 PM   #441
Blue Crack Addict

Why, TO? Why?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:20 AM   #442
Blue Crack Distributor

the eagles got what they asked for... everyone knew what TO was when he came in... i don't want to hear this pitty party from andy reid. if you didn't wanna deal with his bullshit, you shouldn't have traded for him.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:37 PM   #443
Blue Crack Distributor

not for nothing... but peyton manning makes a better credit card commercial than tom brady.

from the "chop that meat!!!" to "can you sing this loaf of bread for my little brother? he loves you"

top quality humor
Old 11-07-2005, 07:50 AM   #444
Blue Crack Addict

Agreed.

That Peyton commercial makes me crack up every time I see it. I love the one where he's standing behind a staircase railing fishing for high-fives from the guys in suits, and wearing a giant foam finger.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #445
Blue Crack Addict

Maybe Peyton should give up football for a career in commercials...its pretty lucrative.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:36 AM   #446
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Maybe Peyton should give up football for a career in commercials...its pretty lucrative.
if the colts win tonight, will peyton manning get one victory in the pick 'em pool?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:46 AM   #447
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
the eagles got what they asked for... everyone knew what TO was when he came in... i don't want to hear this pitty party from andy reid. if you didn't wanna deal with his bullshit, you shouldn't have traded for him.
Yeah well the guy is an egotistical ass no doubt. And we philly fans realize that and we want him out now. Hes causing much more harm than good. Even though our season is going to shit. We are better off.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:52 AM   #448
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Cat fight
Panthers cheerleaders arrested in bar sex incident

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Two Carolina Panthers cheerleaders were arrested after a bar dispute that broke out early Sunday after patrons complained the women were having sex in a bathroom stall, a police arrest report said.

Police reports named the women, but The Tampa Tribune reported officials were checking into whether one of them gave a false identification. One woman was charged with battery, and the other with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Both women were released on bond later Sunday

The women were locked in a stall at about 2:10 a.m. Sunday when other patrons got angry they were taking so long in the bathroom, the police report said. The women left the stall, and one began arguing with another patron of Banana Joe's, eventually hitting that patron in the face with a closed fist, police said.

The incident happened 11 hours before the kickoff of the Panthers' NFL football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The cheerleaders traveled to Tampa on their own because members of the team's Top Cats squad are on the sidelines only at home games.

Panthers officials told The Charlotte Observer at Sunday's game that they were aware of the reported incident, but declined further comment.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eerleaders.ap/

Ah, goodtimes...goodtimes.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:15 AM   #449
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

if the colts win tonight, will peyton manning get one victory in the pick 'em pool?
Well the Colts are currently 7-0, yet Pey-Pey remains winless in the pool, he just doesn't pick very well.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:20 AM   #450
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
Cat fight
Panthers cheerleaders arrested in bar sex incident

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Two Carolina Panthers cheerleaders were arrested after a bar dispute that broke out early Sunday after patrons complained the women were having sex in a bathroom stall, a police arrest report said.

Police reports named the women, but The Tampa Tribune reported officials were checking into whether one of them gave a false identification. One woman was charged with battery, and the other with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Both women were released on bond later Sunday

The women were locked in a stall at about 2:10 a.m. Sunday when other patrons got angry they were taking so long in the bathroom, the police report said. The women left the stall, and one began arguing with another patron of Banana Joe's, eventually hitting that patron in the face with a closed fist, police said.

The incident happened 11 hours before the kickoff of the Panthers' NFL football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The cheerleaders traveled to Tampa on their own because members of the team's Top Cats squad are on the sidelines only at home games.

Panthers officials told The Charlotte Observer at Sunday's game that they were aware of the reported incident, but declined further comment.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...eerleaders.ap/

Ah, goodtimes...goodtimes.
Let me get this straight...two cheerleaders were having sex with one another in a bathroom stall...then one got into a [CosmoKramervoice] c-c-c-c-catfight[/CosmoKramervoice]

Giddyup!