The Octagon Bar: With New Heart-Shaped Hot Tub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Walks into empty bar and makes herself a cup of coffee with a shot of Baileys. Seeing a bag of cinnamon bagels nearby, she prepares breakfast. She makes extra in case others come in later.

Seeing a TV console nearby she walks towards it and puts in a holiday DVD. The opening scenes of "Elf" appear. She sits back and :laugh:*

u2bonogirl said:
hey elf!
The bar isnt empty, I was just under a blanket on the couch:D

"you sit on a throne of lies!"
:laugh: I love that line
"you smell like beef and cheese. youre not santa!"
:lmao:

i'm sorry hon, I didn't know you were here. You were completely covered in those blankets that I didn't see you. Want a bagel?

:lmao: This is one of my favorite scenes!

Gimbel's Manager: Santa will be here soon.

Elf: "SANTA!!! SANTA I know him I know him!"

Last edited:
u2bonogirl said:
my hair is being really weird today:|
maybe I just need to jump in the hot tub and get it all wet.

*splash*

maybe I should have changed into my bathing suit first:eyebrow:

Well, we could start a trend and jump in with our clothes on.

*jumps in and joins the fun.*

Hey Tim! :wave:

u2bonogirl said:
noodles and syrup.....yummy:yuck:

I had the best coconut syrup in hawaii:drool:

Hmmmmm....syrup!

Why were you in Hawaii? My bestfriend Marc was studying abroad at the University of Hawaii in Manoa this fall. He'll be here soon! I can't wait to see him.

I've never been to Hawaii what's it like? I read that you hurt your toe. Is it better?

hey all

just popped in to say hi - nobody is here though so i'll just leave a note..
"HI"

i cant stay about - this is your cue to all feel sorry for me - i apparently have sprained my neck (how?!?) so i can't move my head too well and sitting at the computer is absolutely killing me right now!
bonus is i get 4 day soff work which takes me into xmas hols which means no more work till next year! YAY
so i'm off again, hope you all have a wonderful evening and i'll catch you later when i'm able to hold my head up unaided! :ohmy:

bye
:wave:

Hello, hello:wave:

Just dropped in to see how my favourite Octagonions are going:wink:

Hot Tub! It's too hot for a hot tub! We need a nice cool pool :yes:

Hope your neck is better soon Digsy and that you have a fantabulous Christmas.

<<<<< Pours self large glass of Champagne and raises glass...>>>

Merry Christmas everybody!

Hey Timbo :wave:

Hope the tidal wave isn't too bad and you haven't lost any possessions.

Calamities like that are not good.

Last edited:
Everyone here is VERY excited about Christmas and they are too busy to be snooping (at the beach at the moment while I frantically work as unfortunately, I have 5 million deadlines to meet. The Christmas spirit is so not happening yet. :( )

** Takes sign off bar (hey I can do this barmaid stuff!!)**

"Okay everybody, what's your poison?"

Ipod :madspit: A U2 ipod will set you back $560 here, just too much mulla for me. :sad:

Still, can't complain, my U2 music has grown considerably over the last few weeks due to the amazing generosity of the people on this forum.

Got to love U2 fans:heart: :hug:

What are your plans for Christmas?

Tania said:
Everyone here is VERY excited about Christmas and they are too busy to be snooping (at the beach at the moment while I frantically work as unfortunately, I have 5 million deadlines to meet. The Christmas spirit is so not happening yet. :( )

** Takes sign off bar (hey I can do this barmaid stuff!!)**

"Okay everybody, what's your poison?"

Ipod :madspit: A U2 ipod will set you back $560 here, just too much mulla for me.

Still, can't complain, my U2 music has grown considerably over the last few weeks due to the amazing generosity of the people on this forum.

Got to love U2 fans:heart: :hug:

What are your plans for Christmas?

$560 is quite a bit of money. In the states, we have gotten off relatively cheap. Sorry :sad:

Christmas will be spent at my sister's house. I'll try to peak into the Octagon though to see if anyone is home :wink:

I'm so happy to be done with Christmas shopping! :applaud: I'm waiting for one item to finish shipping. I hope it makes it... If not, cash it is! :lol:

You take care of the bar for a few minutes. I have to go cut some pipe and cinch it off so that I can turn my water back on. Stinking plumbing :madspit: This is the 3rd broken pipe I've had in this house in the last 2 years! Which does not include the shower handle problem I fixed last night. I need to marry a plumber. Or a women who knows her way around plumbing tools. :banghead: What am I talking about? I'm getting water loopy. I'll be back to say g'night unless this takes me a looong time...

Know the feeling, except for me I need a man who is an electrician, plumber, gardener, mechanic, cockroach killer .... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Taking care of a bar has never been a problem....:sexywink:

Hey, skulk back here.....

Ummm.... what is a "spades partner"?:huh:

***Pours drink wondering if this is something I should be asking about?****

Tania said:
Hey, skulk back here.....

Ummm.... what is a "spades partner"?:huh:

***Pours drink wondering if this is something I should be asking about?****

:laugh: It's a card game. It can be fun to play, particularly when you play couple against couple. The card game is called Spades.

Well, I'm calling it a night. :wave: I've cut some pipes, pulled off some fittings (including the wrong one :reject:) cut my hand on a sawed off piece of copper and it won't stop bleeding. :shrug: I think it's only a flesh wound. :huh:

Night!

** Walks into the bar a little late, but freshly laundered **

The plumbing is "fixed" for now. :tsk: I'm learning a lot about how to handle water :reject:

Last night, I decided that the best possible solution was to go ahead and cut the pipe and then move the cut off valve on the sink up to the end of the pipe. Well, if you install the valve correctly, it's near impossible to take it off, so I had some cut pipes and no cut off valve. And don't forget that I got my two pipes confused and pulled off the valve on the one that actually worked! :banghead:

** Pours some more coffee **

So I woke up this morning and I was pretty grungy with some stellar bed head. I wanted a shower, wanted coffee and wasn't particularly eager to go to work anyway. I put on my U2 elevation hat, stopped by Starbucks on my way to Home Depot and bought two new valves. This is where things become comical.

I installed both of the valves and went to test them. I turned on the main valve to the house and rushed back to the sink and found that one of them had a little bubble of water, but the other was dripping water. So I turned the main valve off and went to retighten the pipes. The one with the little bubble required a little half-turn and it was fine. The other one was a lot harder. So here I am wearing a white T-Shirt, Jeans and my U2 hat and I'm under the sink with two wrenches trying to tighten things up. I keep trying to tighten but the angles suck and I having a devil of a time. I then decide that what I really need to do is take off the valve and start over. So I begin to untighten it a little and realize that might be bad because a little more water is starting to bleed out. So, I adjust myself and in the process of trying to tighten it back up, I accidently smack the valve open and get a face full of warm water! It took about 5 seconds for the line to be bled completely all over me, my jeans, my U2 hat, my glasses my underwear :reject:, floor, cabinet, towels. As I opened my eyes the warm water began to feel a lot colder on me. I skulked upstairs and changed into some warm clothes with another new lesson under my belt. Next time I bleed the line before getting under the sink. :rolleyes:
My next time underneath was a success and I was able to get the new valve to tighten enough. As a result, I was able to shower, start laundry and the dishwasher. I also got to clean up my hand. It clotted last night and it's not too bad but it could scar. It looks like I took a chunk out of the upper layer of the skin. It's not too deep fortunately and it's no longer bleeding.
Well that's my 4th plumbing issue since I've moved in :madspit: Hold on, I probably shouldn't forget the amount of times my toilets have backed up. It wasn't me! Always guests! I just get to have the pleasure of snaking them :yuck:

** Shuts up for a while, throwing self onto the couch with a light comforter and the crackle of the fireplace as the only noises in the bar **

Try to be nice when you wake me up. :yawn:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom