The Octagon Bar: You Should See Us in the Morning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
OK, so I get an email today from this guy who's a friend of my co-worker, asking me out for coffee... The name sounds familiar, but I can't place it. That is, until the end of the email when he mentions that we never hooked up a couple of summer ago.

It's the Return of the Christian Rocker. :rockon: :|

:laugh: (I remember the Christian rocker :D)

Hey, who knows - his music might be really good. :wink:

OK, so I get an email today from this guy who's a friend of my co-worker, asking me out for coffee... The name sounds familiar, but I can't place it. That is, until the end of the email when he mentions that we never hooked up a couple of summer ago.

It's the Return of the Christian Rocker. :rockon: :|

Should I give him a shot this time? :uhoh: Maybe he's "lost his religion" in the past couple of years. :macdevil:

I would say going to have coffee isnt going to hurt anything. Dont expect him to have lost his religion though. Maybe he is thinking the same thing with you the other way. :shrug: Its the old saying, nothing ventured, nothing gained. ( :laugh: I should follow my own advice!)

You never know though. This was one of the issues I had with my last serious relationship. She was way more "devout" than I was to say the least. Became a huge issue eventually (along with a bunch of other shit! :laugh: ).

Good luck! :up: :)

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

I would say going to have coffee isnt going to hurt anything. Dont expect him to have lost his religion though. Maybe he is thinking the same thing with you the other way. :shrug: Its the old saying, nothing ventured, nothing gained. ( :laugh: I should follow my own advice!)

You never know though. This was one of the issues I had with my last serious relationship. She was way more "devout" than I was to say the least. Became a huge issue eventually (along with a bunch of other shit! :laugh: ).

Good luck! :up: :)

Well, if he's devout then no way will it work, because I'm anything but!:shifty:

That said, I believe everything happens for a reason so why the hell not? :shrug: I'll go. :)

I already found out my roommate. He is currently in India. I sure hope he didn't get injured in the Earthquake they had there, he hasn't responded to any of my e-mails recently.

I also have to complete a stupid three hour course on alcohol to get admitted into my college by Augest 12th, and apparantly my high schoool hasn't sent my transcript to them yet. I'm going to have to light some fires under people's rears tomorrow.

I'm going to be taking Spanish and Human Development in September. I have to figure out what other class I can take. I'm also debating whether I should do the tuition reimbursement we have. :hmm:

Well, if he's devout then no way will it work, because I'm anything but!:shifty:

That said, I believe everything happens for a reason so why the hell not? :shrug: I'll go. :)

I think you have the right attitude about it. Hope it works out for you! :) Fill us in on the details here! :laugh: Have to live vicariously through someone after all! :shrug:

OMG OMG OMG!! THEY WERE JUST PLAYING "OUT OF CONTROL" IN THE BACKGROUND OF THE SHOW!!!!

sorry that's my favorite U2 song and to see it on tucker's show is like 2 of my favorite things in one and i just had to freak out.

U2democrat said:
OMG OMG OMG!! THEY WERE JUST PLAYING "OUT OF CONTROL" IN THE BACKGROUND OF THE SHOW!!!!

sorry that's my favorite U2 song and to see it on tucker's show is like 2 of my favorite things in one and i just had to freak out.
Yeah, they played "With or Without You" in the background the day I was talking about it when they were discussing some marriage topic. I'm thinking either Tucker or whoever does his music is a U2 fan.

:: wanders dreamily into the Bar ::

:: pours self a glass of wine, drinks it contemplatively while staring out the window at the moon ::

:: wanders out ::

DaveC said:

That is quite possibly the single stupidest thing I've ever heard.
If you want I can make it sound even more stupid by pasting text from the e-mail.

The first part takes roughly 2.5 hours to complete, and we recommend that you take it in multiple sittings. This section ends with an Exam and Survey 2. You must earn a grade of 70% or higher to pass the AlcoholEdu program. The deadline for finishing this section is Friday, August 12.

About 60 days after you complete the Exam and Survey 2, you will receive an email asking you to complete Chapter 4, the final chapter. We know that WPI students are very busy during the academic terms, so this last Exam & Survey is scheduled between A & B Term Break (October 14 – October 24). Please complete Chapter 4 and Survey 3 by Monday, October 24, which is the day before B-Term classes start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom