The Octagon Bar: We're Still Waiting for the T-Shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pax said:

Re: Philly plans: We're trying not to tie people down to anything specific...sort of "let's see how we all feel."

:wave: Hey Ewen! Hey U2DEM, Hello Mac & Mikal :wave:

** Scratches head while imagining the decision making process post concert with a bunch of hyped up fans who are strangers in Philadelphia :crazy: **

From experience... if you don't have a place to meet, it's going to be chaos trying to organize after a show in which (at least Tara and I) will not be seated with you.

I recognize that having a planned venue for those who want to go, may serve only me, as I would prefer to print off the directions so that I won't get too lost on my way toward the pub / restaurant.

What would make me :sad: would be that it takes too long to organize something after the show, we get lost and have to make the decision to drive home without meeting you.

I know, this isn't your problem, and this isn't the Tim & Tara show, so I'm just appealing to the masses to consider whether they want to choose a place to gather at before hand, or let fate decide.

And if no one wants to make a decision, I'd be willing to look again at the two finalists and try to make an educated decision about where Tara and I will hang out and hope that other's are also looking for a place to chill after the show.

We do want to meet you folks, and we don't want to run the show, but we might need more predictablity if we want to enjoy your company for more than a few minutes.

Thanks! :up:

VintagePunk said:
Hey, did I miss a mikal pic? :eyebrow:

If I picked up mac and cheese, that would mean I'd have to get ready before I went out. Do they deliver mac and cheese? :hmm:

yes. but it stopped working.

starsforu2 said:

feck! :rant:

:scratch: Any Dog owners about? Every once in a while he decides that he just can't wait, even if he routinely goes over 10 hours without going potty. We can't figure it out. Feck. :(

i had a golden retriever that died at the age of 16 last year. i haven't found another one because she'd be pretty hard to replace. dogs definitely kick ass.

**Runs into the bar on her way to The Kitchen**

u2bonogirl said:
and I thought she was going to model off that suit for us too :sexywink:

:eek: :reject:

Believe me! You do not want to see me as a swimsuit model! :tsk:

Dinner time, boys and girls! Talk to you later... :wave:

**Runs into The Kitchen**

Merc said:
**Runs into the bar on her way to The Kitchen**

:eek: :reject:

Believe me! You do not want to see me as a swimsuit model! :tsk:

Dinner time, boys and girls! Talk to you later... :wave:

**Runs into The Kitchen**

:yuck: I hate wearing bathing suits
Anybody looks better than me in one...anybody!
Im too shy to even wear shorts a lot of the time :reject:

Tim: re: Philly...

I'd be all for getting something all set up for post-concert in Philly, but I think a few people have a few different ideas of what they'd like to do. When are you and Tara getting into town on Saturday? I think just about everyone is going to explore South Street for at least part of Saturday afternoon, which might be a really excellent opportunity for you and Tara to get together with everyone. :up:

pax said:
Tim: re: Philly...

I'd be all for getting something all set up for post-concert in Philly, but I think a few people have a few different ideas of what they'd like to do. When are you and Tara getting into town on Saturday? I think just about everyone is going to explore South Street for at least part of Saturday afternoon, which might be a really excellent opportunity for you and Tara to get together with everyone. :up:

FYI
I reeeeally want to try and catch the band coming into the venue....would people be out and about then? *hopes not*

Personally, I'm not hanging about waiting for the band entering or leaving the venue. I've been seeing U2 since 1984 and I'm not going to start hounding them now. :no:

ewen said:
Personally, I'm not hanging about waiting for the band entering or leaving the venue. I've been seeing U2 since 1984 and I'm not going to start hounding them now. :no:

you know Ewen, you really dont need to bash on what others like all the time.
So what if I have a U2 iPod and want to 'hound' the band?
:sigh:
*gets off her soapbox and sits down*

I certainly don't mind if people want to try to catch the band coming or going, but I'd prefer to just hang out on Saturday afternoon (and evening, for that matter). I'm a bit afraid I'd get crushed by the whole "let's-try-to-meet-the-band" crowd; I'm not that aggressive! :wink:

Anyhoo, I'd really rather that everyone is comfortable with the plans, and I don't want to arbitrarily select anything in the absence of actual consensus from the group. But you'd be welcome to join us on Saturday afternoon, since, like I said, I think just about everyone is up for that. :up:

edit: Don't think Ewen was "bashing" on anyone...I think people just have different priorities, and you do have to admit that sometimes the people (especially the girls, I'm afraid) who want to meet the band can get a little, um, enthusiastic. I don't mean you--but the whole "scene" as it were... :yikes:

Last edited:
pax said:
I certainly don't mind if people want to try to catch the band coming or going, but I'd prefer to just hang out on Saturday afternoon (and evening, for that matter). I'm a bit afraid I'd get crushed by the whole "let's-try-to-meet-the-band" crowd; I'm not that aggressive! :wink:

Anyhoo, I'd really rather that everyone is comfortable with the plans, and I don't want to arbitrarily select anything in the absence of actual consensus from the group. But you'd be welcome to join us on Saturday afternoon, since, like I said, I think just about everyone is up for that. :up:
I know we were driving up on saturday morning so we wont get there until saturday afternoon. Otherwise we would have more time I think.
:shrug:
I think I got myself too excited about meeting everybody and now Im a little disappointed :rolleyes:

u2bonogirl said:

I know we were driving up on saturday morning so we wont get there until saturday afternoon. Otherwise we would have more time I think.
:shrug:
I think I got myself too excited about meeting everybody and now Im a little disappointed :rolleyes:

Well, I don't think there's any need to be disappointed. :hug: You should have my mobile number from the e-mails; whenever you get in, you could give me a call and I could let you know what everyone is doing...?

ewen said:

I figure that it was just my pride getting in the way for all those years that I refused to chase the band, and now I find myself not caring what others think of me, so I'm going to try to meet the guy and thank him for helping meet my future wife. :up:

:tsk: I can't believe that you're not going to thank him for meeting Pax! :shocked: My story only spans a country, your story spans two continents! :wink: We figure that Bono will want to meet us because we'll bring him joy! :rolleyes: :lmao: -- To each his own, maybe we'll see some of the gang while waiting for his highness, who knows :shrug:

Pax, thanks for the update on the meeting up situation. We'll see how that goes. If anyone organizes something, please broadcast it here or on the Philly mailing list. :yes:

starsforu2 said:

I figure that it was just my pride getting in the way for all those years that I refused to chase the band, and now I find myself not caring what others think of me, so I'm going to try to meet the guy and thank him for helping meet my future wife. :up:

:tsk: I can't believe that you're not going to thank him for meeting Pax! :shocked: My story only spans a country, your story spans two continents! :wink: We figure that Bono will want to meet us because we'll bring him joy! :rolleyes: :lmao: -- To each his own, maybe we'll see some of the gang while waiting for his highness, who knows :shrug:

Pax, thanks for the update on the meeting up situation. We'll see how that goes. If anyone organizes something, please broadcast it here or on the Philly mailing list. :yes:

I plan to send him a nice fruit basket. :wink:

Absolutely...should any actual plans arise beyond the South Street thing (Jeff's idea, and one that at least no one has outright argued against), we'll definitely keep you posted. :up:

And like I told Tara, you should have my number...don't hesitate to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom