The Octagon Bar: Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics in the Stew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ewen said:
*groan* :|

lol

What? :eyebrow:

Dallas is hot! :drool:

**Sits on couch next to Cardboard Dallas**

Okay, Ewen, you can relax - I'll stop before this turns into the tech version of PLEBA! :lol:

lol, no I wasn't groaning at you dancing with Dallas, I was groaning at your play on all I want is you/all I want is schoo. :|

:lol:

ewen said:
lol, no I wasn't groaning at you dancing with Dallas, I was groaning at your play on all I want is you/all I want is schoo. :|

:lol:

Hey, it's supposed to be on my sign at my next future U2 concert... :shifty:

:wink:

Oh Vertigo dates are in, schwing :wink:

And does Laura have the unique ability to resist the charms of Jack Sparrow :up:

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
I really wish I could have seen them on the Vertigo Tour.

:hug:

I'm 100% sure you'll get a chance to see them again Demmy! :yes:

....and just remember, in a few years you'll be able to spend loads of time with Bono (and me!) in Africa! :wink:

A_Wanderer said:
Oh Vertigo dates are in, schwing :wink:

And does Laura have the unique ability to resist the charms of Jack Sparrow :up:

:yes: I just think he's funny, that's all :shrug:

I also have the amazing ability to resist the charms of Will Turner. :up:

Norrington on the other hand...well...that's a different story. :wink:

I'm sure you're right Merc that I will eventually see them again...it's the wait that bugs me.

Only 13 posts before we need to open a new bar... :shifty:

Well I saw something cool when i turned over a rock

BH2006058.jpg

Oh and also saw some big spiders

BH2006006.jpg

Imagine my surprise when I reached over to my towel and found a spider the size of my fist

It flicked away easily enough though :wink:

But the flatness is pretty cool, we were standing on the only terrain before the flat plains stretched to the horizon

BH2006081.jpg

^ Amazing picture, A_W! :drool:

It reminds me a bit of the Masai Mara, with the flat plains as far as the eye can see - except, the Mara isn't that dry! :)

Does that mean you're back in West Virginia? Although I recall from the distant past you saying something about your folks moving to DC.

too early for soda for me.

*glugs down some of our Full Moon blend coffee and has a bowl of Weetabix*

yum!

We have to order our fair-trade coffee and it comes in a huge sack so there's plenty here for everyone else.

Thankfully our local store sells my favourite British breakfast!

ewen said:
*...and has a bowl of Weetabix*

:scream: NO...

I miss my Weetabix! :sad:

I lived off Weetabix (and traditional local Kenyan food) for three months, and I loved it (the Weetabix that is - the traditional Kenyan food isn't that exciting!) and I miss them now - but Weetabix are so difficult and expensive to get here! :madwife:

**Grabs a bowl of Ewens Weetabix... :shifty:**

noooooooooooooo

you can have some of my coffee, didn't say you could have any of my precious Weetabix!

*grabs bowl off Merc before she eats any of it and runs off* :madspit:

ewen said:
noooooooooooooo

you can have some of my coffee, didn't say you could have any of my precious Weetabix!

*grabs bowl off Merc before she eats any of it and runs off* :madspit:

Oh no, not the Weetabix!!! :sad:

I'll trade a few of your Weetabix with some extraordinary Kenyan coffee from my home district...? :flirt: Or tea...? :flirt: And on top I'll give you a very, very interesting lecture on how tea is grown - did you know that Ireland is the largest European importer of Kenyan tea? :nerd:

What do you say? :bow:

Btw, did you have Weetabix commercials on TV in Scotland? They did in Kenya - with the slogan "Weetabix - One that's Unbeat-abix" or something like that! It was so bad, it was hillarious! :lol:

A friend of mine spent some time in Tanzania. When he went there, he remembered to take over his own coffee because "I'm a bit of a coffee snob" he admits. He said the locals were so poor that they couldn't drink the very coffee that they grow and export from their own country, so they were drinking instant coffee instead, like Nescafé. My friend of course shared his coffee with them.

Weetabix is a British company so yes we have the commercials in the UK. The commericals are amongst the most famous of our favourite television ads - we Brits love our ads as much as the main programmes!

http://www.weetabix.co.uk/weetabix_timemachine/

Interesting stuff about the Irish being Kenya's favourite customer.

No not West Virginia, just plain ol' Virginia. The DC thing fell through, so I'm still in Richmond. August 19 I'll be back in Newport News, VA for school, which is near Williamsburg and Virginia Beach.

Ah, I see. That's why I was mentioning about seeing you outside the White House and stuff - I thought you were at school in DC. Sorry.

Well, looks like this extraordinary long version of the Octagon Bar thread has finally reached its end at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom