The Octagon Bar: Where Everybody Knows Your Name!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How awesome would it be to have, like, a third language that only Merc and LB spoke that was some kind of combination of Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, and English? :hmm:

I wish my French was better...such a pretty language.

starsforu2 said:
** Creeps back in and pours self stiff drink **

Sorry Merc. :hug: So how many languages do you speak fluently? Not including the Language of Love :heart:

Fluently?! :huh: Not many! :laugh: I guess it's only Danish and English (...me and my horrible British accent :reject: :lol: )...

I don't speak neither Swedish or Norwegian, but its so similar to Danish in many ways... I know most of the words I have to change to give a sentence meaning, but my accent is still Danish - it sounds pretty funny sometimes! :D

... and I used to speak very good German once, but I haven't used in ages, so its all gone now... :shrug:

Other than that I only know a few words in (many!) other languages... :huh:

How about yourself? :wink:

pax said:
How awesome would it be to have, like, a third language that only Merc and LB spoke that was some kind of combination of Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, and English? :hmm:

I wish my French was better...such a pretty language.

:lol: We already have that! :cute:

:lol:
*kisses Tim on his wookie mouth*

Dorthe, you speak a lot more than I can. I know english...and well. English. Plus some dirty spanish and the essentials like:
La princess llora in el bano...the princess is crying in the bathroom :shrug:
I can call somebody a dumbshit in german too :hyper:

Am I the only one having trouble with u2.com right now? :help:

ewen said:
Merc, if it's the new U2 video your trying to see then go to Alan's website.

http://www.thegoalissoul.cjb.net/

u2.com is down

hi folks :wave:

Pax :kiss:

...and it's up again! :lol:

Have seen the videos! :up: It was my e-mail I was desperately trying to access - just got a offer on a summer job! :D

Btw, hi Ewen! :wave:

pax said:
"Yo tengo un esposo y el es muy grande" works well when getting hit on by guys who don't speak much English. :shifty:

correction:

"Tengo a un novio y él es muy escocés"

So I'm looking at the Nookie lyrics and puzzling how I can fit the story of Han Solo in it when I notice these lyrics

she put my tender heart in a blender

:scratch:

So I look around and find that Eve 6 used similar prose in the song Inside Out which was released a year earlier

Want to put my tender heart in a blender

Coincidence? :eyebrow: You decide. I was offended when he changed the lyrics to Wish You Were Here and then thought he was deep for having done it.

I like my Rock Stars smart :up:

starsforu2 said:
I'm laughing at the Translator, not Ewen. It's like a broken English generator. Quite amusing :up:

My comment was more a suggestion along the lines of: "Ewen, is there something you haven't told us? :wink: :giggle:" - that sort of thing... :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom