The Octagon Bar-The rum's not gone here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just finished designing the posters for the ball :drool:

28743Poster.JPG

Hey AW! :wave: Hey Demmy! :wave:

AW, very cool poster for the ball! :up:

:drool:

What a good political fix that was. I got a hug from my favorite state senator (for those not familliar with more local politics he represents in the state of Virginia legislature, as opposed to Congress in DC). I also had a nice long conversation with the awesome Congressman Bobby Scott going on about how the republicans are ruining everything and how Joe Lieberman is an embarrassment. :drool: It was so much fun...and I already have another event lined up for Wednesday! Normal people have to pay a ton to get in but because I'm a student I go free :D

Oh good fix :)

And I just got the job through :D

I will get shifts on sunday night 10:00pm until Monday Morning 6:00am as well as Thursdays and Fridays totally up to around 15 hours with favourable pay rates - basically $200 - $300 a week.

And in lieu of my newfound employment I think I may celebrating by inviting a certain girl to a certain ball with self-confidence and ease :heart:

U2democrat said:

Normal people have to pay a ton to get in but because I'm a student I go free :D

You abnormal student, you. :lol:

;)

Hope the Wednesday event was just as thrilling for you.

I had a GREAT time Wednesday night. It feels SO good to have my favorite politicans and heroes see me and exclaim "Hey, Laura!" They don't even have to look at my nametag to know who I am.

Also, my parents and I just loaded up the car to move everything down to CNU tomorrow, I absolutely cannot wait to move back into school and start classes again. It should be another awesome year.

Oh, it's also fun to flirt with the good looking politicians and have them flirt back :sexywink: Hate to say it but I love it and it will get me places :huh::flirt:

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back at school! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

My roommate should be here any minute, I can't wait to see her again. I've got various democrat and anti-Bush memorobilia up on my wall as well as U2 stuff. Feels like home already :up:

Sounds great, I'll get my first pay deposited into my bank account on wednesday to the sum of 130 dollars :D and with the ammount to rise when I start up my regular shifts.

Ugh I left my iPod on a tram today and I have the strange feeling it's not coming back, the monkey on the end of the customer service line pinged me off to a dead line.

Because it needs a makeover

...and some scandal or gossip

Yum, sounds lovely :drool:

I'm waiting for the US half of Ewbby to get home from NYC so that we can eat. Off to Friendlys I think and a sundae is already in mind. :drool:

Friendlys...mmm...:drool:

:lol: I asked a girl down the hall if she had any chocolate because I was craving some, so she gave me some ho-hos, and another girl came and gave me kit kats, baby ruth, and reeces cups. I love college :yes:

:wave:

Ok, the only Octagon gossip I can come up with is not actually gossip, but...

Guess who'll be sitting in the real Octagon Bar in two months, enjoying a quiet Christmas drink...? :sexywink: :shh:

U2democrat said:
:hyper:

That's awesome merc!

:yes: :hyper:

I figured it would be a nice "congrats on your first job"-present to myself... especially since it's two years since I last was in Dublin and I've been talking about going again ever since! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom