The Office Part 2: Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, noone can pull off such ackwardness like the Office. That is what makes it so great. Glad to have it back.

I enjoyed that episode. Certainly not in the pantheon as far as Office episodes go, but funny.

Jim's face when he's in Jan's "workspace" is priceless, and I loved most of Michael's lines:

"That is a 200 dollar plasma screen TV! I'd like to see you pay that off with your 0 dollar a year salary!"

LemonMacPhisto said:
The 3 vasectomies... oh my God.

snip-snap, snip-snap, snip-snap.

Probably the best part of the episode.

Dwight bringing his babysitter was great, especially her bringing the old fashioned cooler.

I loved the size of the glasses Dwight brought to dinner, too.

Was Jim really about to ditch Pam though?

And the cops knowing Dwight by name.

That episode was definitely a re-watchable one, lots of good subtle stuff.

Looked like he was.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Was Jim really about to ditch Pam though?

Absolutely he would have.

I think for the two of them, the situation was so horrific that at first he tried to get them both out, but when that plan failed, he switched to self-preservation mode, and would have left without her. However, she reeled him back in with her "you can't buy a new dinner party" statement, as if to say "if I have to suffer through this, so do you."

People on another site (that I can barely read these days because it pisses me off) were saying how shitty of Jim it was to want to abandon her, but I heartily disagree. It's part of the comedic, oneupmanship, prankish elements their relationship has always had. I thought it was funny.

Lila64 said:

Glad you liked it, babe :wink:

I loved it, babe! :smilingtoconcealmybarelycontainedcontemptforyou:

:wink:

Last edited:
VintagePunk said:
People on another site (that I can barely read these days because it pisses me off) were saying how shitty of Jim it was to want to abandon her, but I heartily disagree. It's part of the comedic, oneupmanship, prankish elements their relationship has always had. I thought it was funny.

I totally agree, it was totally an every-man-for-himself situation and I think if Pam had the chance, she would have at least thought about ditching, too.

How cute was Jenna Fisher last night? Loved her dress and hair.

dsmith2904 said:

I totally agree, it was totally an every-man-for-himself situation and I think if Pam had the chance, she would have at least thought about ditching, too.

Exactly.

And I thought the same thing about Jenna, she was gorgeous!

VintagePunk said:
It's part of the comedic, oneupmanship, prankish elements their relationship has always had. I thought it was funny.

That makes the most sense.

Besides, he probably would've tried to get her out of the party afterward.

LemonMacPhisto said:

That makes the most sense.

Besides, he probably would've tried to get her out of the party afterward.

Or, he would have left her there and laughed about it after. lol

I'm kinda surprised to see so many meh reactions about this episode. I thought it was one of the best of the entire series. There was SO much going on in it. Can't wait to see it again.

I laughed out loud several times. Like I was saying to someone last night, while watching it, I felt like I was in the room with them. I felt horrified on behalf of the guests, and I felt embarrassed on behalf of Michael and Jan, all the while thinking it was hysterically funny. Not many shows tend to envelop me to that degree.

Yea, "The Office" is back!!

When Michael said the wine had an "oaky afterbirth" I laughed hysterically and then threw up into my mouth.

Jan, Jan, Jan-I was horrified by her behavior yet I kind of empathized with her too. Melora Hardin deserves some Emmy love.

Can Hunter's song be downloaded?

VintagePunk said:

I loved it, babe! :smilingtoconcealmybarelycontainedcontemptforyou:

:wink:

Back atcha, babe
lnr206.gif

dsmith2904 said:

About as cute as she is every time.

I can't decide between her and Leslie Feist for my #1. I just can't, gang.

VintagePunk said:

Or, he would have left her there and laughed about it after. lol

I'm kinda surprised to see so many meh reactions about this episode. I thought it was one of the best of the entire series. There was SO much going on in it. Can't wait to see it again.

I laughed out loud several times. Like I was saying to someone last night, while watching it, I felt like I was in the room with them. I felt horrified on behalf of the guests, and I felt embarrassed on behalf of Michael and Jan, all the while thinking it was hysterically funny. Not many shows tend to envelop me to that degree.

True.

I already really liked it, but I think I'll like it more after repeat viewings / talking to my friends about it.

can I just say that I think my favourite character on this show is Creed. He is just so fucking funny.

"Ok cya Ace. Oh thanks Ace. I'm not good with names."
"Jim has got it bad for Pam." "Ohhh... which one is Pam?"

But by far my faovurite line so far is Michael to Toby - "I hate everything... about the way you... choose to be" or words to that effect.

COBL_04 said:
"I hate everything... about the way you... choose to be" or words to that effect.

I hate so much about the things that you choose to be.

Wow, I guess I'm the only one thinking that on last week's episode...if just did not feel right for me.:|
Kinda, like they tried too hard.

And if you know me, you know I love this show.

Anyone know who I can email about when the fuck Season 3 will come out here in australia?

Or whether if I buy the DVD off ebay I can find a region 4 copy, or how to tell if i'll be able to play region 1 discs?

Also I've read that the show has become like a sitcom now. true or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom