The Octagon Bar: Tell Us Your Lousy Ticketing Story and Drink Free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding. I've got that Zoo TV concert to watch, that I got e-mailed to me from someone on EYKIW.

angel_of_L.A. said:

Hey, I'd like to try some of that.

*Makes herself a glass.*

:ohmy: I think I'm going to be sick!!!!

:barf:

<-------------- has low alcohol tolerance!

Let me tell you a little story. Two summers ago and brand new Irish bar opened up. This place is gorgeous. And just about all of it is authentic Irish....even the staircase was created and shipped by boat here. Anyways, I am there opening night. I had four regular Guinness and five Irish Car Bombs...went and got sick all over the bathroom. And I came out and kept drinking. :reject:

I am amazed though because usually if I get sick when I'm drinking that means I'm blacked out and I never remember it...that's the one and only time I have. yeah, good story :huH;

Ewen, don't tell mom on me. :madspit:

starsgoblue said:

Let me tell you a little story. Two summers ago and brand new Irish bar opened up. This place is gorgeous. And just about all of it is authentic Irish....even the staircase was created and shipped by boat here. Anyways, I am there opening night. I had four regular Guinness and five Irish Car Bombs...went and got sick all over the bathroom. And I came out and kept drinking. :reject:

I am amazed though because usually if I get sick when I'm drinking that means I'm blacked out and I never remember it...that's the one and only time I have. yeah, good story :huH;

Ewen, don't tell mom on me. :madspit:

:hug:

I knew I loved my Neruda lovin' chiquita for a reason! Last Thursday, a similar thing happened to me at Brennans (my fave Irish pub). I had like 6 or 7 Basses and Harps. My friend Moni had like 10 and somehow we ended home.

I puked all morning, missed work and around 7 p.m., I finally sobered up enough to go back and do it all over again.

Ah, the luck of the (non) Irish!

U2democrat said:
:ohmy: there's a drink called an irish car bomb?:ohmy:

yeah. Any shot called a "bomb" is one that involves dropping a shot of something into a bigger glass. For example a Jaeger Bomb is a shot of Jaeger dropped into a half full glass of Red Bull.

An Irish Car Bomb is kinda play on terms. It's a shot of Bailey's with a dash of Jameson's dropped into Guinness.

angel_of_L.A. said:

I knew I loved my Neruda lovin' chiquita for a reason! Last Thursday, a similar thing happened to me at Brennans (my fave Irish pub). I had like 6 or 7 Basses and Harps. My friend Moni had like 10 and somehow we ended home.

I puked all morning, missed work and around 7 p.m., I finally sobered up enough to go back and do it all over again.

Ah, the luck of the (non) Irish!

I hardly ever get sick. But if I do, it's BAD. Because it means I'm blacked out. :|

You want a drink that makes you go blind?

Try ethanol. Or as my dad called it when he served me some, "deathanol".

Hooray for 97% alcohol!!

Last call for drinks that make you go blind or forgetful! Pretty soon we'll have to close this place down and open a new one. :sigh:

*Makes herself a pina colada and lounges on the couch. She'll leave before closing time but not without saying goodbye.*

See you tomorrow my friends! :wave:

(Hopes that the new bar will have a sauce room). :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom