The Office.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:
The Merger:

The Scranton branch and the Stamford branch of Dunder-Mifflin are merged, bringing old friends Jim and Pam back together after months apart. Michael and Dwight and the other employees deal with the changes.

It'll be strange having both Andy and Dwight working together. Andy was basically the "Dwight" at Stamford... I dunno, hopefully it'll work.

SpaceOddity said:

It'll be strange having both Andy and Dwight working together. Andy was basically the "Dwight" at Stamford... I dunno, hopefully it'll work.

Dwight said he wanted another ally. :shrug:

I see them being rivals, since Jim will be interacting more with Pam and Karen.

I haven't read the episode descriptions since I like to remain spoiler-free but it seems like avoiding discussion on those future episodes will be difficult to skim over as well.

Goodbye thread
grumpywave.gif

I'm sorry for posting spoilers like that. I won't do that again and ruin it for you guys.

Oddly enough, I didn't care about future episode spoilers on THIS show! :wink:

By the way, I saw Hiro in an episode of "Scrubs" on DVD last night. I was all, "Hey! It's Hiro!" And then I was like, "Cool."

I wasn't home last Thursday so I had to tape this episode. I finally got to see it last night, well worth the wait.

I was giggling during Michael's “Indian Awareness” seminar, complete with the Kama Sutra and Creed’s recognition of one of the positions. And Michael’s imitation of Kelly describing Diwali was hilarious. I adore Kelly but she is too much of a Chatty Cathy. I find that tiring in a person. BTW, the woman who plays Kelly, Mindy Kaling, wrote this episode and her family members were on the show at the Diwali.

I cringed when Carol rebuffed Michael’s proposal and Pam rebuffed his kiss. Yes, I know Michael can be a buffoon and often puts his foot in his mouth, but I am so unbelievably drawn towards him. I almost want him. I can’t explain it.

Drunk Jim riding his bike into the bushes may have been a very sitcomy moment but it did make me laugh. However, if he does hook up with Karen I hope it’s just for a regrettable booty call. I’m a total Pam/Jim shipper.

I loved the Diwali scenes just for the fact I think Indian saris are so beautiful and I love Indian food. And that Indian guy dancing with Pam? Rowr!

Could Angela be more of a bitch? I want to kick her bony blonde ass!!! She's always been rigid and uptight but she's bordering on racist.

Golightly Grrl said:
Drunk Jim riding his bike into the bushes may have been a very sitcomy moment but it did make me laugh.

That's because it's Jim, and Jim is the man. It's not everyday you see the man in his drunk state.

"I'm a drunk driver..."

:lol:

As an Englishman I favour the Original English show. I was going to say English version but I am not sure its two 'versions' of the same show.

When The Office first aired in England it was so brillianlty identifiable that you weren't sure if it was a show or a documentary!

The Office - An American Workplace does seem to be more of a show.

Both are great takes on an idea tailored to its native audience.Am I right to say that Ricky Gervais and Steve marchant consulted rather than wrote the American version ? I may be wrong.

Anyway my now long winded point is that both shows are brilliant in their own styles, both are equally cringe worthy and both represent characters that are out there in every office day in day out making decisions from what thickness of paper you need to how to properly allocate funds in a hospital...frightening!

PS The two receptionists uncannily have something very attractive about them!

randhail said:
Does anyone else here like waking up to the smell of bacon?

:hyper: Oh yeah I do.

I'm with Michael, I don't see what's so hard to believe about that story.

Best episode of the new season so far.

Next week's is going to be amazing.

That was the best opening ever.

Great episode overall, I still rank The Initiation higher, but not by much.

Good episode!

I'm kind of bummed they're going down the romantic triangle route, though. I guess it was kind of one before when Pam was still engaged, but now that it's after the Jim/Pam kiss, it just seems so pedestrian.

I mean, is that really the best they could come up with? Ooh, now there's another woman involved! Oh no, the tension! Oh no, who's Jim going to end up with?

This show deserves better than that storyline. :(

Plus, I still don't like whats-her-name. (Seriously, I can never remember her name.)

Holy shit they finally nailed New Girl's makeup this week. She hasn't looked this good since the first episode of the new season. I don't usually ogle the television ladies, but my oh my she's gorgeous.

snapshot20061110002850gs6.jpg

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
Holy shit they finally nailed New Girl's makeup this week. She hasn't looked this good since the first episode of the new season. I don't usually ogle the television ladies, but my oh my she's gorgeous.

snapshot20061110002850gs6.jpg

Her mom was super mega hot on the Mod Squad:drool: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom