The Office Part 2: Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
I thought it was an odd episode. I need to re-watch.

Definitely.

Was I the only one who found Jim and Pam a bit annoying in this episode? I can understand they're both happy, but there's a line between happy and smug, you know?

It was funny, but not quite the season starter I was expecting.

I think they really did a poor job with the Jim-Pam, too. That was what I found odd. The Michael antics were in line with his, for the most part, but that whole thing kind of bugged me.

I think it was tough being such a turning point in the series, but considering the relative smoothness of Gay Witch Hunt, this one seemed a little off.

Everyone on Facebook's Season 4 premiere page seems to love it, if that's any consolation.

Now if we can just get some YouTube comments, you'll have a double dose of really stupid comments.

My overall thoughts were like Dwight said about Michael's breath: Good, not great.

I really liked the episode.

And although it's backordered, I already placed an order for my Fun Run shirt. I'm definitely looking forward to getting that in the mail.

It started well ... I liked Kevin's attempts to find out about Jim and Pam but it really went downhill after the first 10 or 15 minutes. It seemed a bit scattered in general but I guess that's going to happen once in a while with hour long episodes.

Hope it's better next week!

I saw this hour-long like last season's Traveling Salesmen and The Return. Both follow the same 2-episode arc, but have their own definite endings to each episode, you know?

This was probably done as a 1 hour because of network pressure and/or there's really good stuff waiting to air after these hour-longs.

I'm hoping for the latter.

I liked it. It didn't reach the highest of The Office highs, but there were some great moments. A lot of hilarious Michael talking heads.

And I was really happy to see Pam and Jim so happy. They looked great together!

I need to rewatch the episode. I thought it was good, but not really amazing which is what I expected for a season opener. Last year's Gay Witch Hunt was really well done for a season opener and this one was just OK. I felt it was stretched in too many places.

While Jim and Pam are beyond cute...I am dissapointed that the whole revelation wasn't bigger. I mean after three seasons they are FINALLY together...a huge moment that many people were looking forward too and it seemed kind of small.

The second viewing is always better anyway and I hope that next weeks episode is amazing. They need to get back into the office...that's where the best parts of the show take place.

I thought it was funny...the whole Dwight / Angela/ kitty thing was funny in a sick way...the shredded french fry bags made me laugh....and that opening scene was priceless:wink:

I liked the episode and was, of course, SO happy to see Jim and Pam together. The thing with Andy's nipples grossed me out, though. Did they have to bleed?

I'm excited to see Ryan as the boss. Jan had only a small idea of how much time Michael could waste, Ryan knows all to well. Maybe Michael will finally have to pay for being a flake this season.

And the little fish, big dog thing was funny.

They need to stop leaving the office so much. Those episodes are always hit or miss and lately they have been a lot of miss. The funny parts in these last two episodes could all have happened in the office. The run was meh. Again they need to stay in the office more. :wink:

I have no idea why, but Michael sitting there talkin about which animal they should sacrifice to cracked me up.

I thought the episode was ok, definitely funny at times but not 60 minutes worth of me cracking up. I agree that the run was meh.

Pam sure seemed not just happier but more assertive.

They HAD to make at least part of the episode about Pam and Jim, which ultimately hurt it. I think LMP said it best, they seemed a bit smug about the whole thing.

This episode felt like the Initiation to me: a great idea (Dwight's beet farm is introduced as he tries to teach Ryan about sales in odd ways; a charity race about a ridiculous charity) that they flat out missed with.

On the upside, Michael was very good throughout the episode:

"The doctor's did everything they could ... and she's going to be OK."

"Yes, but I also hit her with company property, so ... double jeopardy, so we're fine."
"I don't think you understand how jeopardy works."
"Oh, sorry ... what is we are fine?"

"I may have puked my guts, but I didn't puke my heart."

No spoken words said:
I have no idea why, but Michael sitting there talkin about which animal they should sacrifice to cracked me up.

Absolutely floored me.

finally got to see it ! i loved it , :lmao: the whole way but mabey it was because i was just so happy to have new episodes.. pam and jim :heart: sorry but i just love them , :reject: but i wonder where they will go with it now it is out there?

gotta get me a support the rabid wrist band :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom