The Office.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
Yeah, not a great episode. Loved drunk Jim trying to ride his bike and Michael mistaking it for a costume party.

Those were definite highlights

also:

The Diwali teaching session in the conference room
Michael's "Sandler" Song
and Kevin's foot disease remark

were good.

I laughed when Kelly's parents were talking to Ryan and her mom asked him if he was saving his money to start a family and he says "or for travel...and an x-box."

There were a few good moments last night, but I'm kind of thinking this season isn't as good (i.e., as funny) as last season. I'm bummed. :(

corianderstem said:
There were a few good moments last night, but I'm kind of thinking this season isn't as good (i.e., as funny) as last season. I'm bummed. :(

I wonder if part of the reason behind this is because the original version only lasted two seasons and now the US version is kind of "on its own", so to speak. Not that I haven't enjoyed this season, but I see what some are saying.

It's a different show from the UK version in many ways, but one of them is that I think they try and make Michael Scott more sympathetic than the writers of the UK version made David Brent.

Maybe that's one of its weaknesses. It makes you feel a little worse laughing at Michael Scott, and maybe that makes the show lose a little bit of edge.

Also, I really don't like this Karen person ... and I'm not even one of those "PAM AND JIM 4EVAH!!!!!!11!!" kind of people. :wink:

Anyway. It's still one of the better shows on TV, and it's still worth watching, so there you go. Dwight still makes me laugh and cringe in that wonderful way, so I agree with RedRocksU2. Dwight makes it worth it. :up:

My favorite part of last night's episode was Dwight's utterly intent, serious expression as he played guitar during Michael's song. HA!

That, and Ed Helms and Tuna singing "Closer to Fine." Double HA!

corianderstem said:

Gay Witch Hunt, The Coup, and The Initiation were all funnier than any of the episodes of Season 2, imo.

god, last night's episode, when Michael grabbed the mic and you knew he was going to be an idiot and propose, hilarious.

Jim and Andy! :rockon: i'm glad they're not making Andy out to be the douche he was in the first episode.

if you guys only knew what's going to happen in the next couple weeks. . . :whistle: :ohmy: :hyper:

Um ... Karen Carpenter. Yeah, that's who I mean. I don't like her.

Well, I mean, she had a gorgeous voice and I'm sorry she's dead and all, but um ... yeah. I don't like that Karen Carpenter person.

Carry on, Pam.

:shifty:

:hmm:

I think I'd better go order some more rubber bands and paperclips now. (Target practice and all. :shifty: )

Be right back. I probably shouldn't be on the internet too much after all, seeing as how Michael is lurking around.

Pam Beesly said:
:hmm:

I think I'd better go order some more rubber bands and paperclips now. (Target practice and all. :shifty: )

Be right back. I probably shouldn't be on the internet too much after all, seeing as how Michael is lurking around.

Yeah, how is that daily log of his looking? Any Bill Cosby impersonations today?

phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, how is that daily log of his looking? Any Bill Cosby impersonations today?

No. He and Dwight were in his office most of the day.

With the blinds drawn.

Time for me to go home and change into my pjs. Crazy Friday night in the life of this single gal! ;)

Hein86.gif

Pam is that YOU?

Amour77.gif

Inclassable06.gif

discothequeLP said:

Gay Witch Hunt, The Coup, and The Initiation were all funnier than any of the episodes of Season 2, imo.

god, last night's episode, when Michael grabbed the mic and you knew he was going to be an idiot and propose, hilarious.

Jim and Andy! :rockon: i'm glad they're not making Andy out to be the douche he was in the first episode.

if you guys only knew what's going to happen in the next couple weeks. . . :whistle: :ohmy: :hyper:

The Initiation was a classic, but it's better than The Injury or The Booze Cruise?

que?

que?!

-- the brain teasers at the beginning
-- 'and just as you have planted this beet seed into the groud, so will i plant my seed in you'
-- ' . . . that sounds great, thanks dwight!'
-- 'congratulations resourceful salesman!' *funniest salute ever*
-- 'welcome, to shrute farm!'
-- dwight's test of ryan, especially 'also, i would have accepted. . . snakes'
-- 'just get in the coffin'
-- kevin & michael -- that one song
-- egging that company's office
-- 'temp! temp! temp! temp. . . ryan! ryan! ryan!'
- the phone call!

better than booze cruise, almost better than the injury

The next set of episodes:

Branch Closing:

When Jan tells Michael that the Scranton Branch will be shutting down, Michael strives to keep his staff's spirits up. Meanwhile, everyone privately begins to envision how their lives will change in the aftermath.

The Merger:

The Scranton branch and the Stamford branch of Dunder-Mifflin are merged, bringing old friends Jim and Pam back together after months apart. Michael and Dwight and the other employees deal with the changes.

The Convict:

Michael discovers that one of his new coworkers has a criminal past, written by series creators Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.

we all knew this was happening sooner or later.

discothequeLP said:
thanks, spoiler alert! :wink:

btw The Merger will be 40 mins long :drool:

It's on the NBC website and WikiPedia, plus they've been introducing new characters + Jan asked Pam to monitor Michael, not that much of a surprise.

And look at what happened on the BBC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom