the office

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
is the best show ever.

every single scene in the british version is classic and memorable.

the us version is also tremendous, and season two has been nothing short of brilliant.

please discuss, and add quotes. now.

Haven't seen the US one, but I have the complete British series on DVD. The 2nd season is better than the first, IMO.

Every once and again, a call will come through on my mobile from a friend of mine. Each time, she goes:

"You're a cock!"

and hangs up.

Classic.

:bow: The Office

Just wait till the Inter-Brits see this and start bashing the US version!

“We go there every Wednesday night, and it’s a fun place, but it’s full of loose women. My own problem with that is venereal disease, which is disabilitating right, especially for a soldier. And it’s irresponsible to the rest of your unit as well, right. You’ve been under attack for days, there’s a soldier down, he’s wounded, gangrene’s setting in, ‘who’s used all the penicillin?’ ‘Oh, Mark Paxon sir, he’s got knobrot of some tart.’”
Gareth (Series 1 Episode 5)

loads more to be had at:
http://homepage.mac.com/elliottday/theoffice/quotes1.html

office_dance.jpg
:lmao:

“There are limits to my comedy. There are things that I’ll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there’s nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. It’s like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go ‘ooh, look at him, he’s not able-bodied. I am, I’m prejudiced.’ Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fella is able-minded. Unless he’s not, it’s difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones.”

I love the Brit version:bow:

Tim to Gareth: "Did you catch that movie last night, Gaylord Says No?"
Gareth: "No."

:wink:
The American version is on TV over here I think though I haven't got around to watching it yet.

I love both versions but my favorite one is the British one. Gareth and David make me laugh way too hard for my own good. My favorite moments from the British one are when Tim puts the dildo in David's office and he can't turn it off, and the picture below

youreawsome9tu.gif

Various quotes below:

areth: In this room I have special...
Tim: ... needs?
Gareth: No, in this room I am a special...
Tim: ... needs child?
Gareth: No, and that's not even funny.

Gareth: Condoms come in all different flavours nowadays. There's strawberry and curry and that. Do you like curry?

Rowan: Gareth, quick trust exercise, ultimate fantasy?
Gareth: Hmm?
David Brent: We're just doing the ultimate fantasy, we're all doing it.
Gareth: Two lesbians probably, sisters. I'm just watching.
Rowan: OK. Erm. Tim? Do you have one?
Tim: I'd never thought I'd say this, but can I hear more from Gareth please?

Last edited:
Gareth: He knows I don't like jelly... I don't trust the way it moves.

"Gareth Keenan Investigates"

Gareth: Hands up, who trusts me?

"Free love on the free love freeway..."

And I love the entire bit with Gareth, Tim, and stapler being dropped out of the window :lmao:

what the fuck is up with all the games in this forum?!?!

are people completely incompetent to have discussions on one movie at a time or what?!!?

this is absurd.

i'm gonna do everything to keep these two office threads on top. please keep posting quotes cause they're really funny and make me laugh. :angry:

I love when David roleplaying with that one guy on the training day, and he's complaing to the guy playing the hotel clerk

*im paraphrasing*

THERE WAS A RAPE IN MY HOTEL ROOM!

Bear, glad you finally watched them. The Office is classic!

Have you seen The Office Christmas Special too?

PS: I knew you'd seen it because you have been making Office references recently.

Last edited:
David: Cause I'm a professional. And professionalism is...... and that's what I want.

David's answering machine: ... Please leave a massage...

Gareth: One word. Two syllables. Demarcation.

David: And now's the time to stop putting Gareth's personal possesions in jelly.

Gareth: I was in the territorial army for 3 years, and you can't muck about there. It's sort of one of the rules.

Calluna said:
Bear, glad you finally watched them. The Office is classic!

Have you seen The Office Christmas Special too?

PS: I knew you'd seen it because you have been making Office references recently.

agreed! yeah, i've seen it all, i got the entire collection special and all.

the special might even be the best part. i love how david kept getting set up with women he obviously was NOT attracted to...he didn't exactly hide it.

i've been catching myself acting a lot more like him lately. probably not a good thing.

"wrong, i've got the arse side. if i was sitting where tim was, i'd be looking right up there... at it."

or something like that.

disgusting.

also

"stop! move away from the cookie 7ar!"

another toy speaks:

"oh nooooooo!" hahahahaha, that doll thing ruled...he doigs his pants for shit sakes!

Last edited:
As good as Training Day is (and it probably is the best episode of the show) I've always been impartial to Episode 5 which is where nightclub/PA interview episode. Gareth is at his classic best with his "Faster Than A Shark" line and David classic with his handling of Donna's late arrival. But the ultimate moment is Tim's descriptions of Slough's Nightlife:

"I don't know where we are going tonight, obviously Finchy is a sophisticated guy, and Gareth is a culture vulture. So will it be opera, ballet, I don't know. Um... I heard the RFC is in town. But having said that at Chasers it's hoots for a pound and wonderbras get in free night, tonight. So I don't know who will win, it's exciting, I'm staying out of it." :happy:

"Slough's nightlife is incredible, it's got two nightclubs Chasers and New York, New York and they call it the nightclub that never sleeps. Yeah, that closes at 1. There is, there was, oh my God, a themed nightclub called Henry VIII right, now this was incredible, they had the Ann Boulin alley, now this is true, as you went into the loo they had a sign which said "Mind Your Head", nice. And underneath somone had written, "Don't Get Your Hampton Court". *faux laugh* Yeah, it's not there anymore, but there is not a day that goes by where I don't think about it."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

^ That is my absolute favourite Tim moment. He is brilliant!!! I :heart: tim!!

I also love the whole scene with David and the Dildo and him trying to speak to the new employees in series 2. 'ive just come over a little queer' *silence* what is wrong with you? He must have started you too low!

I love Ricky Gervais. You should get his live shows, i almost died laughing!!

I got the DVDs for Christmas, and I watched seasons 1, 2 and the special over a two day span.

My favorite scene is when he gives Keith his appraisal.

"Under strengths you've simply written 'accounts'."
"Yeah."
"But that's your job."
"Yeah."

And then the whole multiple choice fiasco. Brilliant.

Ok guys, I don't know if this has been said before in the other thread but I've gotta say it anyways.

The original Tim from the British version is waayyy cuter than the guy who would be Tim in the US version.

One of the great moments is the end of quiz episode where for no apparent reason Gareth drop-kicks the inflatable cock and runs away as fast as he can afterwards.

First time I saw that I about died.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom