The Office Part 2: Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
COBL_04 said:

Also I've read that the show has become like a sitcom now. true or no?

I would say true. They still have the "talking head" scenes, where the characters give their opinion. And Jim will still look to the camera once and a while, but everything is so over the top now that it's not really a documentary.

I guess that's the way American TV works :)

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I just totally squealed right now. :heart:

And I cringed.

Good episode, but I feel like the Fonz is putting on his skis right now.

I loved them singing the cemetary at the end. I agree that this show is definetly not what it once was.

Yeah, the non-girly part of me did, too. The girly part of me can't help it when Jim does cute shit. :reject:

I hope this show bows out gracefully. Two more years, max and that could still happen. :crossesfingers:

My lady friend thinks of me as Jim sometimes, which is cool, since she's rather Pam-ish. So there's something riding on that part of the show for me. :wink:

Me too, but that's the difference between American and British sitcoms, I guess. As long as it makes $$$ for NBC, they'll try and keep it going forever - hopefully they'll pull a Lost and call an end date.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Good episode, but I feel like the Fonz is putting on his skis right now.

No idea what the hell this means.

I thought it was a good episode, more in the non-over the top category, which I liked. Good episode for the Michael character, too.

I get "jumping the shark," never saw Fonz and the skis before, though.

I felt that early in the season, but a few good episodes in the middle held out my hope.

Fonz + skis = jumping the shark.

Otherwise known as when a tv series starts to royally suck, gets too cheezy or predictible, etc. :nerd:

Did I do ok, LM?

Indeed. :up:

Just wanted to say it differently than usual, same analogy though.

The episode itself was funny, with the "5 families" joke killing me for at least a minute and Michael harrassing Phyllis, I'm just worried about the direction of the show overall though.

Two years ago I was the biggest Jam-shipper, but now? Meh. I still like Pam. I see her slowly growing and changing, but Jim does nothing for me anymore. He treats everything like a joke.

Golightly Grrl said:
Two years ago I was the biggest Jam-shipper, but now? Meh. I still like Pam. I see her slowly growing and changing, but Jim does nothing for me anymore. He treats everything like a joke.

I have a feeling that is going to play a big role in the future, Pam's evolution. :hmm:

I still think they're cute as hell. I mean, who doesn't want a relationship like that?

I bet she breaks Jim's heart and says NO whenever he asks.

OR

The final episode will be Jim and Pam's wedding, with Michael doing all he can to "make his mark" (ie ruin).

I keep bouncing between Freaks And Geeks and this show. I love F&G :love: but it's expensive cos it's the whole show on 10 dvds or something. This one is still on air so I am always hesitant to get it. So I end up not getting anythng. :| lol.

Zootlesque said:
Why do I keep missing this show??? :banghead:

Maybe I'll have to buckle and get Season 2 or 3 on dvd.

That's what I need to do, I only have Season 1. Last night was the first new episode I've seen in a really long time. I need to catch up.

Zootlesque said:
I keep bouncing between Freaks And Geeks and this show. I love F&G :love: but it's expensive cos it's the whole show on 10 dvds or something. This one is still on air so I am always hesitant to get it. So I end up not getting anythng. :| lol.

I never got into Freaks and Geeks, but want to.

The Season 1 disc of the Office is worth it, despite being so short. Those episodes are great. :yes:

If you don't buy the dvds, it's on TBS but I'm not sure when.

I know there is a multipack of Season One and Two out there. Maybe I'll get that one, online or something. :hmm:

April, have you given F&G a try though? It is sooooooo good! I think it's one of my fav shows ever... along with the Wonder Years which desperately needs a dvd release! :scream:

Sorry... don't mean to divert from the Office discussion.

Zootlesque said:
I know there is a multipack of Season One and Two out there. Maybe I'll get that one, online or something. :hmm:

April, have you given F&G a try though? It is sooooooo good! I think it's one of my fav shows ever... along with the Wonder Years which desperately needs a dvd release! :scream:

Sorry... don't mean to divert from the Office discussion.

I want to get into it, it's a matter of finding the time to sit and watch the dvds. Maybe over the summer. :hmm:

Plus, it's got James Franco in it, so that alone makes it worth checking out.

I liked the episode and am glad Michael and Jan are done, although I'm sure we'll see more of her in the future. Yay for Kevin and his small victory.

I am so crushing on Jim, wow! As a "Gilmore Girls" fan I am a little leary, though, that the writers will keep teasing us with Jim and Pam like we were teased with Luke and Lorelei on GG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom