The Octagon Bar: Swanky and Soaked for 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wops :ohmy: - gotta go! :wave:

Best wishes for a very happy New Year to all the Octagoners! :hug:

:dance: Godt Nytår! :dance:

:wave: Bye Merc!

**looks around and realizes she has the bar to herself, goes over and picks a track on the jukebox**

I've always wanted to do my own renactment of this song, a la Ducky. It truly is one of cinematography's most underated moments.

Ooh she may be weary
And them young girls they do get weary
Wearing that same old shaggy dress
But when they get weary
(You gotta) try a little tenderness

(Tell you, might not believe it, but)
You know she's waiting
Just anticipating
The thing that she'll never, never, possess,no,no
But while (all the time) she's without it
Go to her and try just a little bit of tenderness
(Thats all you gentlemen gotta do)

Oh, but its one thing
It might be a bit sentimental yeah, yeah
She has - her greaves and care
But the soft words they are spoken so gentle
Yeah
But, oh, that makes it, makes it easier to bear, yeah

You wont regret it
No no,
Them young girls they dont forget it
Cause love is their whole, whole happiness
Yes, yes, yeah

And its all so easy
Come on and try
Try a little tenderness
Yeah try
Just keep on trying

You've got to love her
Squeeze her
Don't tease her
Make love (Get to her)
Hold her tight
Just, just try a little tenderness
Thats all you gotta do
Youve gotta hold her tight

One more time
You've got to love her
Hold her
Don't tease her
Never leave her
Make love to her
Hold her, man

Try a little tenderness
(Just one time) God have mercy now

All you've gotta do
Love her
You've gotta hold her
Don't squeeze her
Never leave her
You gotta now,now,now

Watch it , tell everybody
Try
Try a little tenderness

You gotta make love
Don't tease her
Never leave her
Smooth her, soothe her
Move her
Love her
Gotta gotta, take it to her
Try some tenderness

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Yeah!!

Dunno where everyone is. But they are missingou t on me. :madspit: Yep, they don't know what they are missing :no:
Yep, I'm on a clunky laptop in the mountains watching Grosse Pointe Blank. It's less than 24 hours until the New Year and the champagne is being chilled as we speak to us
Later kids

** Pours a couple of Sam Adamas before walking out for the night. **

:wave:

starsgoblue said:
Happy New Years, Tim! Can I have my New Year's kiss now? :flirt:
Hey hey, I fell asleep while writing last night's post. I wasn't actually :drunk:

Almost happy New Year's to you Rebekah!!! It's been so long since I shared a kiss on New Year's. :sad:

Since this is a global bar, can I kiss one girl per time zone? Since it will be the new year at different times.

You can represent the Eastern time zone! :hyper: :flirt: I'm so lucky! ** Leans in gives Rebekah a :hug: **

May next year be exceptional for all of us, may we find love, life and may you get on stage somewhere in Ohio. :kiss: ** Let's go of Rebekah and gives her a wry smile **

Thinks "It's good to be the only guy here :wink:" Now where's my Greenwich Meridian and Pacific Time hotties? Oh Digsy, Oh Tara where are you?

I GOT MY CALENDAR!!! :drool:

Thanks, Tim. :flirt:

:: bolts a Southern Blue before heading off to a hockey game and New Year's festivities immediately after ::

Reason #5434674986 that my mother is the bestest mom ever:

For New Year's she brings me Bailey's Irish Creme flavored ice cream and a hugeass case of Guinness and announces we are going to get pissed watching the Slane Castle DVD! :happy:

If I don't make it (or can't as the case may be) to the keyboard later, happy New Year's all! :heart:

Last edited:
starsgoblue said:
Reason #5434674986 that my mother is the bestest mom ever:

For New Year's she brings me Bailey's Irish Creme flavored ice cream and a hugeass case of Guinness and announces we are going to get pissed watching the Slane Castle DVD! :happy:

If I don't make it (or can't as the case may be) to the keyboard later, happy New Year's all! :heart:

Aww, that's a good mom you have there. :up:

Mine just called to say Happy new year and to tell me to be safe tonight.

:wave: hey people!
well I should be turning 19 in just a little while if everything goes as planned and I dont have an freak death anytime between now and midnight:D
I was born at 6 in the morning on the first but I still turn 19 at midnight:yes:
Rebekah, you have a really cool mom! Im jealous. Mine got me drunk for the first time and we danced in the parking lot of her apartment complex:lol:
we were rocking out to prince at three in the morning, lol

:huh: its three thirty and Ive forgotten to eat today
what is WRONG with me?
can I have a minifridge in my special corner of the bar? Im going to stock it with peanutbutter and jelly, and cheese.
oh and chocolate. frozen snickers bars:yes:

u2bonogirl said:
:huh: its three thirty and Ive forgotten to eat today
what is WRONG with me?
can I have a minifridge in my special corner of the bar? Im going to stock it with peanutbutter and jelly, and cheese.
oh and chocolate. frozen snickers bars:yes:

** finds Tara reclined on the couch ala her sig line and I walk up with some grapes and feed her **

Happy New Year! :wink: Don't expect this everyday. ** Whistles **

Hey guys bring in the Fridge! Put it over there!

Hey Tara, feel better yet?

dont get too wild rebekah:wink: I know you....dont drink more than a couple bottles of whatever it is youre drinking nowadays
I think I need to get a friend of mine to go get me a bottle of jack and I can sit on my porch in the freezing cold tonight and kiss my cat at midnight
thats about the extent of the lip action Im getting right about now:|

starsforu2 said:

** finds Tara reclined on the couch ala her sig line and I walk up with some grapes and feed her **

Happy New Year! :wink: Don't expect this everyday. ** Whistles **

Hey guys bring in the Fridge! Put it over there!

Hey Tara, feel better yet?
mmmm, feeling much better
*kisses tim on the cheek* youre such a good bartender
much better than the ass hole in my dream last night:madspit:
He charged me sixteen bucks for a long island iced tea and he didnt even make it right. then he wanted a tip right away.
I was like "yeah right wanker"
then I had to run away from him
too bad I was too pissed to run by that time
wow, I need to dream more pleasantly
bono made his appearance later in the dream. I hugged him:yes:

:macdevil: Hehe...well...I'm looking right now at a 6 pack of Heines and the gigantic case of Guinness....My personal record is a bottle of wine and 13 beers, I just might have a new record tonight...:hmm: I'm excited!!

Oh yea, the only lip action I'm getting is the virtual kind. Tim was kind enough to humor me. :wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Ha, me too. :slant:

Unless I find the man of my dreams tonight (unlikely) that'll be it for a while.
Ill find larry for you if you find bono for me:D

rebekah, we should get together sometime and clean out a fridge of alcohol together while watching U2 DVDs and posting random things in pleba

u2bonogirl said:

rebekah, we should get together sometime and clean out a fridge of alcohol together while watching U2 DVDs and posting random things in pleba

I might have to hold you to that, Tara! That's a wonderful idea....

The two of us together would probably qualify as a felony in all states though, I'm sure! :angel:

u2bonogirl said:

mmmm, feeling much better
*kisses tim on the cheek* youre such a good bartender
much better than the ass hole in my dream last night:madspit:
He charged me sixteen bucks for a long island iced tea and he didnt even make it right. then he wanted a tip right away.
I was like "yeah right wanker"
then I had to run away from him
too bad I was too pissed to run by that time
wow, I need to dream more pleasantly
bono made his appearance later in the dream. I hugged him:yes:

Too bad that I'm as much a real bartender as the one in your dream :huh: . But at least I'm nicer. :D

Hi Rebekah :wave: I'm glad that even though we are alone, we are alone together. I could use kisses too, btw. :yes: Glad I could help you out.

Rubs cheek. :cute: Thanks Tara! Leans in for a quick peck and inhales deeply. :sigh:

me and rebekah would be very dangerous if combined in the same room with a supply of alcohol:lol:
coyote ugly comes to mind:wink:
quick get up on the bar and dance!!:dance:

in the meantime I think I should start looking for Larry to please larrys angel.....
*searches out all the harley shops in the vicinity. damn, forgot I wasnt in the states anymore:D looks for a reclusive bar with lots of shadows to hide in...*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom