The Octagon Bar: Swanky and Soaked for 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ewen said:
so....in a sentence, what's this thread all about? Octagon Bar? I'm on a voyage of discovery tonight.

Oh no, you've found it! :laugh: Now you won't have time for me with all the :cute: gals of the Octagon Bar.

Hi Tara & Stars!!! :sexywink:

The Octagon Bar, I guess, started as a "singles bar" but has really become (more or less) a "chat" thread with a recurring "bar" theme or joke to it.

You may notice that the same people tend to frequent the bar over...and over...and over...and over...

i've heard references to 'Octagon Bar' before and it kind of went whoosh over my head, also this "blue crack" thing that ppl talk about....whoosh.

where's my Guinness!

please may have a Guinness, make it two while you're at the bar....it'll save you a trip later! an OVD and Coke too, no ice. some dry roasted nuts and some change for the pool table.

Okay, okay, slow down....

Two guinesses, nah make it three (one for me). You know these take time to pour!

What is an OVD? (Where's Timbo when we need him?)

Macadamias, almonds, peanuts, Charlie Brown (oops, sorry forgot what I was talking about:lol: )?

Pool table is a freebie:)

when you get asked at the bar for regular or extra cold ask for both then we'll get the guinness quicker. OVD is dark rum. yeah peanuts, but not salted....and not from the bowl on the bar....we all know about those!

Pool table's free? i'm coming back here regular! oh, and put some money in the jukebox, it's a bit quiet around here.

pleeease.

Last edited:
<<..... wanders over to the jukebox (actually state of the art ipod thingie with surround sound speaker stuff set up in previous bar and retained by current owners)....>>>

Ah ha, "Town Called Malice" haven't heard that one in ages...:drool:

<<.....heads to bar and organises drinks, nibbles and pool cues...>>

Okay, you can break...

ah...you're a mate!

...you forgot the chalk! doesn't matter, we're playing for fun yeah?

wahey, what a break! damn, two balls down and followed by the cue ball. oh, well!

The chalk is hanging off that piece of string on the end of the pool table.

Geez I am so bad at this game...

Okay, lines up cue ball, tries not to dig hole in felt, and pots one (I think that was yours...)

Yes, definitely playing for fun:lol:

*does a stupid dance and starts playing air guitar with pool cue*

okay, here goes...

*pots all his balls, followed by the black but*

damn there goes the white again! congratulations Tania....now where's that Guinness....ah, there it is.

wow, i never even spotted the pool table before (duh)
whoever's in next... if you'd like to have a game?
and lovely of you to join us Ewen :yes:
come back again soon

*jumps in head first*

oops still got all my clothes on!

** Strolls in like the cat who ate the canary **

:wave: How are you fine folks doing? Howdy Ewen! Nice to have you around! Thanks for bringing the pool table, glad that it doesn't interfere with the dance floor.
I've been incognito the last few days but having the time of my life. I haven't been able to get on-line and I dropped my cell phone into a toilet yesterday and can't talk to anyone there.
Fortunately, being disconnected from the outside world is made easier by the company I keep :D :hug: Here's a picture at my friend's house.
3428543923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3B2%3B%3D%3A5%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323746%3C6%3C6%3B4ot1lsi

I'll be home Wednesday, but I'll try to steal some more time on the computer later... if not, try not to burn the bar down :shame:
:wink:
Peath Out (In my best Kip Dynamite voice)... now where is my LaFawnduh? :lol:

Hey all!:wave:
Im up to no good lately :shifty:
nice pic tim! I have the same little doll as in the background of your pic:lol: its my dads. who knows what hes doing with one of those.....:eyebrow:
anyway, gotta fly.
I actually have a life nowadays so
yeah
Im too sexy for the bar, too sexy for the bar.....

*moves away from standing next to Tim*

....no discrespect mate, you don't smell or anything, but i need to stand next to some ugly men for any chance around here! :wink:

i think i know what she's up to... cheeky cheeky... :lol:

that goes for you too tim - cute pic :cute: (i like the doll personally)
cat who ate the canary indeed! :eyebrow: :D
glad you're having a good weekend disconnected from us - how lucky you are to have company to keep you entertained!

starsgoblue - i'm gonna go get us our MPH bands tomorrow! :hyper:
will you mail me your address again please - i know i have it in my mail somewhere but i'd have to dig for it and i'm lazy and wouldn't know where to start!

have you built that customised Achtung Baby coffee table yet Digsy? It would look nice in the bar.

Thank God you came in Digsy!! I moved since the last time and I was sooo worried you'd send it there....the ex roomies would make sure I never got it :madspit:

Edited for stalkers (wink wink)

Again, thanks so much. I am ridiculously excited about my MPH bracelet! :hyper:

Last edited:
ewen said:
have you built that customised Achtung Baby coffee table yet Digsy? It would look nice in the bar.

i wish... but for the sakes of online enterntainment and imagination lets just say YES. its right over there in the corner... yep, by the leather sofa, the table with my feet on it, thats the one!

starsgoblue said:
Also, Digs, you will have both mags sent this week. I'm really sorry, I don't want you to think I've forgotten, but I was so broke it wasn't even funny....but it's all good now!

ah no worries hom, i really appreciate yu getting them for me. anything out here you need???

will post the bracelet tomorrow - hoping i can get them tomorrow, apparently they'll be in oxfam stores as of then but if they dont have i'll have to send a cheque in for them so it may be a few days.
i want mine NOW dammit! :lol:

will send it as soon as i've got it.

problems with roommates hey - dont you hate that?!
well hopefully the new ones are nicer - are you just in a houseshare somewhere or what?

hurry up and note down starsgoblue's particulers before the "crazed stalkers" do....so that she, i'm assuming, can go and edit it out!

*goes and sits at Achtung Baby coffee table to wait for some male company not talking about Bracelets and girly stuff*

:wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom