The Octagon Bar: With New Heart-Shaped Hot Tub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finally updating my Buddy list with people and I'm thinking that I would like to add Stars and Dave C, but I have a few questions about that.
If someone is in stealth mode, will you see them on your buddy list when they are logged in. If not, it wouldn't help to put Stars on my buddy list at all.
Would it make me gay to put Dave on my buddy list? :confused: He put me on his top 10 interferencers list :up: Thanks Dude :hug: (In that manly way where your fist ends up in their chest to maintain that respectful hip to hip distance)
I'm going to add these two, anyone else want to be known by me when I log on?

** Runs off to make Buddy's **

Buddy list? :huh:

Ah, the Buddy list, and what fabulous world do you enter when you join the Buddy list?:hmm:

Tania said:
I thought that was the Octagon Bar?:laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, just being silly....

Let's see 8 Sides to an Octagon, 8 people on my buddy list. Brilliant! It reminds me of a song...

** Cues cool music ***

(Yells) This one is by the Cure, it's called Six Different Ways. It was written at a time when Robert Smith was dating a whole bunch of people and liked aspects of each one. Enjoy!

This is stranger than I thought
Six different ways inside my heart
And everyone I'll keep tonight
Six different ways go deep inside

I'll tell them anything at all
I know I'll give them more and more

I'll tell them anything at all
I know I'll give the world and more
The think I'm on my hands and head
This time they're much too slow

Six sides to every lie I say
It's that American voice again
It was never quite like this before
Not one of you is the same

This is stranger than I thought
Six different ways inside my heart
And everyone I'll keep tonight
Six different ways go deep inside

Tania said:
Ummm :drool: The Cure, what a band...

More...? Ok, because you're :drool:ing. This one is the song Maybe Someday (Acoustic Mix)

** Cranks it up louder than my voice **

(yells) it's for your own protection! :laugh:

No I won’t do it again, I don’t want to pretend
If it can’t be like before I’ve got to let it end
I don’t want what I was, I had a change of head
But maybe someday...
Yeah maybe someday

I’ve got to let it go and leave it gone
Just walk away, stop it going on
Get too scared to jump if I wait too long
But maybe someday...

I’ll see you smile as you call my name
Start to feel, and it feels the same
And I know that maybe someday’s come
Maybe someday’s come...
Again!

So tell me someday’s come tell me some days come again...

No I won’t do it some more, doesn’t take any sense
If it can’t be like it was, I’ve got to let it rest
I don’t want what I did, I had a change of tense
But maybe someday...

I’ll see you smile as you call my name
Start to feel, and it feels the same
And I know that maybe someday’s come
Maybe someday’s come...

If I could do it again maybe just once more
Think I could make it work like I did it before
If I could try it out
If I could just be sure
That maybe someday is the last time
Yeah maybe someday is the end
Oh maybe someday is when it all stops
Or maybe someday always comes again...

Oh, tanks velly much .....

That's a particular fav of mine....

At the moment though I'm quite getting back into the Pixies....

Here Comes Your Man and Monkey Gone to Heaven are getting a bit of a workout...

Tania said:
Oh, tanks velly much .....

That's a particular fav of mine....

At the moment though I'm quite getting back into the Pixies....

Here Comes Your Man and Monkey Gone to Heaven are getting a bit of a workout...

I need the Pixies in my collection. I saw them open for U2 and know a number of their hits, but aside from the slow version of Wave of Mutilation, I own nothing. I eyeball the Best of, or Dolittle, but haven't actually taken it home. Maybe Someday... :laugh:

Tania said:
I could send you Dolittle if you like. Its not bad, not their best but not bad.:)

Aww Thanks! :hug: I think I'm just going to pick up the Best of. Which one is your favorite?

BTW, I'm starting to get distracted with the speculative tour dates that just went up. I can see my bank account draining as we speak.

** Knocks back a beer before thinking about the tour **

I'm going to need to do some serious schedule shuffling to figure out which one's I'm going to go to.

Wave of Mutilation is probably the best for me because I like most of the songs. Their other albums are pretty good, its just I get a bit irritated with some of the short ones that could have been so much more.

Tell me about it. The last I heard, the rumour was no concert in Perth or Adelaide which means a four hour plane flight to see them. It's going to cost a packet just to get there.. (To drive would take about 3-4 days :() Not that I plan on missing them again. I missed the zoo tv tour and was depressed for 6 months (couldn't even listen to an album during that time.... tragic....)

Tania said:
Wave of Mutilation is probably the best for me because I like most of the songs. Their other albums are pretty good, its just I get a bit irritated with some of the short ones that could have been so much more.

Tell me about it. The last I heard, the rumour was no concert in Perth or Adelaide which means a four hour plane flight to see them. It's going to cost a packet just to get there.. (To drive would take about 3-4 days :() Not that I plan on missing them again. I missed the zoo tv tour and was depressed for 6 months (couldn't even listen to an album during that time.... tragic....)

For the price of airfare, it would almost make more sense to fly to the US and then just pick off some shows as they go by. Here in the US, there were probably be at least 20 shows within 10 hours of me by car. NY = 6 hours, Boston = 9 hours, Philly = 2 , DC = 40 minutes, Columbus = 8, Cincinnati = 10, Cleveland = 8, Pittsburgh = 6

This is one area where it's good to be an American :yes:

That's the problem with living in the most isolated city on the planet...:sad:

Anyway, how do I send you Doolittle? Would send you the other one but someone (?) decided to colour it in with a pen and its a bit beyond repair:mad:

Tania said:
That's the problem with living in the most isolated city on the planet...:sad:

Anyway, how do I send you Doolittle? Would send you the other one but someone (?) decided to colour it in with a pen and its a bit beyond repair:mad:

You're so sweet! :hug: Don't worry about it. Save your postage for the new tour. I'll bug you about Aussie imports later :wink: for you know who 2 :D

No worries mate.... :cool:

Catch you later. :wave: Need to get some sleep before the mayhem that is Christmas Eve. :heart:

Have a fantabulous Christmas :hug:

I thank ya. :)

The guys at the garage are still checking on a few things on it for me, so I'll probably pick it up Monday or Tuesday.

** Walks in from a Christmas Eve Service, throws a Sam Adams back, grabs some clothes for the weekend before walking out the door **

Hey Ladies! Merry Christmas! It's been a blast these past two months, thanks for making Interference so much fun and like a 2nd family at times. May the new year bring us even closer. :hug:

Hey Gents! Thanks for attracting the ladies into the bar :wink:

** Flips on the Jukebox and puts it on repeat **

Feliz Navidad!! :wave:

-------------------------

It's Christmas
Baby, please come home

(Yeah!)

The snow's coming down
I'm watching it fall
Watching the people around
Baby please come home

The churchbells in town
They're rining a song
What a happy sound
Baby please come home

Theyr'e singing deck the halls
But it's not like Christmas at all
I remember when you were here
And all the fun we had last year

Pretty lights on the tree
I'm watching 'em shine
You should be here with me
Baby please come home

Baby please come home
Baby please come home

They're singing deck the halls
But it's not like Christmas at all
I remember when you were here
And all the fun we had last year

If there was a way
I'd hold back these tears
But it's Christmas day
Baby please come home
Ohh...

Baby please come home
Baby please come home
Baby please come home
Ohh...
Baby please come home
Baby please come home

have I missed much? Ive been gone for a couple days while the computer issues are being mended. the damn thing got fixed today and now its broken again:rant:
Im sneaking time on the laptop!
*grabs a jack and coke and heads to pleba*

Well, I don't expect that anyone is around, but I'm going to throw open the doors to the bar anyway. Merry merry!!! :)

:: makes self a Jack and Coke, sips daintily ::

paxetaurora said:
Well, I don't expect that anyone is around, but I'm going to throw open the doors to the bar anyway. Merry merry!!! :)

:: makes self a Jack and Coke, sips daintily ::

Hey pax!

Merry Christmas everybody! I hope everyone got what they wanted, if not then you can hit the after Christmas sales! Whoo hoo.

Me--I'm just here for a bit...my bestfriend Becky is home from Wichita so we're going to spend all week together! I put in extra overtime at work just so that I could take one week off and hang out with my friend sans worry. She's like a sister to me....so *sniff sniff* I'll be staying away from the blue crack until Jan. 3 when I get back to work and can really hang out with you guys and dolls.

I'm really going to miss you all. Until next year! Be safe, don't drink and drive (man I really do sound like a mom!), and hug and kiss everyone you love and don't love! Especially the latter, after all the message of Christmas is humility!

*makes herself a jack and coke and leaves.*

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom