The Octagon Bar: Swanky and Soaked for 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nurse chrissi said:
That's the one I have - so wonderful
I also have the remix version that is about 8:19 to be exact

I :heart: Lloyd Dobler (and John Cusack for that matter:wink: )

say anything - such a good movie...

Can you believe that Tara has never seen that one? And she lives in that part of the country! :rolleyes: It should be on everyone's to see list. Lloyd Dobler is my hero!

"If you guys know so much about girls, what are you doing at a gas & sip on a Saturday night?"

** A bunch of guys look at each other and then begin the chorus **

We're Choosing it! Yeah, We're Choosing it! Conscious Choice!

It was fairly tedious and insulting to my intelligence, but other than that, not bad. :)

I have to spend the WHOLE DAY tomorrow at this advertising firm that might hire me...apparently they are quite serious about the interview process.

Can you make me a sweet little drink?

paxetaurora said:
It was fairly tedious and insulting to my intelligence, but other than that, not bad. :)

I have to spend the WHOLE DAY tomorrow at this advertising firm that might hire me...apparently they are quite serious about the interview process.

Can you make me a sweet little drink?

How's a whisky Sour sound? I recall drinking a few of those until I switched to only beer

** Adds 2 oz Blended whiskey some and some Lemon Juice followed by a 1/2 tsp Powdered sugar **

Here's hoping you get the job, and that it's a job worth getting :up:

** Shakes blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strains into a whiskey sour glass. Decorates the glass with the half-slice of lemon, and tops it with a cherry **

Hey, can any of you tie a cherry stem into a knot with your mouth alone? If so, prove it! :wink:

Pax - good luck on the interview tomorrow - hope all goes well

as for the tie the knot in the cherry thing - can't do that - but can to the lipstick trick from the breakfast club pretty well:D

nurse chrissi said:
Pax - good luck on the interview tomorrow - hope all goes well

as for the tie the knot in the cherry thing - can't do that - but can to the lipstick trick from the breakfast club pretty well:D

:applaud: Very nice! Wait, you were the one with the melons. :banghead: It all makes sense now :yes: of course

I've been able to tie the knot with my tongue, but it takes a long time. So I guess you'd say that I might not be talented, but I am persistent. :D

** Points at Pax, because it bugs her **

I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you.

:reject: I just turned 4 :lol:

paxetaurora said:
:: points at Tim ::

:mad: knock that off! Don't you know how rude that is? Didn't your parents teach you anything? :rolleyes:

I'm out of here!

** Walks out of the door and casts a backward glance at Pax **

Good luck on your interview tomorrow! :wave: ** and then proceeds to run into the door jamb, THWACK **

:reject: I'll see you'all tomorrow.

Thanks for the Song Chrissi!

paxetaurora said:
:hug: Tim :hug:

That Tim. He's so dreamy.

:: finishes whiskey sour, saunters out ::

Apparently, he's also got skills! :laugh:

I loved Napolean Dynamite! That guy is so hilarious, great great movie. But "Say Anything"...*sigh* now that is a movie. If you think about it, that scene where John is lifting the boombox above his head and Peter Gabriel is playing in the background, could not possibly work with any other song, It would just be wrong. Cameron Crowe is a film genius (well, almost genius--Vanilla Sky was a hiccup)!

Good luck on your interview tomorrow pax!

::makes herself a madori sour and turns TV on to watch Alias. Hmmmmmm, Michael Vartan...:drool: ::

wow, did I miss a lot or what?
well Im over the whole hangover thing now. I had a little excess last night......

anyway. enough of that. Dont wanna talk about that anymore. :madspit:
I saw the halftime thing last night! It was really cool...I wish I remembered more of it:reject:
I had a little freak out when it came on and leaped onto my dads bed to watch it. then he started to talk to me the whole way through it about his computer problems. eventually I got so mad I yelled at him really bad. wow, usually im a really nice drunk:|

Oh and I forgot. Im brunette now:D
3427%3B%3C3523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3C%3D%3B2%3B%3D%3A5%3B%3DXROQDF%3E232373%3B%3C%3A3385ot1lsi

Tara, you are so cute I want to squeeze you. :hug:

Oh and I can I just say I hate my fucking life and I wish I'd freakin' drop off the face of the earth....family can be such a goddamn bitch! :madspit: Sorry, I'm drunk and cranky tonight....

hey rebekah? whats wrong honey? did your family do something mean to you?
if you dropped off the earth who would i have fun with here? :hug:
since Im the sober one tonight Im gonna worry about you. i wish you could PM me but youre not premium:(

night beck:hug:
if it makes you feel any better I have some real probs right now too. dont drink too muvh, wouldnt want you to do something really stupid or anything.
*snaps fingers*
*designated driver appears for rebekah in case she decides to vacate the bar*
see you in a couple days. tomorrow Im kinda busy. yeah. I have a life:wink:

** Wheels in Giant Cake. Whistles the tune to Happy Birthday while pushing this giant cake into the middle of the Octagon **

It's Alan's Birthday today, and in his honor, a succession of beautiful Octagonians will leap out of the cake to wish him a happy birthday!

*ahem* Ladies, try not to trip and fall when you exit the cake, we still want to eat some of it later.

Yep, the man with the big fish is 28 years old today! He excels in finding odd mixes of cool songs and distributes them to friends and lovers. May his 28th year be filled with love and joy and U2 concerts!

:applaud: Happy Birthday Alan! :applaud:

** After finishing the opening ceremonies I glance at the bar **

Well well, look at these pictures! Tara you were the cutest thing in these pictures! And you're still precocious as hell! One day, I'll have to dig up some delicious baby pictures at my cutest. I think Mom has most of them still. She has a picture of me on a blanket as a toddler, mostly bald, but with my fist under my chin. Even at that age, I was a thinker :wink: It must have been my glamour Shot :lol: I think Deb did it!

And Brunette... :hyper: :faint: So many looks. How will I ever recognize you when I meet you?

Hey Rebekah! :wave: Baby don't cry :sad: I hope you're feeling better this AM. :yes: Let us know if we can do anything for you. Bananas are good for hangovers I hear. :|

starsforu2 said:
** Wheels in Giant Cake. Whistles the tune to Happy Birthday while pushing this giant cake into the middle of the Octagon **

It's Alan's Birthday today, and in his honor, a succession of beautiful Octagonians will leap out of the cake to wish him a happy birthday!

*ahem* Ladies, try not to trip and fall when you exit the cake, we still want to eat some of it later.

Yep, the man with the big fish is 28 years old today! He excels in finding odd mixes of cool songs and distributes them to friends and lovers. May his 28th year be filled with love and joy and U2 concerts!

:applaud: Happy Birthday Alan! :applaud:

You're (all) too kind! :hug:

Alan

ps. Waiting for my Dad to bring home a chinese takeaway! :drool: :D

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Alan - Hope you had a great day

btw - any U2 related gifts?:)

edited to add - ahhh chinese takeout:drool:

Last edited:
**Jumps out of birthday cake**

Ta-daa! :D

Happy Birthday Alan! :applaud:

Hope you're having a great day! :kiss:

starsforu2 said:
Bananas are good for hangovers I hear. :|

Don't you :| at that, mister! :eyebrow: They're known to cure the hangovers "Guinnitis Dublinitis" ( :shifty: ) better than anything - and since The Octagon is in Dublin (you didn't move it - did you?! :huh: )... :shrug:

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom