The Official 2005 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the starters were out of the game by then, for the most part.

You're right, though - it's only preseason. They didn't look so great last year at this time, either (record was 1-3) and things turned out ok.

Se7en said:

i will fight you.

don't hate the playa....hate the game

better hope miami plays you in buffalo in dec. otherwise you will finish last.
the run is only good if you have a passing game to offset it.

does buffalo even have a qb? did he come from europe?

you won' beat the pats. :der:

you're right,

Se7en said:

what league do you follow? :der:

i should have asked when Buffalo was going to get a professional football team.

the area code for Buffalo....

044 :lol:

area code for New England....

:whistle:

*as We Are The Champions plays in the background*

Last edited:
Re: Re: you're right,

Se7en said:
your "humor" is trite, at best.

:eyebrow:

sad, but true.

it's too early to be talkin' smack anyway.

i've got all season... :|

bears, good defense if everybody stays healthy.
offense is hurting. it all depends on how fast hutchinson gets up to speed.

unosdostres14 said:
KYLE ORTON 2006 SUPER BOWL MVP

orton_bob.jpg

:scratch:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean :lol:

But ORTON IS THE STARTER AND IS GOING TO GO 16-0 THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111oneone

Does anyone know what's up with New Orleans' schedule now? I assume they won't be playing at the Superdome for a while... :huh:

Is there anything I don't love about Tom Brady? :heart:
Oh yeah, he went to Michigan. :angry:

BTW, who the hell gave Freddie Prinz Jr a job? Sure his wife is hot, but he;s a no talent ass-clown.

WildHoneyAlways said:

BTW, who the hell gave Freddie Prinz Jr a job? Sure his wife is hot, but he;s a no talent ass-clown.

You got that right.

It's halftime, and while the Pats' defense is admittedly a bit shaky at times, there's no way the Raiders can stop Brady.

can I predict the Jets to win the East without getting laughed off the face of the earth?

:no:

Okay, that's what I thought. You heard it here first MF's.

Anyways, since my Niners suck a big one, I will pull for my AFC team this year. J-E-T-S, JETS JETS JETS!!!!!

Gotta love Herm Edwards.

Alex Smith=not going to work, BUST city.

Jets will be a good team, but win the AFC East? Don't get ahead of yourself.

Good game tonight. The Pats' defense rebounded nicely in the second half.

I gotta complain about those fans, though. Were they really Pats fans? We had a decent lead going into the fourth quarter, but I was surprised that many people took off so early, like they were taking it for granted. It certainly wasn't over yet. Even Brady said something about it after the game. Sure it's late, but that's never been a problem before. Next time show some more spirit and stay until at least the two minute warning...

Headache in a Suitcase said:
like oh my god tom brady likes bono :heart: :hyper: :hug: :flirt:
Can't wait till the Colts get on MNF.

Tom Brady "The one celebrity I'd like to have dinner with is Bono"

Peyton Manning: "The one celebrity I'd like to have dinner with is John Deere"

phanan said:

I gotta complain about those fans, though. Were they really Pats fans? We had a decent lead going into the fourth quarter, but I was surprised that many people took off so early, like they were taking it for granted. It certainly wasn't over yet. Even Brady said something about it after the game. Sure it's late, but that's never been a problem before. Next time show some more spirit and stay until at least the two minute warning...
You tried to get out of Foxboro at 12:30 AM before when you have to work the next morning?
I can understand the exodus.

Hewson said:
You tried to get out of Foxboro at 12:30 AM before when you have to work the next morning?

twas gonna say that... normaly i hate early leavers... but it was a thursday night. i don't like it, but i'll allow it.

only time i've left a game early was when the mets were smackin' up the yankees this may and i had a u2 concert to get to... left right before the top of the 9th.

as for the jets winning the afc east... i'll allow the sports guy to answer that one...

After the 2004 season ended, Herm Edwards gave a motivational speech at an ESPN function on one of those company retreats we have from time to time. A friend of mine who was there said that Herm was fantastic, and you could see why guys would love playing for him ... but Herm ran long by 15 minutes. Even during the offseason, Herm can't manage the clock.

Hewson said:

Of course, but you don't usually see that on the regular Monday night telecasts. Besides, how many of those folks you think probably took today off, anyway, seeing as how it's Friday?

Gillette Stadium isn't centrally located -- it's about 40 minutes south of the city of Boston.

Probably everyone who took off work today stayed, those who didn't (couldn't) left.

I was at the opening Monday night game at Gillette in 2002 vs the Squeelers and we left in the 4th, which on a Sunday afternoon I wouldn't do, but the Pats were kicking the crap out of Kordell and co. anyway, the only mystery was if the game would go over the total, which a late Pitt TD accomplished, I assume Al Michaels made his "now this game is officially over" type statement, but I was hiking rout 1 to the car.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Is there anything I don't love about Tom Brady? :heart:
Oh yeah, he went to Michigan. :angry:

and what's the matter with MICHIGAN???
just because they pound illionois every year:wink: :yes: :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom