The Office Part 2: Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. I've seen all of the British Office series, and I think it was excellent. Ricky Gervais is awesome. I still prefer the U.S. version, though. I think it helps that we've had a lot more episodes to flesh out the characters. And the US version has Creed -- 'nuff said.

I watched the first season of Extras and thought it was pretty good, but not as good as either US or UK Office. I have the second season, which I haven't gotten around to watching yet.

SeattleVertigo said:

I watched the first season of Extras and thought it was pretty good, but not as good as either US or UK Office. I have the second season, which I haven't gotten around to watching yet.

I thought the second season of Extras was much better than the first. You're in for a treat.

No. That's it. They had eight done, and were in the middle of filming the ninth when the strike started. Since Steve Carell is a writer as well as an actor, they couldn't finish the episode with him now on strike.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I have never watched a single episode with commentary.

Make over the break. :hmm:

Who does them? Anyone good?

They're absolutely fantastic. My favorite part of the DVDs. It's usually five to eight people, half actors, half writers, and occassionally the director. Steve Carell doesn't do any, but pretty much everyone else is involved in at least one.

About a third of the episodes from each season have commentaries.

Do I have a shit copy of Season One or something? All mine has is deleted scenes.

It's great to hear them as real people. I love commentaries. A lot of great stuff on there. Hearing Brian Baumgartner was quite a shock.

Man season two is so good. About halfway through, so y'all gunna have to suffer with me bumping this with random qoutes.

"Nobody's looking after me Mum. No I'm not going to ring Jan. She'll just gut really worried and come in here and make a big fuss. How do you know? What is Pam doing talking to you?"

I was sad when the boat left without Toby too, cos I really like Toby. But then he turned around and said "I shouldn't've stopped for dinner" and I was happy.

Found this on Bestweekever.tv:

MASH-UPS: The Dwight Knight
As we wait for The Office to return to the air and The Dark Knight to finally make its way into theaters (both should happen sometime in Summer ‘08), some clever prankster has made the following mash-up, in which Scranton’s own Dark Knight (or “Dark Dwight“, if you will) must do battle against a certain evil-doing “Joker” named Jim Halpert. Can Dunder-Gotham be saved?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2EEzqf1YVY

Lila64 said:
Found this on Bestweekever.tv:

MASH-UPS: The Dwight Knight
As we wait for The Office to return to the air and The Dark Knight to finally make its way into theaters (both should happen sometime in Summer ‘08), some clever prankster has made the following mash-up, in which Scranton’s own Dark Knight (or “Dark Dwight“, if you will) must do battle against a certain evil-doing “Joker” named Jim Halpert. Can Dunder-Gotham be saved?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2EEzqf1YVY

:lmao:

That killed me. This did too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InxhUWev5EA

COBL_04 said:
Do I have a shit copy of Season One or something? All mine has is deleted scenes.

Season one has commentaries too, if that's what you're asking. I took this from Amazon, because I couldn't remember off the top of my head who was featured in each commentary:

"Pilot" Commentary With Steve Carell, John Krasinski/Wilson, Rainn and BJ Novak

"Pilot" Commentary With John Krasinski, Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer, BJ Novak and Executive Producers Greg Daniels

"Diversity Day" Commentary With Steve Carell, John Krasinski, Rainn Wilson, BJ Novak and Executive Producer Greg Daniels

"The Alliance" Commentary With John Krasinski, Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer, BJ Novak, Executive Producer Greg Daniels, Consulting Producer Larry Wilmore, Writers Paul Lieberstein, Mindy Kaling and Michael Schur

"Basketball" Commentary With Steve Carell, John Krasinski, Rainn Wilson, BJ Novak and Executive Producer Greg Daniels

Sometimes there are so many people that it gets confusing, but after a while, you get to know their voices.

Well I must have a shit copy... cos the only special features on mine are the deleted scenes :confused:

And Larry Wilmore... I heard him in one of S2 commentaries and he sounded familiar. Did he not play the Diversity Day host? And who was the CFO in the ep when Michael went to New York? I've seen him somewhere too.

Anyone with an idea for a Region 4 release for S3?

I think Larry Wilmore was the Diversity Day guy.

The CFO (David Wallace) is played by a guy who's a real businessman in LA who's not an actor.

Yes, I really like the way he plays that character. I like the character too. He's a good boss character, someone that is realistic and reasonable, but still does what he has to do.

COBL_04 said:
And who was the CFO in the ep when Michael went to New York? I've seen him somewhere too.

The David Wallace character (Andy Buckley) is played by a guy who was an actor, got out of it and went to work at an investment bank type place. According to the commentary he still works in finance and takes time off to play David.

You may have seen him from when he acted full time.

Just finishing up season 2 of the BBC version. I love them both. I will have to say that David Brent has now made it into my TV characters Hall of Fame.

One of the most disgusting, smug, pieces of shit ever put on film :) At least Michael has some heart and feelings. David is all about David, and he never changes.

There were times watching the show that I felt embarrassed and almost had to fast forward through it.

Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom