The Octagon Bar: Swanky and Soaked for 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won the octagon 500!
lol, sorry Tim. youre right about me not checking my messages.
I gave you the honor of breaking the 500 post rule:wink:

*grabs a fresh rum and coke from the new and squeaky clean bar*
cant wait till I have a bartender. just let me have my own corner here where I store my stuff:D

Well a 1000 has come and gone, and I don't feel a post over 350. :shrug:

Tara, you know you can always park your stuff in the back room, next to all my :cool: gear. :yes: Mi Casa es su Casa. Or some such Spanish lingo.

I'm going to have to go to bed soon, if I want to be at all productive :mad: I like hanging out with you gals.

Pax, thanks for opening up this swanky joint. I feel swankier already. :tongue: :macdevil: :dance:

*She came in through the bathroom window at 2 a.m. Quietly, she walks into the swanky new bar and looks around.

Very NICE!

She collapses on the comfy couch nearby, tired and sleepy after a long night of drinking and partying at an 80s club with her girlfriends (where at least 3 laws were broken) :silent: ...*

Before completely passing out, she takes off her black vinyl boots and her coat, which she uses as a blanket and puts Passengers on the stereo; it's melody drifts quietly throughout the room and lulls her to sleep.

Sleeping peacefully, she dreams of playing once more in the blue playground at regular bar hours with her new friends.*

After all the Christmas food I have eaten over the past few days, I need to go for a ten K run?

Anybody like to join me?

Okay, will see you all later.

<<..... Heads out the door........>>>>

Make some extra expressos, I think I will need one when I get back!

Cheers....

the Badgers- oddly fascinating to watch - impressive santa suits

pax - new place ultra swanky:) thanks
tania - I too am going to workout - too many parties, get-togethers, etc. this month - bring on the run!

but first must worship starbucks gods.....

I got Starbucks gift cards for Christmas. I think I got about $35 worth. That's like 17 cups of coffee for me. I don't get the frappe latte soy stuff. :no:
Actually, it's because I'm intimidated by all the choices :reject: and the fricken prices! :madspit:
That's why coffee is free here. :yes: So, here you go Chrissi, Pax & Tania. ** Serves a shot for each of them **

One of you Barista's will have to school me in the various coffee combinations. I know that Tara is now serving up the Java gold to numerous patrons in the Oregon area, anyone else have experience in this area?

** Prints off Banner that screams "The Reason Is TREASON", hangs it up and then thinks better of it **

Not catchy enough, and it won't sell enough beer. This isn't a revolutionary bar, it's a lovers bar. :heart:

** Tears up the Banner and tosses it into the bin and then swtiches on A Man And A Woman before :dance:ing with my imaginary sweet:heart: **

You can run from love
And if it’s really love it will find you
Catch you by the heel
But you can’t be numb for love
The only pain is to feel nothing at all
How can I hurt when I’m holding you?

:banghead: You wouldn't believe what I just got in the mail :banghead:

Another U2.com calendar! Anyone else need one while I'm shipping today?

This makes it 4 for the price of 2 and I got the 25% discount on the first 2 as well. I guess it's only fair. I never did get my reduced Propaganda membership. :madspit:

Let me know if you want it... Octagonians only please. :yes:

I'm terrible with directions! :wink:

I can't PM...I'm not premium yet, can you believe it?! I can email it to you though if you can post your email addy....I'm so excited!!! :hyper: Thanks so much!

**throws her arms around Tim and gives him a big smooch**

starsgoblue said:
I'm terrible with directions! :wink:

I can't PM...I'm not premium yet, can you believe it?! I can email it to you though if you can post your email addy....I'm so excited!!! :hyper: Thanks so much!

**throws her arms around Tim and gives him a big smooch**

** :shifty: I think I'm going to go to U2.com and place an order for 10 more, hang them around my neck and walk into Pleba. I'll pretend like they gave them to me for free and see what kind of action I get. :tongue: **

OK, you can mail it to me at starsforu2@faulguy.com. I've already packed Pax's calendar, so if you can get this to me pronto, I'll only need to make one trip to the post office. Thanks for the smooch, it was... delightful. :faint:

starsgoblue said:
:hyper:

*gives Tim another for good measure*

:ohmy: There is no blushing emoticon! Thanks Stars! :flirt:

Well, the packages have been sent. I would expect them to arrive on Monday. It would be Friday but the whole world has seen fit to observe someone's birthday this weekend and they have shut down the Post Office Friday in preparation for it. :wink:

It's kind of cool to see people's names for the first time. :yes: I knew Rebekah's first name but didn't know the last name and now I know everything about Pax! Including the mysterious origins of her user ID (It's a cool one by the way) Blackmail! :mac:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I need a hot toddy, pronto. I know we want no scratchy throats in the bar. :scream:

** Hear's someone hacking away offers a tissue, a lozenge and then begins the process of making a hot toddy. **

What seems to be the problem? Coming down with something?

** Brews tea and pours it into a tall glass **

How's the weather in your neighborhood? Cold? We've avoided snow so far... but one never knows. :shrug:

** Adds some honey and 2 shots of Brandy **

This wouldn't be complete without a slice of Le-Mon

** Hands the hot Toddy to LM_PA **

I hope you feel better. Sorry everyone left before you arrived last night :sad:

Ahhh, just what i needed. Thank you. :yes:

There has been snow the last week, but today it rained so it's melted a bit. The temp is actually starting to warm up here in MI, I think it got to almost 35 today.

It warmed up here too. It got so cold last week I had some pipes freeze :madspit: What a pain that was. It's not the freezing that gets me though, it's the thawing. :eek:

I hope you feel better and that this won't be a precursor to a death battle with a virus

** Reaches under the counter for one of those doctor's masks that Adam wore during Pop Mart **

Don't mind me, once a week I like to do impressions of various members of U2. Today is Adam day. Every other day is pretty much Bono. :yes:

Adam's looking pretty tasty these days. :hmm:

He really is....Definetly giving Bono a run for his money

:ohmy: Oh dear, I didn't just say that. Repeats loudly to myself, "I'm a Bono girl. I'm a Bono girl". Looks at my computer wallpaper....ah, yes Bono...:drool:

:wink:

Tim---thanks again! I just want to fall at your feet and worship you now! :happy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom