The Office Part 2: Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
'cause the Scranton party don't stop.

I'm going to rewatch last night's episode and see if I warm up to it.

Where was Toby though? Of all the moments it could have had, another classic Michael/Toby moment would've been great.

This title is awesome! I loved last night's episode...I honestly thought its was one of the funnier episodes this season. I loved the advice to Michael from the stripper "Secrets Secrets are no fun, Secret secrets hurt someone" . and then Michael "Great advice and it rhymed"
:lol:
Great episode overall

I thought there were some good parts, I watched the first couple of minutes when I made my comment about the awkwardness.

The Pam moments and the whole Ben Franklin thing I thought were awful.

Dwight helped the episode. I enjoyed him telling the stripper she needed to properly identify herself and then trying to make the Ben Franklin screw up ("I am 99% sure that that is not the real Ben Franklin.").

Alright, upon second viewing last night's episode wasn't as bad as I said before, but it's still not one of my favorites. The cold open though is the best since Future Dwight :lmao:

What episodes so far this season do you think stack up to last season's best? I say:

The Coup
Grief Counseling
The Convict
Traveling Salesman
A Benihana Christmas.

I'm really looking forward to the Joss Whedon and J.J. Abrams-directed episodes too.

Last edited:
Great title for the new thread.

I'm going to have to re-watch last night's ep. I wasn't that thrilled about it. Maybe because I'm getting a cold and everything sucks when you're sick. Hopefully, I'll find the funny.

However, there were plenty of hoyay moments:
GAI-Guys Afternoon In
Dwight wanting some man meat

And what is the consensus on Kelly's new shorter do?

I loved Ben Franklin.

Micheal wanted me to order a male stripper, so I called the Scholastic Speakers of Pennslyvania.

To answer BC's question from the previous thread, yes, Michael's ringtone is still My Humps.

My candidate for his next ringtone is Smach That by Akon. I think it would fit great along My Humps and Mambo No. 5 in the canon of Michael's ringtones.

The beauty of The Office is that you can keep watching it over and find new items you might have missed first time around.

Just in the opening of the latest episode:

"IF I die"
"I had an epiphary"
"thanks Pam"
"when I came to"

The DVR is the greatest invention EVER

Best part tonight: As Phyllis throws the bouquet Ryan blocks it out of the way of Kelly.

How about Creed switching the cards on the present?

:lmao:

Another Jim/Pam/Karen/Roy episode, amazing.

Next week's Joss Whedon episode better deliver.

I feel like the characters are becoming way too over the top. The show seems to be becoming more and more of a sitcom. Soon Dwight's gonna have a catch phrase.

I'll definitely watch the Whedon episode next week. That man is a god.

Joss Whedon's doing next week's episode? :hyper: I miss Buffy so much.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood, but I wanted someone to punch Michael in the face tonight. The scene during the wedding with the wheelchair and his "MR AND MRS BOB VANCE!" thing ... ugh. Gah!

I just want someone to lay the holiest of all smackdowns on him. Like Oscar did in the season premiere ... until he apologized, anyway.

Just when Michael starts getting sympathetic for me, he makes me want to kill him again.

Sorry, but last night's episode sucked. I'm afraid these characters are becoming caricatures of themselves, and I'm no longer invested in Pam and Jim as a couple. I just do not care. I wonder if this show is becoming a victim of its own success.

However, I'm holding out for next week's Josh Whedon episode. It better be good.

phillyfan26 said:
Best part tonight: As Phyllis throws the bouquet Ryan blocks it out of the way of Kelly.

Loved that part! I thought the episode was great, it was painful and awkward and sweet and ridiculous.

Now I can't decide which I want more--Jim and Pam together or Dwight and Angela to "come out"?

Apparently on January 27 a contract for a fourth season was signed.

Looks like we might not get any big payoff at the end of the season after all. If we do, I bet it'd be Dwight and Angela becoming public.

I know Jan and Michael's relationship will become public to the CFO in an upcoming episode.

And Rashida Jones aka Karen has signed on to do a new show for FOX next season.

I liked the episode last night. I really liked Scarantinacity.

"I thought they only played the police"

West-coasters and everyone else, this episode is killing me right now.

Queen Bee said:
Okay. That was my favorite episode

EVER

You know, after I watch it again, it might trump The Injury for me.

Thank you Joss Whedon, thank you.

He did actually, atleast I read he added some stuff here and there.

Next week is J.J. Abrams!

Last edited:
Liar!

Originally posted by Jenna Fischer

In this episode: Michael visits Ryan's business school class, Pam has her first art show, Dwight finds a bat in the office ceiling and Jim pretends that he is turning into a vampire. The episode was written by the terrifically talented Brent Forrester. (He also wrote The Merger.)

Edit: Oh, wait. Didn't catch your edit in the time it took me to find this :grumpy:

:grumpy:

I have a friend who's really starting to remind me of Pam, which isn't a bad thing.

Last edited:
I had to record it, but watching it later I enjoyed it sincerely. Jim's prank with the vampire was excellent. Michael's whole presentation was hilarious (four types of business AND the five Goliath's of America).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom