The Octagon Bar-The rum's not gone here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Welcome weary travelers!

We've been kicked around the corner, we've been known by different names but it's time to reopen the Octagon Bar!

...Stop in for a coffee or tea in the morning, bring your newspaper and sit in our soft leather couches. For lunch, come in and have a cocktail. Your boss will never know. When work is over, stop in for Happy Hour; you can be assured that your presence will not go unnoticed. Late nights are the best and the most wicked; the patrons are a frisky lot, but always friendly.

The Octagon Bar is located on the first floor of the Clarence Hotel in Dublin, Ireland. U2 are part owners of this magnificent watering hole and we seek to reproduce the camaraderie of a pub, complete with bar fights, dancing girls, and moderators who shut us down when the noise or the post count gets too high.

May I suggest that you order a drink, ask one of the lovelies or one of the gents for a , or perhaps you want to play a song on the jukebox. Share pictures of your kids and yourselves. Don’t be shy--by morning we’ll forget your face anyway.

This is a patron-run bar, so if the bartender is asleep in the back, or cuddled up on the couch with one of the patrons, go and pour a drink for your mate. The drink selection is only limited by your imagination. So dream out loud!

--Tim (starsforu2)

Give'r! :wink:

U2Dem- i'll pop in a say hey :wave:

had to edit, i'm under the influence of a pretty strong sleeping pill. I should go directly to bed, do not pass go, do not collect $200. sorry about being drugged up, maybe we can talk another time

Last edited:
A new Bar! :ohmy: This hasn't happend in, like, 6 months or something! :lol:

Well, well... it's good to see that we're back in business! :wink:

**Goes to back entrance and starts to unload the truck that has just delivered 1 years supply of Weetabix to the Bar**

:D

mmmm, good one Merc!

Okay folks...your mission, if you should accept it, is to get through this Octagon Bar within a day! Six months ain't good enough. Are you up for the challenge Meeesturrr Bond?

ewen said:
Okay folks...your mission, if you should accept it, is to get through this Octagon Bar within a day! Six months ain't good enough. Are you up for the challenge Meeesturrr Bond?

A day?! :huh:

**Unloads a few more boxes of Weetabix**

You think that's possible...? :hmm:

Well, I like a good challenge... :wink:

Well, I'm doing nothing all day but pottering about the house.

Wow, you sure ordered plenty of Weetabix there.

*gets the forklift*

ewen said:
Well, I'm doing nothing all day but pottering about the house.

Wow, you sure ordered plenty of Weetabix there.

*gets the forklift*

I am trying to write a Masters here ( :nerd: ), but I'll try and check in here as often as I can during the day then... right now I'm not feeling all that inspired to write anything :shifty: :reject:

**Grabs a bowl of Weetabix and a cup of tea while Ewen is playing around with the forklift**

ewen said:
good morning, btw! :wave:

It's 11:30 here, I don't know if I would call that "morning"... :wink: ... but good morning to you too! :wave:

It's 5.30am here! Abby left for NYC for an interview.

ewen said:
10 posts gone, 490 to go

:lol:

So, tell me - how's life in the US seen with European eyes? Whats the biggest differences you've seen/felt so far? :)

Hmmm :hmm:

I'll be nice...the US is just like home...but on steroids and caffeine.

:wink:

ewen said:
I'll be nice...the US is just like home...but on steroids and caffeine.

:giggle:

ewen said:
Have you ever been over here?

No, not yet...

That's why I'm interested in what the place looks like from your p.o.w. :)

Well, I have to get back to work now... :nerd:

Nice talking to you Ewen - hopefully I'll be back later! :)

Merc said:
That's why I'm interested in what the place looks like from your p.o.w. :)

*releases my prisoner of war*

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Merc said:
Well, I have to get back to work now... :nerd:

Nice talking to you Ewen - hopefully I'll be back later! :)

aww, ok!

leave me to finish unloading all this bloomin' Weetabix by myself won't you.

we need a bigger storeroom.

Hey Ewen, are you still there? :wave:

ewen said:

*releases my prisoner of war*

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Haha! :| :wink:

Okay, what can I say... my work here makes me :coocoo: and :nerd: - I've started making abreviations for anything and anyone! :reject:

**Walk up to the bar and can't stop :drool:ing over the sight of all the boxes of Weetabix behind the bar that Ewen couldn't fit into the old store room**

My parents live on a small island on the coast of BC (in Canada), and I'm going to spend a week with them. It's a beautiful area. Very quiet and peaceful. It's definitely a nice change from being in the city.

Hope the weather stays nice. I have relatives in Vancouver.

Anybody around...? :wave:

**Goes behind bar and makes a cup of tea**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom