The Official 2005 NFL Thread - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2005, 10:24 AM   #226
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:45 PM
Probably not, but I think it works for them. They always use the "we've got something to prove" line, and you know that nobody will pick them against the Colts if they meet in Indianapolis, and I think they will relish the opportunity to show everyone that it doesn't matter where they play come January.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:53 AM   #227
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:45 PM
The Colts know it DOES matter where you play, that's why they're fighting so hard for home field. They are on a mission now, and much improved on D.

Old 10-17-2005, 12:32 PM   #228
Blue Crack Addict

Lets see how the Colts revamped D does when they play some NFL offenses, not the Ravens, 49ers, Jags, Browns and Titans.

The Browns average 13.6 ppg
The Ravens average 12.6 ppg
The Niners average 15.8 ppg

Not exactly a stern test there.
It'll be interesting to see if they can hold the Rams, who are a mere shell of their once mighty offense to less than 24 points tonight. Even with Pick Bulger at the helm, I think the Rams will be able to show a national audience that the Colts' vaunted D is merely a byproduct of the league's softest schedule in 46 years.
Old 10-17-2005, 12:37 PM   #229
Blue Crack Distributor

tonight is, indeed, a good test for the colts D... the rams may blow, but they can still score points.

is the colts D as good as it's been playing? probably not... are they as bad as they've been in the past? deffinetly not... likely, they're somewhere in the middle. deffinetly better than in the past, but i don't think the 85 bears have anything to worry about.

but when you put freeney and simon on the same defensive line? that, at the very least, puts your D-Line up there with anyone's in the NFL.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:57 PM   #230
Blue Crack Addict

Off topic...phanan, TM has released some decent clubs for the Dec Boston shows, singles in 145, pairs in 113 (saw a pair in 109, they have since disappeared).

The 145's appear to be end of aisle singles (seat #15 in all rows), so if you can have 2 browsers working (may need 2 computers) you might be able to piggy back 2 very good clubs.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:35 PM   #231
Blue Crack Addict

I just happened to visit Ticketmaster for the hell of it and didn't even see this until now, but thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-17-2005, 02:38 PM   #232
Blue Crack Addict

No problem, glad you got something.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:45 PM   #233
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks, so am I.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:14 AM   #234
Blue Crack Addict

I'd have to say that after watching parts of the game tonight, I'm still not convinced that the Colts defense is as good as some people think they might be. Imagine what would have happened if Bulger didn't get hurt.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:28 AM   #235
The Fly

Do not underestimate my power.

How can you deny this when we can spot a team 17 points and still wipe them out? We could have caved, but we took it to another level. Sure, we got turnovers, but so did they! Yeah Bolger got injured, but Martin actually played better and threw more accurately until our defense figured out their scheme and shut them down.

We are the most complete team, we have what it takes.

THE ROAD TO THE SUPER BOWL GOES THROUGH INDIANAPOLIS

Indy 6-0
NE 3-3

Of course, at this rate the Pats will probably end up a wildcard and fall before they ever get to our home.
Old 10-18-2005, 12:40 AM   #236
Blue Crack Addict

You're comparing four turnovers to one? Please.

And Jamie Martin only completed 11 out of his first 12 passes because they were dinking and dunking. I can have a great accuracy rating throwing like that.

As for the road going through Indianapolis, I welcome it. Imagine how much more devastated the Colts will be when the Pats beat them in their own house come January.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:07 AM   #237
Blue Crack Addict

game swung when the rams got screwed out of the fumble recovery. the first ref signaled rams ball 3 times. then for some reason they change it on "dual possession?" gimme a break.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:14 AM   #238
The Fly

Ever consider there were so many turnovers because our superior defense caused them? All the great teams win using lots of turnovers, look at Dallas in the 90's. You get the turnovers because of your excellent coverage and great defensive playing.

Talk about turnovers, that first fumble was very questionable, the Ram's knee was down at exactly the same time the ball came out, it could have gone either way. We were in a precarious situation but we never gave up.

Later, things turned for us. The Colts got the ball bounce their way because destiny is on our side. And after many years of suffering, who could deny us?

As far as the Pats coming to our home, I doubt it. They will likely go the wild card route, if they make the playoffs at all. But I hope they do come, I welcome them, to finally get the payback I've been saving for them.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:08 AM   #239
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Peyton Manning

Of course, at this rate the Pats will probably end up a wildcard and fall before they ever get to our home.
You funny, Pey-Pey. Who's gonna win the East then if the Pats are a wildcard?
You have 3 choices: Buffalo, Miami, the Jets...c'mon give me one, I need a good laugh.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:12 AM   #240
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Peyton Manning
Ever consider there were so many turnovers because our superior defense caused them?
How superior was your D while Bulger was in the game? Your defensive brethren were getting their asses handed to them.
Quote:
The Colts got the ball bounce their way because destiny is on our side. And after many years of suffering, who could deny us?
Tom Brady

See its funny Pey-Pey, you just played the Rams and all you can talk about is the Patriots...you seem to have some kind of stigma there.