The Octagon Bar-The rum's not gone here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
Something tells me we won't get through this in a day...:lol:

*Sits down with a glass of milk and some oreos*

mmmmmm

something tells me you may be right.

*pours a Guinness & prepares a bowl of Weetabix*

I'm sure you've got loads of interesting things to say...

how was your first year at uni?

Good morning Octagoners! :wave:

Probably a bit early for some of you (I can see Demmy's and Ewen's clocks says 4:20am! :lol: ), but I hope to see some of you here later! :wink:

**Makes a cup of tea, Kenyan style - with milk and lots of sugar**

ewen said:
I'm sure you've got loads of interesting things to say...

how was your first year at uni?

It was WONDERFUL! I was happier there than I've ever been in my entire life. Classes were great, the people were great, being on my own was awesome, everything was perfect. My roommate and I got along really well so we're rooming together again this coming year, and we both can't wait until it starts again.

It's the first time I've ever really enjoyed school and am looking forward to the end of summer vacation.

When I'm at uni I actually feel motivated to try and do well. In high school I only tried a little bit just to get good enough grades to squeak my way into a college, at uni I'm actually interested and try really hard. It's a wonderful experience and is already going by too fast!

**Comes in and makes a bowl of Weetabix for Demmy for when she wakes up**

We've got alot of that, you need to have some too, or else we'll never empty the backroom! :wink:

Damn heat. The next three days in a row it's supposed to hit 102!!!

Also my car's air conditioning is broken, so I really don't want to go out for fear I pass out in my car.

I'm sat in a coffee house drinking a lovely iced caramel latté.

The heat outside is killing me but this drink is going down a treat. Trying to sip it because of course it ain't cheep.

U2democrat said:

It was WONDERFUL! I was happier there than I've ever been in my entire life. Classes were great, the people were great, being on my own was awesome, everything was perfect. My roommate and I got along really well so we're rooming together again this coming year, and we both can't wait until it starts again.

It's the first time I've ever really enjoyed school and am looking forward to the end of summer vacation.

When I'm at uni I actually feel motivated to try and do well. In high school I only tried a little bit just to get good enough grades to squeak my way into a college, at uni I'm actually interested and try really hard. It's a wonderful experience and is already going by too fast!

That's great! :rockon:

Hope your second year is even better.

I forgot to say that when Abby and I were in DC, she took a picture of me at the Lincoln Memorial - she affectionately calls it my "running for office" picture! Just with your political ambitions it reminded me of it. I'll maybe post it later - it's on my detacheable hard-drive which of course isn't with me at the moment (still drinking my iced coffee)

Just seen love_u2_adam's pictures that she took in Edinburgh, in her journal. Brings a tear or two to the eye seeing the auld place.

I :heart: the Lincoln Memorial, it's so beautiful.

Oooooh to go to Scotland, my ancestors stomping ground!! My parents hope to go back before they die one day, it was probably their favorite part of Europe (they lived in Germany for a year).

Stay cool!

Ewen, Ewen - I found actual real life Weetabix in my supermarket here yesterday!!! :hyper: And they weren't even that expensive! :D

Okay, you can tell my life's been really exciting lately, right? :lol: Practically living at Uni while finishing the masters... just 2 weeks more left! Which actually makes me both :dance: and :sad:...

A post for posterity :wink:

I am like Schrodingers Cat with my part time supermarket job application, I got to the group interview stage and did that well enough now just waiting to see if I get to the next stage, haven't had an e-mail (probably bad) or phone call (good) either way.

All I know is that getting a job is the last piece I need to be a real boy :wink:

Or at least functional human being :sexywink:

Last edited:
Sounds good, day 3 (not including weekends) and no callback or e-mail, should know by friday if I got it or not.

Best of luck :up:

I applied to 4 places this summer, asked at others, even went back to the 4 places to ask about the status of my application, and still didn't get a job. :|

Well persistence pays, as I suspect a few years experience, e-bay is a great way to fill in gaps and make some money but without a base line income it can be problematic.

Yay yay yay yay I get to go to a political fundraiser on Sunday! :hyper: All my favorite Virginia politicians will be there :hyper:

I've been desperately in need of a political fix...I haven't been to any event since...well...I don't even remember the last political event I went to.

Hi folks,

Been away, helping friends with their move out of NYC. They've been living in Queens for 6 months and have had enough of it so they're moving back to Chicago. It's been great hanging out with them and helping to drink their homemade beer and mead. Going to miss them dearly :sad:, since I've not got any other close friends of my own (this side of the ocean) apart from Pax of course. We're looking to go visit them and check out Chicago for the first time in the fall.

Merc, I bought some Weetabix last week too. It's really the only thing I get from the British aisle of our regular store.

Hope you enjoy your fundraising event on Sunday, Laura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom