The Office Part 2: Ain't No Party Like a Scranton Party - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #166
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:44 PM
Blades of Glory shot her up 20 spots I bet.

Quote:
Rainn Wilson will star in the comedy Girlfriend Experience for DreamWorks, with Montecito partners Ivan Reitman and Tom Pollock to produce, says Variety.

Mark and Brian Gunn, the cousins who recently scripted Mighty Mouse for Nickelodeon Films and Paramount, will write the screenplay.

Wilson, who came up with the idea, will play a lonely geek who, in an effort to make himself seem more desirable, hires a prostitute to pretend she's his girlfriend.
Hooray for Dwight!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20081

Old 04-27-2007, 07:11 PM   #167
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:44 PM
No comments on last night's episode? How is that even possible? OK, highlights:

Jim being Dwight (of course)
The watermark and Dwight's comments on it
Kelly training Angela to be more of a people-person
Andy's girlfriend being in high school
Michael's press conference
Dwight being Jim (the eyes were priceless)

Next week's episode starts a little later than usual (everything's getting Super Sized as the season winds down, I guess):

WOMEN'S APPRECIATION
Special Time 8:36/7:36c TV14

CAN'T LIVE WITH 'EM, CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT 'EM - Outrage breaks out in the office after Phyllis (Phyllis Smith) gets an unexpected eyeful from a flasher. Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) makes some important personal decisions when he takes the women on a special outing. Meanwhile, Dwight (Rainn Wilson) and Andy (Ed Helms) work on catching the predator. John Krasinski, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, Melora Hardin, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Paul Lieberstein, Oscar Nunez, Rashida Jones and Creed Bratton also star.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:52 PM   #168
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I do have to say, the sex appeared to be consensual, since they both has smiles on their faces.

Schrute/Bernard in '08, seriously. I'd vote for that if that were real.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #169
Refugee

Local Time: 10:44 PM
In a rather tepid season, I thought this was an excellent episode. I cracked up over Jim and Dwight imitating each other. They were spot on! Kelly enthusiastically training the accountants in customer relations was very funny, as was Angela's difficulty in dealing with customer complaints. I used to work in retail; I felt her pain.

And sadly the biayatch customer who wanted Michael to resign was so spot on. Like I mentioned, I worked in retail, and far too many customers take "the customer is always right" to mean "I completely dehumanize you and ruin your life."

Andy finding out his girlfriend was still in highschool was rather cringeworthy, but what would an episode of the Office be without a cringeworthy moment?

Michael's spin control of the naughty watermark (press conference, apology tape) was pure Michael. And did anyone catch a call out to Michael's script "Threat Level Midnight?" I love these small touches.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #170
Refugee

"Beer me that disc."

"The only difference between me and a homeless man is this job."

Solid Episode.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:36 PM   #171
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I think this season has more standout episodes than last season, but some equally bad ones.

Top 10 material:
The Convict
The Negotiation
Business School
The Coup
Traveling Salesman

The Bad (I mean, skip on the DVD bad):
Diwali
The Convention
Phyllis's Wedding

That being said, I still like Season 2 more.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:25 PM   #172
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
And did anyone catch a call out to Michael's script "Threat Level Midnight?" I love these small touches.
I was the only one out of probably six people to laugh (loudly, I might add) when he said that. All of my casual Office fan pals didn't get the reference and I had to explain it to him.

I watched The Client before bed last night in honor of Michael Scarn, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Dwigt.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:09 PM   #173
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

I was the only one out of probably six people to laugh (loudly, I might add) when he said that. All of my casual Office fan pals didn't get the reference and I had to explain it to him.

I watched The Client before bed last night in honor of Michael Scarn, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Dwigt.
Dwigt, hee!
Old 04-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #174
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I love when shows reference past jokes, it's rewarding for the hard-core fans (like what Arrested Development would do)
Old 04-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #175
The Fly

I liked when Michael told Dwight to clean up the office for the press confrence, he covered up Phyllis with a plant.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #176
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
I love when shows reference past jokes, it's rewarding for the hard-core fans (like what Arrested Development would do)
Funny you should bring that up. I normally call my dad after Office episodes to discuss them and talk about what jokes we loved. I mentioned that during Michael's taped apology, the fact that he referred to the watermark as a "watermark boner" was very Arrested Development. Perfect word choice.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #177
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:44 PM
I knew it was going to be a good one when my mom called me during the opening and all I heard on the other end was laughter.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:35 AM   #178
ONE
love, blood, life

Why are you the way that you are?
Old 05-01-2007, 08:59 PM   #179
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
CNNMoney.com posted an article today on NBC Universal CEO Jeff Zucker. Toward the end of the second page of the article is an intriguing tidbit about The Office:

At NBC’s “upfront” presentation to advertisers on May 14, Zucker says he expects NBC to unveil five new programs — three dramas, one comedy, and one reality show — for its fall schedule. Zucker and Reilly are considering stretching The Office to an hour and canceling the original Law & Order.
What do you guys think? The next few episodes are going to be "supersized" and the finale is going to be a full-hour. I'm thinking NBC's testing whether or not an hour-long Office will work.

I think it will, the scenes they cut before broadcast are still quality bits, they just aren't that essential to that episode.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:05 PM   #180
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

What do you guys think? The next few episodes are going to be "supersized" and the finale is going to be a full-hour. I'm thinking NBC's testing whether or not an hour-long Office will work.

I think it will, the scenes they cut before broadcast are still quality bits, they just aren't that essential to that episode.
I'd prefer the half hour format. An hour-long Office would take comedic bits like Jim dressing as Dwight and expand them out of being funny. Comedy is all about timing.