The Octagon Bar-Stop on by while the boss isn't looking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ok, I hope the computer peeps are around right now... :uhoh:

I'm getting a second hard drive installed next weekend and my uncle is asking if I want this new one as my boot drive or just as my second drive? I really don't want to have to reinstall everything, so would it be easier to have the new drive as my second drive? I know I'm still gonna have to move iTunes over to the new drive, since I want to put more music on my comp, but that's all I'll really want to move onto a fresh drive. When I go to save new stuff will I have a choice as to which drive I can save it to? :notcomputerliterate:

Does this make sense? Do people usually make their new drives their boot drives? :scratch: Or are they lazy like me? lol
What I find works best, is I have two HDDs. One is a 40GB drive that I have Windows installed on, and most of my programs. Then I have a 200GB secondary drive. I have iTunes keep all my music on the secondary drive (you'll have to drag your iTunes music folder over to the new drive and it'll take a few minutes to copy, then you need to change the iTunes options to look for music on the new drive). I also keep all my various downloads and stuff on the second drive. The advantage is, if the first drive dies, the second drive still has all your stuff.

So in a nutshell, just make it your secondary drive, and leave your current boot drive alone.

Thank you. :flirt: I was thinking this morning...wow, he's been in my life for most of this year! We started talking mid-January, I think. I had very little 2005 without Ewen, LOL...and I'm happy about that. :yes:

Techie2000 said:
What I find works best, is I have two HDDs. One is a 40GB drive that I have Windows installed on, and most of my programs. Then I have a 200GB secondary drive. I have iTunes keep all my music on the secondary drive (you'll have to drag your iTunes music folder over to the new drive and it'll take a few minutes to copy, then you need to change the iTunes options to look for music on the new drive). I also keep all my various downloads and stuff on the second drive. The advantage is, if the first drive dies, the second drive still has all your stuff.

So in a nutshell, just make it your secondary drive, and leave your current boot drive alone.

Thanks, Techie. :up:

Happy 6 months, Ewbby. :cute:

I am officially starting my "lose my fat ass" campaign today. :rant: :wink:

bah. well i guess i should go get ready for work. i'll be back a little after noon...and then i'll be leaving again for NC. so if i don't get a chance to post again today i'll be back tomorrow :wave:

U2democrat said:
aw crap. i have to get a bunch of shots for college. needles don't bother me...it's just annoying.

and i just discovered a pimple at the end of my nose :grumpy:
I had to get something. I forget what. I've been injected with so many infectious diseases in my life that I just don't bother keeping track anymore.

Back
Top Bottom