the office

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Calluna said:
Ok guys, I don't know if this has been said before in the other thread but I've gotta say it anyways.

The original Tim from the British version is waayyy cuter than the guy who would be Tim in the US version.

In a related comment, I thought the Dawn from the BBC version wasn't as pretty as her corresponding character Pam on the US version.

Bumpity bump bump!

Lump.png

:lmao:

Ahhh, I just started getting into this show over the last few days or so. Mainly the US version, but I downloaded the pilot episode of the UK version and that was hilarious, too. The stapler in the jelly really got me. :lol:

Oh, and I managed to catch the latest episode of the US version yesterday. Absolutely hysterical. This is definitely one of my new favorite shows. :love:

:bump:

i FINALLY watched the entire british series.

i absolutely :heart: tim.

everytime he gave the camera one of his exasperated looks, i nearly peed myself laughing.

keith: boring isn’t it? just staying in, watching peak practice with your life.
tim: mmm, yeah.
keith: not for me. i like it.
tim: yeah. i just stayed in, had a big wank.

I just watched my first episode of the US version...

I thought it was supposed to be different. I mean, it has the same situations and even the same lines! Well, the Pilot does anyway.

UK version is waaaaaay better :D

got_edge said:
I just watched my first episode of the US version...

I thought it was supposed to be different. I mean, it has the same situations and even the same lines! Well, the Pilot does anyway.

UK version is waaaaaay better :D

Yeah, some of the lines and stories are lifted right from the English version, some plot lines are changed to make them more American, and a few are completley new. I think the English one was more true to the concept of a reality show in an office. The American one tends to get sit-com-y.

UberBeaver said:
Yeah, some of the lines and stories are lifted right from the English version, some plot lines are changed to make them more American, and a few are completley new. I think the English one was more true to the concept of a reality show in an office. The American one tends to get sit-com-y.

Well said :up:

While the first season was a bit slow, the American version really takes off into its own in the second season.

Ray: Can I take a photo? It's for the website and the newsletter, if that's OK?

David: No problem. You taking a light reading?

Ray: I think it'll be OK.

to01.jpg

Ray: If you just...

to02.jpg

Ray: Just be yourself. A bit more relaxed.

to04.jpg

David: Something like that?

to05.jpg

Ray: Not quite.

David: OK.

to06.jpg

Ray: Maybe if you just sit down.

David: You're the boss.

to08.jpg

to09.jpg

I'm starting to like the US version much more than the original UK series. The UK version is definitely worth checking out :up:

Favorite moment from last night's episode:

Ryan: Jim's been looking at me... kind of a lot all week. I would be creeped out by it, but it's nothing compared to the way that Michael looks at me.

Gif of Michael staring here.

^ Yeah, I pretty much died during that opening scene, so bizarre.

As for the two shows, the original is one of the best shows ever. The new one is finding its ground and is quite funny, but it's hurt by Michael being WAY overwritten, compared to the more realistic David Brent.

Pam: "I get ten vacation days a year, and I try to hold off from taking them as long as possible, and this year I got to the third week in January."

I prefer the US version!

img04.jpg

Chrisedge said:
Pam: "I get ten vacation days a year, and I try to hold off from taking them as long as possible, and this year I got to the third week in January."

:lol:

What I like more about the US version is that there are more episodes. I'm just a sucker for British accents... and Tim.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4687784.stm

Gervais to write US 'The Office'

Ricky Gervais is to swap Slough for Scranton, Pennsylvania, as he has agreed to write another episode of The Office - but only for American viewers.

Gervais and co-writer Stephen Merchant will pen an episode of the US version of the show, the star's spokesman says.

The comedy, starring Steve Carell in the Gervais' David Brent role, has been signed up for a third season after attracting an average audience of 10m.

Gervais recently wrote and appeared in an episode of The Simpsons.

US network NBC has commissioned another 22 episodes of the The Office.

The American version of the BBC comedy re-locates the action from a dreary office block in Slough to an equally uninspiring working environment in Pennsylvania.

Awesome news! :hyper:

Definitely interesting news and it should have no problem being the best of the US episodes.

Tonight's episode was really funny. The WOWY and Conan bits were great, as was "Whenever I'm in New York, I like to go to my favorite New York pizza place." Pan to Sbarro...What an ass!

Tonights episode was so good. I was laughing so hard at the video with with or with out you.

XHendrix24 said:
Oh my God. I about died when Michael showed the movie for his presentation and "With or Without You" started playing. :lol:

mabel said:
The WOWY was great

thetitans2k said:
Tonights episode was so good. I was laughing so hard at the video with with or with out you.

Ditto that.
Same here.
That was hilarious!
:lmao:

Also liked: "Maybe I should have slept with you too!"

Queen Bee said:
I'm starting to like the US version much more than the original UK series.

Chrisedge said:
I prefer the US version!

Me too!
I saw one of the original UK episodes on a local broadcaster the other day.
And couldn't get into it.

Perhaps it makes a difference, if you watched the UK version before you saw an episode of the US version.
Or the other way around.
I don't know.
:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom