The Office Part 2: Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they would extend scenes like that (to a ridiculous Family Guy-level). I think it would just be adding other subplots to the episode.

I prefer the "supersized" episodes, 28 minutes of Office time is better than 20.

I feel like the regular episodes are really short and the supersize ones feel just right. It's the old George Constanza trick of leaving on a high note and wanting more rather than giving too much. I don't think the show would be as funny or as good if consistently stretched out to an hour. Have there been comedy shows that aired in hour episodes, cause I'm drawing a blank on that one.

The Office combined Traveling Salesman and The Return into one episode and added the bit about Andy leaving for anger management.

Other than that, I don't know any straight-forward comedies that have ever been an hour. CSI: Miami doesn't count.

I'm going to miss the supersized episode because I have a hot date Thursday night.

It will only be worth missing if I get cookie.

"But what if I'm hungry?"

I agree that a 45-minute time slot, like the super-sized episodes, with 28 minutes of the show, would be perfect for this show.

Best episode of the season and right up there with the best of the series.

"I'm not being sexist, I'm being mysogonistic."

"I'll just handle the traffic."

UberBeaver said:
What's a cold opening? First scene? I like Future Dwight and Jim Impersonating Dwight.

Future Dwight
Jim Impersonating Dwight
Michael's Video to his "son"

This season has been pretty great for cold openings.

The best part was Sex Predator Dwight looked like my Chemistry teacher, who we also suspect is a weirdo.

Last night's episode was awesome for so many reasons:

--Angela not wanting to shop at Gap Kids because the clothes are "too flashy"

--The men in the women's bathroom

--The wanted poster and Dwight's cluelessness

--Michael's wishes for everyone

--Pam, "I just said a lot of things."

So I don't know what's going to happen with the whole Jim-Pam-Karen thing and am thinking I don't care that much anymore, I sort of like the idea of Pam striking out on her own. But with the conversation Ryan had with Jim about his basically asking Karen out and the look Karen gave when Kelly was talking about her relationship with Ryan, maybe something will come of that next. Would be nice to see some couple drama that doesn't involve Jim and Pam. Of course, we also have Dwight and Angela.

I know my neighbor's have kids that are 10 years old that watch this show. The subject material of the past two episodes must be making them regret that decision! :lol:

I :heart: Pam.

It was a decent episode with funny bits (Andy in the water, Creed eating the fish), but nothing that spectacular. The finale better be good.

Yeah, that episode was just okay. It's nice to see Pam grow a (proverbial) pair though. I think the finale will be interesting.

Average episode. Andy in the water and Stanley being told to go to the back of the bus were the best parts.

I see Karen getting the job with corporate.

randhail said:
I see Karen getting the job with corporate.

That's the same thing I think will happen. If I had to guess, I'd say she gets the job and it causes even more tension between her and Jim, since I'm sure there would be plenty after tonight's revelations.

By the way, I always think Jenna Fischer looks gorgeous, but she looked really great in tonight's episode.

I was reading they filmed two endings to the finale because Rashida Jones/Karen filmed a pilot for a show on FOX that might get picked up.

Since it's on FOX, I think she'll end up saying on the show and getting the corporate job.

Plus, 5 bucks either Angela or Jan are pregnant.

I was hoping to see Jenna Fischer in the two-piece. :grumpy: Michael with his stupid notes.

It was an average episode.

This show makes me want to scream. Why doesn't anyone stand up to Michael and tell him to shove it up his ass? Or just tell him NO, for shit's sake. N-O.

Pam, I'm talking about you and those freaking hot dogs. Or the notes. Whichever. I won't consider you to have grown a spine until you tell Michael NO.

And please, there's no way in hell he'd even be considered for a promotion. I just can't keep overlooking the fact that there's no way in hell he wouldn't have been fired ages ago.

i actually quite enjoyed this episode,
the part with Andy floating down the lake
and Creed with the fish had me howling.
can't wait till next season! but then again, that means no new episodes till Fall?!?!?!

:grumpy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom