The Octagon Bar: Swanky and Soaked for 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsgoblue said:
:hmm: Yucky and yet delicious....that only happens to me when I'm hungover...:wink:

*Raises hand.*

I am indeed hungover. The gals and I took a break from partying. Becky woke up early (don't ask me how) to visit her uncle with her mom. Monica is sleeping, and me--well I'm pretty groggy! :)

:laugh:

Yeah...my ears are still buzzing from the loud music at the 80s club on Sunday. It dawned on me while I was there that I was way too old for that scene. I used to go clubbing every weekend when I was 21 but now I'm burned out. We did have a lot of fun though! It was Smiths/Morrissey night and there were all these cute guys dressed up as Moz. It was a nice blast from the past! :yes:

That sounds like fun! I'm glad you had a good time, albeit too much! :wink:

*slides Angel one of StarsGoBlue's infamous Nutty Irishman coffees*
A bit of coffee and a bit of the hair of the dog that bit ya and you'll be feeling better in no time.

:wave: Hey Tara! Good to see you around. :)

Yummy! Who knew nutty Irishmen could be so good! Thanks stars, you're the best. This really hits the spot! :wink:

I'm glad I could pop in and hang out for a while! I really missed this place but alas, now I must go :sad: though my wheels are turning, I'm still upside down.

I'm going to finish up this delicious Irishmen and take a relaxing bath. Rushdie's words have been beckoning me flirtatiously since I first opened my eyes and I must submit to his will. I need to catch up with good old Salman tonight, I owe him big time. I have been neglecting him lately and I feel guilty but fortunately, tonight is his lucky night. The weather outside is cold with sprinkles of rain here and there and IMO, that provides the right kind of mood for reading.

A little Nick Drake on the stereo, some steaming hot cocoa, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, and a relaxing bubble bath make for a great evening at home!

Take care ladies and have fun! I promise I'll try to hang out sooner than later.

Big :hug: and kisses from me to you both.

Damnit! I was about to leave when Stars mentioned Neruda (the love of my life) and Tara mentioned books...

Hmmmmmmm books :drool:

:drool:

:drool:

Books are my second love next to music. Life in hell would be no books and no music.

Bibliophiles of the world unite!

Ok...now I am really leaving.

No, really I am.

Watch me.

I am walking out of the bar now...I'm opening the door, stepping outside. I'm on the porch (wait do we even have a porch?), I am walking away.

I'm gone!

Maybe...

starsgoblue said:
You're into Neruda too, Angel? I knew you were going to be one of my favorites here! :heart: Yea!

If I didn't have my music and books...life would be unbearable. :yes:

Ahhh...words cannot possibly describe how I feel about Pablo. I love the way he writes about love; I love the way he describes women...(Bono's lyric on ABOY "I saw her in the curve of the moon" is what I call Nerudaesque!) I love his sonnets, I love his passion for politics, and his overall passion for life. The man was beautiful.

I fell in love with him through his words even before I saw a photograph of him. No one makes me laugh and cry, really cry the way that he does. Except for Bono and Paolo Coelho. Garcia Marquez is a close contender. :heart:

Too bad he died before I was born, but lucky for us his works are still here to change us for the better. And now, I really must go.

:hug:

Last edited:
u2bonogirl said:
I just bought a book on learning french and one on south africa

you want info on SA - i'm the girl you need :D
i'm you're walking talking typing book right here - i'll tell you everything publications won't, the important stuff.
ask me anything! :yes:

** Strolls in and sniffs the air **

Smells like Llama :sick: :|

Hey, a punching bag! ** Throws a few jabs and discovers that there are a pair of black and red light gloves hanging above the bag. **

I'll try these on. It should protect my knuckles. :yes:

** Gets a small workout and returns the gloves to the bag **

This is perfect! So many patrons walk in pissed off and want a drink and there is no bartender. When that happens they can smack the bag until their frustration turns to fatigue. Good Job Tara! :up:

:eyebrow: That still doesn't explain why the place smells like llama :sick:

** For the last time in 2004 - I'm walking into the bar**

**Looks around the bar** :shifty:

ANYBODY GOT ANY LIP BALM?!

:shifty:

ANYBODY HERE?! :laugh:

... okay, I admit - I shouldn't be learning the lines to U2-docs, when I should be remembering exam-stuff instead... :reject:

**Walks up to the bar desk**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom