The Office Part 2: Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im mad at myself. i haven't watched an episode in its entirety yet and i tuned in last night to see that jim and pam are together. i've seen enough fanvids to know what was (not) going on between them. now i'm just kinda mad at myself for missing the whole sexual tension thing. the possibility of relationship is more fun than the actual relationship to me. i mean, that's what kept x-files going for so long! (before it fell to crap when mulder left).

I loved last night's episode. Thought it was a major improvement from the first episode of the season. I don't find Jim to be cocky at all, but maybe that's just me. I also like that there are cringe-worthy moments in the show.....they're deliberate and I enjoy them.

As usual, Toby continues to crack me up, no matter what he says or does.

Kelly's funny, in a really ditzy sort of way. The woman who plays her is very smart. I wonder what it's like playing a character 50 IQ points lower than you? <wink>

Garbage the Cat was awesome. I lost it when Dwight left him in that other office.

dsmith2904 said:
I liked that Ryan snapped at Michael because it felt like time that someone should.

Me too.

I hated the driving into the lake bit, because MY GOD, is Michael really that stupid? Yes, he's extremely clueless, but jesus christ he is NOT a complete blithering moron.

This show is becoming painful for me because more and more I just find myself screaming

WHY IN HOLY NAME DOES THIS MAN STILL HAVE A JOB???????

I mean honestly! It's just beyond the realm of believability at this point. I really, really hate Michael. No matter what they try to do to make him sympathetic, it's failing.

corianderstem said:

Me too.

I hated the driving into the lake bit, because MY GOD, is Michael really that stupid? Yes, he's extremely clueless, but jesus christ he is NOT a complete blithering moron.

This show is becoming painful for me because more and more I just find myself screaming

I mean honestly! It's just beyond the realm of believability at this point. I really, really hate Michael. No matter what they try to do to make him sympathetic, it's failing.

He's still more believable than most of the characters on Grey's Anatomy.

That's fine, but I don't give a rat's ass about Grey's Anatomy. I give a rat's ass about the writers doing everything they can do make me hate a character so much, it affects my enjoyment of the whole show.

:grumpy:

corianderstem said:

Me too.

Yeah, I hear you. Since the show is successful they're going to drag it on, and that includes adding a lot of filler and silly situations - the driving into the lake was over the top, though I liked the conversation that led up to it- which turns it into every other sitcom. Hopefully they pull it back.

Yeah, I feel bad for Toby too. He's mostly a good guy; deserves some happiness. But I guess the writers don't think that would be funny.

Cori, do you think Michael is worse this year than ever? I was thinking he's about the same in obnoxiousness as in previous seasons, but I could be wrong.

His character makes me uncomfortable, sure, but I still get a ton of laughs out of him. And Steve Carell does such a great job.

UberBeaver said:

the driving into the lake was over the top

Of course it's not believable that someone would drive into the lake in that situation, but so much of comedy (and drama and, well, TV period) is hyperbole anyway. I don't take the show seriously seriously -- I thought it was funny!

I don't know if he's more obnoxious now than he was before. If he is, it's not by much. It's been my pet peeve of the show for a while now.

And I never thought that Michael Scott himself is unbelievable - I find it supremely unbelievable that he's still employed.

corianderstem said:

And I never thought that Michael Scott himself is unbelievable - I find it supremely unbelievable that he's still employed.

In an ideal world, yeah. But I've had two or three bosses who were worse (can you believe it?), and there's a whole workforce of bad apples out there.

I still can't believe there's a road going into a lake. I think that's more unrealistic than Michael driving into it.

I hope the day never dawns where I watch a sit-com for believability. I watch it to laugh, and if it's realistic, great, and if it's not realistic, great.

No spoken words said:
I hope the day never dawns where I watch a sit-com for believability. I watch it to laugh, and if it's realistic, great, and if it's not realistic, great.

:up:

I really dug this episode. The Big callback and Dwight's reference to the Shoah Foundation absolutely killed me.

Ryan bothers me now than he did before, did not know that was possible.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Ryan bothers me now than he did before, did not know that was possible.

:yes:

I think they scripted Michael's anger at him way too early. I wish they'd played it more like in the beginning with his talking head about the twinkle in his eye (which killed me), and continued that for a while. Like, Michael still thinks they're cool with each other, while Ryan clearly isn't a fan of his.

I do think they're using Andy's character very well, and I love how he's becoming buddies with Kevin.

I missed the season premiere..but thats ok i had a better time in philly :D
and i forgot about this weeks episode.
how is it so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom