The Official 2005 NFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mkdominatr said:

Yeah well the guy is an egotistical ass no doubt. And we philly fans realize that and we want him out now. Hes causing much more harm than good. Even though our season is going to shit. We are better off.

the whole TO thing baffles me... everything he does... all of his "distractions" are off the field incidents... locker room stuff... comments... etc.

no one can deny that when the man steps on the field he gives it everything he has. the super bowl is only one example of this. despite all the issues this season, all the backhanded comments... believe it or not, he is currently having the best statistical season of his career.

:hmm: a philadelphia athlete who's a headache off the playing field yet is an absolute warrior come game time? seems to me like there's someone who fits that description to a T playing directly across the street from the Linc... who's beloved by the philly fans...

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:hmm: a philadelphia athlete who's a headache off the playing field yet is an absolute warrior come game time? seems to me like there's someone who fits that description to a T playing directly across the street from the Linc... who's beloved by the philly fans...
Kyle Korver?

phanan said:
TO is done for the year...

:dancing:

Right move, everyone knew it was coming....now i just hope the team can get back to normal.

I wonder who would want to pick him up after this season..? whoever does i bet they wont give him that long term deal he wants..

randhail said:
Cat fight
Panthers cheerleaders arrested in bar sex incident

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- Two Carolina Panthers cheerleaders were arrested after a bar dispute that broke out early Sunday after patrons complained the women were having sex in a bathroom stall, a police arrest report said.

Police reports named the women, but The Tampa Tribune reported officials were checking into whether one of them gave a false identification. One woman was charged with battery, and the other with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Both women were released on bond later Sunday

The women were locked in a stall at about 2:10 a.m. Sunday when other patrons got angry they were taking so long in the bathroom, the police report said. The women left the stall, and one began arguing with another patron of Banana Joe's, eventually hitting that patron in the face with a closed fist, police said.

The incident happened 11 hours before the kickoff of the Panthers' NFL football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The cheerleaders traveled to Tampa on their own because members of the team's Top Cats squad are on the sidelines only at home games.

Panthers officials told The Charlotte Observer at Sunday's game that they were aware of the reported incident, but declined further comment.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/11/06/panthers.cheerleaders.ap/

Ah, goodtimes...goodtimes.

:eek:

:faint:

Why the hell are there no women like this in Halifax? :wink:

the whole TO thing baffles me... everything he does... all of his "distractions" are off the field incidents... locker room stuff... comments... etc.

no one can deny that when the man steps on the field he gives it everything he has. the super bowl is only one example of this. despite all the issues this season, all the backhanded comments... believe it or not, he is currently having the best statistical season of his career.

Well, yeah. But Steve Smith and Santana Moss currently have better numbers than TO, and they've managed to do it without making asses of themselves.

anyone who thinks that philly's gonna get better now without TO is out of their minds.

thankfully for the rest of the NFC East donovan mcnabb cries like a little girl if someone makes fun of him.

don't get me wrong... TO's a little bitch in the locker room... but he flat out brings it on the field. and quite frankly, he was a douche in san francisco... everyone knew it... donovan mcnabb and andy reid knew it... and they petitioned to bring him in anyway. i don't wanna hear about how we're now supposed to feel sorry for them because TO did what we all knew he would do before he even got to Philly.

Philly isn't going to win the Super Bowl this season even with TO. This is a long-term move.

I was going to say that they could use the extra cap room to sign a good running back. But for some reason they decided that a third-down back was worth 5 years, $25 million.

Last edited:
God, I can't wait to collect on this bet. :hyper:

Seeing as the Eagles have about as much chance of making the playoffs as a snowflake in a volcano now, this is likely going to be the highlight of my season.

Except for when the Pats don't make the playoffs. Then I'll probably cry. Tears of joy.

Last edited:
cut that meat... cut that meat

even though it's a meaningless play because the pats are getting smacked and the game is baisicly over... throwing the challange flag when you're not challanging may not be a penalty... but it most certainly should be. as long as it's not a penalty, then i can't really fault bellichik for doing it... in fact, it's quite a good coaching move and will probably be copied in future games now. i'm guessing there will be a rule addition made in the off season.

it's a savy coaching tactic when done once... but last thing we need is for it to become a habit. it should be an automatic ejection starting next year.

and, uh, yea... barring injury, the colts just won the AFC title... and may just go undefeated.

Last edited:
There has to be some other reason Belichick threw the flag, withdrew the challenge, then challenged again. If he really wanted to use this trick to stall a team, he'd save it for later in the season, in a game where the Patriots aren't down by 19 points.

And I blame this loss on Troy Brown. Specifically, the lack thereof in the secondary. He'd have done a better job than Duane Starks.

Well, the better team one tonight, obviously. No excuses. Say what you want about injuries and the like, the bottom line is the Patriot's defense really stinks right now.

They'll still win the AFC East, but I don't know how far they'll get in the playoffs. If they get healthier, who knows.

I will say this though: I still don't think the Colts defense is as great as they are hyped to be. Brady pretty much had his way with them. The problem was he wasn't on the field enough to take advantage of it. And that of course is credited to how well the offense played.

The Colts should easily be the number one seed now, although I think Pittsburgh will beat them in the regular season still.

Brady did not 'have his way' with them. After the Colts were up 28-7, they became lax and complacent, and slacked up. I felt the same way, I'd been so intense and my stomach was churning and my heart was pounding and I was so uptight, but once they got that big lead I relaxed and let go. I think they did too, and they shouldn't have. Then I had to get intense again and worry for the rest of the game that something stupid was going to happen. I was worried until the last minute. The Patriots do not have a better team than the Colts anymore, but they did have a psychological advantage because they haunted them like an evil spirit. I do believe it was finally exorcized tonight. The torch has been passed. But they still have to bring it home.

Oh, and what about that non-touchdown Dungy didn't challenge? He rolled right over on it, and if they had that taken away they might not have scored a touchdown there. They were dominated on all sides of the ball. But I want you guys to know I did not stop worrying until the end!

I don't know what the deal is with TO, they say his attitude is bad for the team, but what is more disruptive to a team than losing your second best player in a controversial way halfway through the season? The Eagles just shot themselves in the foot. Yeah he's a bigmouth but he's not the only one in the league, I don't think he should be suspended. I say send him to the Raiders, he and Randy Moss would be unstoppable on and off the field, if they didn't kill each other first!

U2Kitten said:
Oh, and what about that non-touchdown Dungy didn't challenge? He rolled right over on it, and if they had that taken away they might not have scored a touchdown there. They were dominated on all sides of the ball. But I want you guys to know I did not stop worrying until the end!

Troy Brown's TD was entirely legit. The replay that MNF showed after the ensuing kickoff was a terrible angle -- his back is blocking most of the view. You can see that the ball touches the ground, but this is *not* sufficient to conclude that the receiver has lost control of the ball. They also aired a replay showing a front view of the catch, and from there it was clear that his arm was secured around the ball. For whatever reason, they didn't show this replay a second time.

I don't know what the deal is with TO, they say his attitude is bad for the team, but what is more disruptive to a team than losing your second best player in a controversial way halfway through the season? The Eagles just shot themselves in the foot. Yeah he's a bigmouth but he's not the only one in the league, I don't think he should be suspended. I say send him to the Raiders, he and Randy Moss would be unstoppable on and off the field, if they didn't kill each other first!

Yeah, but ask yourself a question: would you want to play with him? Would you play at your best if he were on your team?

DaveC said:

Except for when the Pats don't make the playoffs. Then I'll probably cry. Tears of joy.
Don't hold your breath on that one...the Pats will easily win the AFC East.
They've essentially got 8 weeks to figure out how to patch together a secondary in an attempt to have any playoff success.

and, uh, yea... barring injury, the colts just won the AFC title... and may just go undefeated.
Undefeated....you care to wager on that one?
They srtill have Cincy, Pitt, Jax, SD and Sea on the schedule, they're gonna lose, probably end up 14-2.

Clearly they are the class of the league...anything short of a Superbowl victory will be a failure. They'll have home field and an indoor Superbowl, so like the 2001 Rams, they are gonna be heavy favorites to win it all, and if they play at the top of their game, they shall. That will play out over the next 3 months.

Chizip said:
looks like peyton is better than brady now
Looks that way, until of course you look at the numbers...both threw 3 TDs, Peyton was picked once, Tom zero, and Brady's QB rating was higher.
The Pats loss doesn't fall at the feet of Brady like so many of the Colts' recent Foxboro failures deservedly fell at Peyton's feet.

With a defense playing like it has the past few weeks, allowing teams like Buffalo as well as Indy to move at will, control large chunks of the game clock and convert 3rd downs at an alarming rate, The Pats won't go anywhere when the playoffs start.
Bill has a lot of work to do over the next 8 weeks.

So do you think Bernie Kukar is on Bill Belichick's Christmas card list?
Long before the challenge thing there was a very funny lip reading moment.
4th qurter, 11:07 left, after the much discussion and eventual false start call on Kazcur, ABC is showing aerial shots of Gillette, then pans down to Belichick, in the foreground you can see the ref running in and stopping play before the next snap (reset of the game clock), very clear on Bill's lips: "What's this motherf*cker doing now?"
Good stuff.

Congrats to the Colts, played extremely well.

U2Kitten said:
They were dominated on all sides of the ball.
I don't think I'd go that far. The Colts' offense dominated the Pats' D, no question.
The Colts' D was far from dominant.
Brady was perfect in the first half, if not for Dillon's fumble, it is either 14-14 or 14-10.
Indy's secondary looked mediocre (which is light year's ahead of NE's secondary at this point). On Branch's touchdown, it looked like the CB left Branch in the end zone so he could go cover the free safety :huh: .
Be sure that the Colts are the team to beat at this point, hands down, in the NFL. But the defense didn't dominate anyone last night, much like they didn't dominate the Rams a few weeks back on MNF and would have been in some trouble if Pick Bulger doesn't get hurt with a 17-0 lead.
The offense is still gonna hafta carry them.

Hewson said:
Brady was perfect in the first half, if not for Dillon's fumble, it is either 14-14 or 14-10.

well yes... but one could also argument that the colts were marching on the patriots at will... and if not for the interception, it is either 21-7 or 17-7 before the pats even tough the ball again.

let's get one thing perfectly clear... the colts dominated this game. from start to finish, they had complete control of the game... as a team. was the defense spectacular? no... did the offense make a mistake or two? yea... but they controlled the ball, they took the pats out of their game plan, they answered every mistake not be folding like a cheap suit... like they have in years past... but by simply going back out the next time and marching right back down the field. they had an answer for everything the patriots threw at them last night.

now that that's said and done... they still need to get the job done in the playoffs, otherwise this is meaningless. like the red sox finally beating the yankees... woo hooo... it's super, but if they didn't win the world series, it would've meant shit.

and as for undefeated... yes, i agree with you... i don't think they'll go undefeated... but they might. i wouldn't be shocked at this point... everyone was in full agreement that this game was by far their toughest one on the schedule... and they just smoked the pats. so it could happen... but i agree with you again... at the very least they'll go 14-2 and get the 1 seed throughout the playoffs, straight into deeetroit city.

and yes... anything short of a super bowl victory by the colts this season is a failure.

and how sweet would it be if peyton failed against eli :drool: :wink:

and on a side note... how 'bout the sour puss on tom brady's face at the end of the game last night, huh? he certainly doesn't take losing big games well... which is a good thing, of course... but i don't know if i'd show it on the field like that.

then again... it was the first big game as a pro that he's ever lost... so i imagine he's not used to it.

well considering the patriots defense is ranked 31st in the league, i dont know that id agree this game was "by far the toughest" on the colts schedule

let's get one thing perfectly clear... the colts dominated this game. from start to finish, they had complete control of the game.

The Colts' defense certainly didn't have control of the Pats' offense - however, when your team's offense controls the ball like they did last night, it's really not going to matter in the end.

Chizip said:
well considering the patriots defense is ranked 31st in the league, i dont know that id agree this game was "by far the toughest" on the colts schedule
It won't have played out that way, but I think Headache means that when the schedule came out in the summer, this was the toughest game facing the Colts, that combined with the stigma of past failures hanging over them, it loomed largest certainly.
If the Pats have their full defense on hand, it might be the Colts' toughest game, but with the collection of scrubs in the secondary currently, it wasn't as tough as some of their upcoming games should be.

and on a side note... how 'bout the sour puss on tom brady's face at the end of the game last night, huh? he certainly doesn't take losing big games well..
Word is Brady gets pissed if he loses a locker room backgammon game.
Very competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom