The Office Part 2: Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to watch them as two separate episodes viewed together, but it's hard not too.

Too much of a good thing is too much, I guess.

From the looks of it, "The Job" is the exception to the rule for them as hour long episodes.

Like the other hour-longs, there were moments of hilarity:

The cold open
Dwight vs. the computer
The Michael/Ryan bit
Green Eggs & Ham
The kidnapping bit

but stream-lined by some pretty mundane stuff and the unneccesary Andy/Angela thing.

I dug it but am excited to see these split to half-hour episodes because the hour does seem a bit long at some points. Maybe they should have just "super-sized" the episodes to 40 minutes instead.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
The Angela/Andy thing was cringeworthy. Abba? Come on. :yikes:

As for the rest of it, it definitely had its moments. It was an improvement over last week, for sure.

I don't know why, because normally I think Andy is just too over the top, but I actually found that little bit kind of cute, in an "awww, he's trying to be sweet" kind of way.

But then I'm a sap. :wink:

Diemen said:

I don't know why, because normally I think Andy is just too over the top, but I actually found that little bit kind of cute, in an "awww, he's trying to be sweet" kind of way.

But then I'm a sap. :wink:

I thought it was cute, too. I also liked how Angela let go a little, just a little, and had a small smile.

^Agreed, that scene with Angela and Andy was endearing, and one of the first times I've kinda liked him.

That said, Dwight has been breaking my heart for the past few episodes. I want him and Angela to be all cute and and happy (well, as happy as it's possible for two nutcases to be) and secretive again. :)

Seriously...Dwight made me sad this week:sad: :sad:
even though he killed her cat:ohmy: He thought he was doing a good thing

I've never seen an episode of the Office. Well...I watched the series premiere right after the Super Bowl a few years back, but the Eagles lost the game and I was a little boozed, so I wasn't exactly in the greatest state of mind.

Where/how should I start?

I'd start chronologically. So rent Season 1 (only 6 episodes), then go onto Seasons 2 & 3 (22 episodes each I believe.)

Yeah, and while it's necessary to do it in order, don't be turned off by Season One! Season Two and Season Three kick its ass in quality (as well as well as quantity).

SeattleVertigo said:
I had some laughs, but the kidnapping thing went too far. In real life, they'd pretty much be forced to terminate Michael for something like that!

I'M SAYIN'!!!!! :wink:

I was mollified by Michael realizing he'd done something incredibly stupid at the end. That helps a long way with me - to have him admit to doing something assinine, not insisting on seeing it through to the end, even if deep inside he knows he's being an idiot asshole.

I liked this week's episode - the ABBA/Andy thing was gold. I'm really looking forward to the normal half-hour episodes, though. An hour is too much, and they're stretching the plots too thin; I don't see them as two separate episodes.

I saw it. It was decent. Probably about the same as the opener, for me.

Dwight's beard :rockon:

How about the generous tip Dwight gave on the $65 (approx) pizzas from the RIGHT restaurant? A whole $2.00!

I loved the Jim/Pam pranking of the instant messenger on Dwight.
And Angela giving that slight smile at the end of Andy's singing

Going to a club called chatroom and the password to get in is password :shh: :lol:

I thought the cold opener was so funny. Especially because I have caught myself staring at the DVD menu many times before waiting for it to hit the corner. It almost never does but is adicting. I almost died when they opened the episode with that. Yes!

drdre12 said:
I thought the cold opener was so funny. Especially because I have caught myself staring at the DVD menu many times before waiting for it to hit the corner. It almost never does but is adicting. I almost died when they opened the episode with that. Yes!

I forgot about that - that made me laugh more than anything I've seen so far this season on the show. So :up: for that.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I was at Target this weekend, saw the Office stuff in the dollar bins and had to get some. :nerd:

My friend picked up the Dwight magnet reminder board for me. She's so sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom