The Octagon Bar-The rum's not gone here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2democrat said:
Counting down to going back to school from winter break...only about 4 more hours...:hyper:
:drool: only 4 more weeks - which would mean that it's been like 8 weeks since I went out, like, at all - I got this thing down :wink:

First day of classes was good, my public speaking prof will be awesome.

It's my first semester without an 8am :hyper:

It's also been nice walking to my classes with my iPod :applaud:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's so good to be back :D I've missed my friends so much and being back around them makes me realize how great they are.

I do too, and it will be infintely great to be able to leave my car at a friends place and not have to get it back home by 7:00am.

School does not excite me that much anymore, I don't know why, but I could never feel as close to my college friends as I do my best friend from high school and some new friends I made in my summer job.

Oh well this weekend I am going to work on my resume as I am going to try and get an internship with my congressman this summer...:hyper:

Techie2000 said:
School does not excite me that much anymore, I don't know why, but I could never feel as close to my college friends as I do my best friend from high school and some new friends I made in my summer job.

Oh well this weekend I am going to work on my resume as I am going to try and get an internship with my congressman this summer...:hyper:

Sorry to hear that first bit...it's just the opposite to me. I've totally ditched my high school friends except for my best friend and I don't know what I would do with out my college friends. :shrug:

To the second bit...:hyper::hyper::hyper: I'm excited for you!! I'll probably be interning for a guy running for state delegate down here. :heart: politics :heart:

:shrug: I just ditched the lot of them, I am much better company; I have aquaintances but no real friends - people who I would ever confide in - whats the line that Leonard Cohen had, the solitude of strength :rockon:

Last edited:
FWIW in high school I was very much a loner. I had acquaintances but when I went home after the last bell rang, people never asked if I could hang out with them. That changed quite a bit when I was a senior and developed some real friendships. It takes time, effort, maturity, and trust. If you want to receive, then you must be willing to give...

Techie2000 said:
FWIW in high school I was very much a loner. I had acquaintances but when I went home after the last bell rang, people never asked if I could hang out with them. That changed quite a bit when I was a senior and developed some real friendships. It takes time, effort, maturity, and trust. If you want to receive, then you must be willing to give...

I was the same way. I had a lot of friends in classes, but no one really wanted to hang out outside of class except for maybe 2 or 3 people.

Then again I am an introvert so I don't really need a lot of friends to hang out with, I'm happy with a small circle.

Im fine trading away people for knowledge - it's so much easier being detatched; the only things that I have the remotest interest in would be a simple love and/or someone to bounce ideas off of, beyond that I am sick of the frivilous emulation just to not annoy people.

Last edited:
Mmmm got a call from the bank and probably have the loan :drool:, just have to drop by on monday for paperwork - so car :drool:

And I got top bid on that Steel String Martin Backpacker; I have no idea if I have an aptitude for music - but I have time on my hands.

Got outbid, but got a great deal on a black Washburn D10S; a musically inclined mate has a D10 and said it was the best value he found for entry level.

Saturday :sexywink:

Oh and I have fewer hours next week - 22 (down from 38) but with the plus side of still having my Saturday shift.

Okay so my suitemates all went out to a party, my roommate got drunk and is passed out on his bed. I am in my dorm fundamentally "alone" and still can't stop thinking about the girl that rejected me weeks ago, and there are no girls at this school, and the girls that just came over to party with my suite-mates from another college are a bunch of drunken whores.

:hug:

My roommate is home this weekend for a concert, naturally I'm here in my room alone with no guys in sight.

And good lord I just saw a commercial for Disney's Cinderella III...wtf when did the 2nd one come out??? And why in the world...the original is a classic...bah I can't stand Disney of the last 10+ years. :tsk:

Uhh yeah, that's really weird. Like they started making Lion King with fractions and derivatives and things and I was completely lost. They seem to be having difficulty coming up with good and original material.

I'm trying to use the school movie sharing thing to pirate West Wing but it seems tech school students don't appreciate the writing talents and witticisms of Aaron Sorkin. At least I have Studio 60 episodes...the whole season so far I've watched at least two or three times...

Some of my friends have all the WW episodes on DVD...ahh :drool:

The other day we were watching the Scrubs season 1 DVD, that was fun :yes:

Well I guess I'll go to bed early...I have to go canvassing in the morning for a state delegate. I'd rather sleep in but I ought to help out.

U2democrat said:

My roommate is home this weekend for a concert, naturally I'm here in my room alone with no guys in sight.

And i've been in my study alone, marking time finding things to distract me from feelings since November.

The Octagon Bar - Now With 300% More Brooding Angst

Don't downplay the brooding :grumpy: I mean I was able to spend all last year with the echoes of missed opportunity and sneaky feelings and maintain the disinterested solitary presence I just have to have.

3 weeks until marine bio - gotta try sometimes :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom